Author Topic: Counter-strike Source Beta 1  (Read 2809 times)

July 08, 2004, 02:01:52 PM
Read 2809 times

admojostrator

• Skulk

• View Profile
Starting later this summer, Valve will be conducting a limited-time beta of Counter-Strike: Source via Steam. The beta will first be open to subscribers of the Valve Cybercafé Program, and then extended to owners of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The next installment of the world's number 1 online action game, Counter-Strike: Source blends CS's intense teamplay with the advanced technology of Valve's Source engine. For more information check out Steam Powered
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 02:04:04 PM by admojostrator »

July 08, 2004, 02:06:36 PM
Reply #1

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
so everyone who wasted their money on CZ gets to play source early,

July 08, 2004, 02:11:16 PM
Reply #2

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Someone's already working on cracking this, and it's not even out yet.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

July 08, 2004, 02:14:39 PM
Reply #3

admojostrator

• Skulk

• View Profile
Someone's already working on cracking this, and it's not even out yet.
If you ever find anything let me know! I don't care to waste my money on CZ. I don't really have any money to waste!

July 08, 2004, 04:07:32 PM
Reply #4

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Counter-Strike: Source blends CS's intense teamplay with the advanced technology of Valve's Source engine.
LAFF!

In other words, it's just regular old CS on the HL2 physics engine. (decyphered using Niteowl's reference to PR Buzz Lines)

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

July 10, 2004, 07:45:27 PM
Reply #5

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Whats funny: There is more teamplay in CZ than in CS, and its SP. I just got CZ today so I could try out the source engine: And CZ isn't that bad. In fact- I like it. A lot.

Not as good as NS, but it does its genre well.

July 12, 2004, 01:26:25 PM
Reply #6

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i played a cracked version of it awhile back, the AI was HORRIBLE, it felt it was WORSE than HL's.

The "hostages" always ran into walls. especially that dumbass "sniper" in the black hawk down level. Always causing me to check every 5 seconds if he's still unstuck.

And the enemies are so horrible its quite funny. and your ON your OWN 80% of the game in SP.  <_<  Some Teamwork huh?

the only situation i saw with Teamwork was that silly Russian Silo thingy map when there were 2 terrorist organizations shooting at eachother and you and like 1 other guy (who dies in the beginning anyhow so ur on your own killing 4563524231 bad guys by yourself as usual)

And did i mention its so easy to do what marines do to OCS these days to kill basically alot of terrorists? All u have to do is slowly strafe away from a wall until u see a bit of their arm or leg and shoot while they go "OW! and still stand in the same spot. Eventually killing them ^_^  

Boooringg, but cool videos in the beginning at leasy  :ph34r:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 01:28:20 PM by Diablus »

July 12, 2004, 03:52:05 PM
Reply #7

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
i played a cracked version of it awhile back, the AI was HORRIBLE, it felt it was WORSE than HL's.

The "hostages" always ran into walls. especially that dumbass "sniper" in the black hawk down level. Always causing me to check every 5 seconds if he's still unstuck.

And the enemies are so horrible its quite funny. and your ON your OWN 80% of the game in SP.  <_<  Some Teamwork huh?

the only situation i saw with Teamwork was that silly Russian Silo thingy map when there were 2 terrorist organizations shooting at eachother and you and like 1 other guy (who dies in the beginning anyhow so ur on your own killing 4563524231 bad guys by yourself as usual)

And did i mention its so easy to do what marines do to OCS these days to kill basically alot of terrorists? All u have to do is slowly strafe away from a wall until u see a bit of their arm or leg and shoot while they go "OW! and still stand in the same spot. Eventually killing them ^_^ 

Boooringg, but cool videos in the beginning at leasy  :ph34r:
I think your talking about Delted Scenes. Regular is basically just matches with bots and a few requirements.

July 12, 2004, 10:59:01 PM
Reply #8

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Whoa, this will be the first time I almost wish I bought CZ. Almost...
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

July 13, 2004, 09:56:22 AM
Reply #9

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
*dry cough to express utter contempt for using a highly-expected and -hyped game to promote an utterly crappy one*