Author Topic: Minor Rule Changes  (Read 2051 times)

July 20, 2004, 08:38:41 PM
Read 2051 times

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Not a whine really, just a few thoughts on existing rules.

1) Lerk Lift:
Some people seem that it's fun to just pick up a gorge at will and try and fly him wherever they feel like. This is not fun. I just had a lerk attempt to pick me up 3 times in the space of 20 seconds to try and fly me off. Is there some way that "Don't abuse lerk lift" or similar can be added to the rules.

2) Team Damage / TK:
One thing that struck me as odd from another game i just played tonight is that team damaging as an Onos is prohibited. I'm not saying just walking up to a friendly player and attacking him for no reason should be justified, but if you need to escape and a friendly skulk or gorge is blocking your way, i really see no reason why attacking him to get him to move is bad. To put it this way, is a 75 res fade of a 10 or 2 res gorge or skulk more important. While i find team damaging etc to be bad form, given the circumstance, i feel that team damaging is justified, especially due to the Onos's ability to throw any unit 50m back with knockback.

Anyways, just some thoughts.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

July 20, 2004, 09:02:50 PM
Reply #1

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
1) Lerk Lift:

2) Team Damage / TK:
1) I believe that that falls under the "Don't be a Llama" rule, afterall, picking someone up who doesn't want to be picked up is very llama-like.

2) I wouldn't mind if that happened to me as an onos tries to escape, I understand. But don't forget that you also have the ability to jump (and spam the voicecomm with "get out of my damn way!").  The worst is when there's a lerk flyin behind you (a support lerk most likely) and you can't jump over him :(

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

July 20, 2004, 09:05:37 PM
Reply #2

Tooky

• Gorge

• View Profile
There is a mod where you can turn off lerk lift for yourself, name I do not know but it works: /llon or /lloff.

July 20, 2004, 10:53:54 PM
Reply #3

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
Or if you get picked up against your will you can just hit your USE key and you will drop. If you do that and run away from the lerk, while telling him off on voicechat, he will get the idea. So it's not a big issue.

As an onos, using your tusk ONCE to get the knockback to move an ally seems OK to me. Onos tusk sends skulks and gorges flying through the air, so once should be enough.

July 20, 2004, 11:51:08 PM
Reply #4

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
1) This rarely happens.  If it does, use +use to get away from him.  If it keeps happening, tell an admin.

2) No.  No no no NO NO NO.  That is the worst kind of selfishness.  If it happens by accident, well, we can deal with it.  But if an onos starts TKing everyone behind him every time he wants to get away he'll end up banned quick.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 11:51:31 PM by JHunz »
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

July 21, 2004, 07:43:09 AM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think the Onos should have the "squish" ability. If a smaller lifeform gets in the way of an Onos, it'd be squished.

The marines would watch in awe as Skulks and Lerks would hide in vents, terrified, while Gorges would flee in a panic as the Onos tries to make 'em go squish.

I wrote that a while back, and everyone agreed that the idea was pretty funny. Have we reached the point where we're seriously considering this?

I think not.