Author Topic: Bad Form  (Read 7772 times)

July 30, 2004, 02:02:27 PM
Reply #40

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
remember, you will most likely have more that 1 gorge.  It may not be permanent like a comm, but there's almost always atleast one on your team.  And gorges SHOULD be doing about as much individual combat as a commander.
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

July 30, 2004, 04:34:43 PM
Reply #41

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
remember, you will most likely have more that 1 gorge.  It may not be permanent like a comm, but there's almost always atleast one on your team.  And gorges SHOULD be doing about as much individual combat as a commander.
But I like running to the other side of the map when I know my gorges are in danger...  Just like every one else (apparently  :angry: )
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 03, 2004, 07:51:32 AM
Reply #42

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I notice the odd bit of skill stacking but its not a colossal problem as it is on more notorious servers. Sure there's a couple of notorious names but to me that adds to the challenge.

In the final analysis, LMs the best server I play on and know of.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 03, 2004, 08:07:52 AM
Reply #43

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I know people stax marines.... that why I comm, to help balance things out :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

August 03, 2004, 09:30:38 AM
Reply #44

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
remember, you will most likely have more that 1 gorge.  It may not be permanent like a comm, but there's almost always atleast one on your team.  And gorges SHOULD be doing about as much individual combat as a commander.
Perma gorging does NOT help unless you've got a sizable number of res nodes up so that you've got decent res flow coming in.  Otherwise you're sitting there soaking up res, not contributing offensively or defensively.  You're just free 1 - 3 rfk.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

August 03, 2004, 09:47:21 AM
Reply #45

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Perma gorging does NOT help unless you've got a sizable number of res nodes up so that you've got decent res flow coming in.  Otherwise you're sitting there soaking up res, not contributing offensively or defensively.  You're just free 1 - 3 rfk.
I beg to differ.  You may not be out there getting your own RFK,  but you're mobile, you can see what's going on from a different view, and you can also heal up nearby skulks/fades/onoses.  Especcially for skulks, this can mean the difference between a hard-fought battle and a slaughter.  Also, you save those 10 res you'll need later to re-gorge.  It just requires patience and a willingness to NOT kill for a little while.  However, when times get rough, stick your fat butt in the middle.  The gorge is tough enough to hang in there. Don't underestimate your fat friends  :angry:
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

August 03, 2004, 10:02:27 AM
Reply #46

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
A mad suicidal gorge can do wonders, but it's all about psychological warfare. There's a chemical in EVERY marine's head (I think they put something in their nano-food) that makes them forget all else and go into a killing rage when they see a gorge. Something about that cute wiggly gorge butt fuels their blood drenched rage. A marine would cross hot burning coals and dance over the heads of an army of skulks, just to knife a gorgey. So, abuse that fact. Hang out with a skulk. Even if the skulk can't ambush very well, all he has to do is hang over a door or something and wait. When the marine comes by, have the gorge drop a chamber and start building it. That's the trigger for the marines. They say "AHHH GORGE, MUST SLAUGHTER WITH KNIFEY!" and go charging. Free skulk kill. Chuckle, healspray, repeat.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

August 03, 2004, 10:17:47 AM
Reply #47

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
most times ill just go for gorge because I know thats 10 more res then what a skulks worth.. most times ill aim  on what hurts their res flow

gorge - onos - skulk - in random area, go for onos unless everyones getting wne by skulk

gorge - onos - skulk - in hive area, go for gorge, because if hes waiting to put up that hvie its ten more res for him.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

August 03, 2004, 11:43:17 AM
Reply #48

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yeah I find permagorging to be obsolete nowadays. Worked better in 2.0, now I find myself going back to skulk and making some kills in order to get the res up to drop more stuff.

You effectively lose 10 res because you have to evolve back to gorge, but you're more disposable. Staying as gorge does mean I can follow the troops with the healspam, but since nearly everyone goes DC first, and then evolves regen, it does make the gorge something of a fifth wheel.

I totally agree that gorges are good ways of distracting rines - drop a few OCs near an empty hive and some comms will just siege it. Can be handy for draining their obs before you rush an empty base.

Best tag team I've seen is gorge and Onos. It virtually guarantees Onos immortality, and if the Onos stomps marines for easy spitkills it means the gorge can drop DC and MC everywhere in order to fuel the big push for MS.

August 04, 2004, 10:39:55 AM
Reply #49

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Best tag team I've seen is gorge and Onos. It virtually guarantees Onos immortality, and if the Onos stomps marines for easy spitkills it means the gorge can drop DC and MC everywhere in order to fuel the big push for MS.
[snapback]24760[/snapback]

Worst tag team ever.  The amount a gorge healspray heals an Onos is negligible compared to regen.  What usually happens is the Onos getting gunned down because he tried to run away and tripped on the Gorge.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

August 04, 2004, 01:12:08 PM
Reply #50

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I think the best tag team ever is onos and onos  v_v

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

August 04, 2004, 01:45:25 PM
Reply #51

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Let's try to keep this from becoming obscenely off-topic, please.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

August 04, 2004, 03:07:24 PM
Reply #52

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Blocking could be considered bad form, I've seen Onos camp outside a base and simply refuse to rush in. When they do enter, every other skulk on the map rushes in behind them. When the Onos trys to flee, they hit the skulks, who had assumed a base rush was happening.

Always try and coordinate the IN door and the OUT door. Saves a lot of hassle.

BTW, Gorge/Onos combo naturally assumes the Onos is not an idiot and has chosen Regen. He'll just heal an awful lot faster with regen, healspam, and 3 dcs beside him. Second, the gorge can't be behind the onos because if he's trying to take advantage of Onos stomp to get spit kills then he should be BESIDE the Onos. Durr.

August 06, 2004, 11:13:39 PM
Reply #53

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
We used to have admin_forceteams. Some admins didn't like being forced on to teams, there was a big fight, blood was shed, bodies were buried in the garden. We no longer have admin_forceteams. Now let us never speak of this again.

*twitch*
[snapback]24357[/snapback]

the plugin that has admin_marine, admin_alien and admin_f4 should also have two more commands
admin_random and admin_autoteam.
admin_random will force all players to join a random team if they lack access to the command admin_random (ie no admins will be forced, also spectators are left methinks)
admin_autoream requires higher access and puts everybody ingame who is not currently on the floor fighting

i try to go to the stacked against team unless someone wants me to comm ^^

August 07, 2004, 10:22:06 AM
Reply #54

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
People didn't like the BoP because they are team-biased. Some people only play on the aliens and some people only play on the marines. If everyone just went random all the time, nobody would care if they were forced into the game.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

August 07, 2004, 01:57:54 PM
Reply #55

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
People didn't like the BoP because they are team-biased. Some people only play on the aliens and some people only play on the marines. If everyone just went random all the time, nobody would care if they were forced into the game.
[snapback]25259[/snapback]

well, admin_random and _autoteam both have timers and a somewhat noticeable csay. plenty of time to spam a jointeam command

August 08, 2004, 12:11:11 AM
Reply #56

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]25259[/snapback]

Neg. Forceteams was abused by certain admins every single game. You'd load the map and *POWIE* you're on a team. I'd barely even be able to figure out what map I was playing and *WHAMMO* I'm a marine. Coupled with the fact that some admins would turn off forceteams for themselves and STILL use it (so they'd abuse everyone else and let themselves decide their own team) made me complain enough to get it removed.