Author Topic: My Plugin....  (Read 1740 times)

July 07, 2004, 06:43:13 PM
Read 1740 times

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
So, who was connected at the time, and what did the plugin start doing?
What I heard on irc is it "reconnected everyone over and over".. that really doesn't seem possible, but I'll go with it for now.

My question to you, is does anyone remeber what was going on at the time? Was this during midgame or after a mapchange? Were there any players doing unususal things on the server?  Does anyone happen to have a condump of either the players on at the time, or the events leading up to it? (Server logs from about 5 mins before until it was taken off the server would be helpful, if you have them)  Was there any player that was pissed off at an admin, the server, a ban, etc? (They couldn't cause it, but it would be nice to know)

I also heard that you tried a different plugin after mine? And that it did the same thing?

So, any help you give me can help me to fix whatever caused this.. the entire plugin is pretty simple, but I can think of a few ways to prevent this from happening.. such as disabling the plugin after a certain number of executions per minute.

July 07, 2004, 07:17:33 PM
Reply #1

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Now, I was in a strange position.  I was on the server at the time, but I was the ONLY one not suffering from said problems.  What occured was:

At the end of a round, everyone seemed to lose their connection, or suffer a map change, and then the game reloaded ns_eclipse, which was the map we were on. (Excluding me.)  

Then, as expected, everyone reconnected.  After a few moments, the round restarted.  Then, to my suprise, the majority of both teams AGAIN disconnected....only to return in a few moments (At this point, Kodiak, behind me, was getting frustrated and being angry at his computer).  This continued to occur, with people connecting, disconnecting, and then reconnecting.  I heard that some got certain admin or server messages as to the cause.  However, being not directly affected, I cannot tell you more.  Simply a witness.
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

July 07, 2004, 10:13:42 PM
Reply #2

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Some people got reconnected over and over and over again.  I tried voogru's plugin, and about half the people had to rejoin the server right after mapchange because the connection attempt was refused (his works slightly differently).

I suspect this is because when the server switches to a new map, both of the plugins detect the people who join the new map quickly as people reconnecting too fast...triggering the protection provided by the plugin.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 10:14:09 PM by JHunz »
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"