Author Topic: Tales Of Battle  (Read 1908 times)

June 01, 2004, 08:41:42 PM
Read 1908 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Much like the NS.org forum of the same name, this is a depository for all your favorite tales of battle.

June 02, 2004, 05:49:26 PM
Reply #1

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
The one good thing I can say about co_ maps is that, because there so fast you get some really cool battles, really quickly.

So I was a Marine in co_core, it was about 3 minutes into the game I had a shotty (bestest typo ever ^_^ ),  level one weapons and armor.  Half the marine team staged an attack on the lower entrance to the hive.  There were skulks everywhere.  I began firing my shotgun into the horde of oncoming skulks.  I fired  off two shots into a skulk jumping at me he fell back, dead.   I turned around to see a skulk kill one of my team mates.  I emptied a round in to his body and avenged my dead friend.  Suddenly the battle was all over and I realized that I was all alone.  I fell back and got resupply.  I began reloading my shotgun only to hear the click clack of skulk claws on metal.  I turned, waited until the skulk was almost upon me and fired off shot, he didn't stop coming.  He managed to bite my once before a reinforcing team mate came to my rescue with a lmg.  I began reloading my gun again, only to hear the sound of at least three more skulks coming for me and my new best friend.  They came on us with a lerk in there midst.  I focused on the lerk first.  It took four rounds for that guy to fall.  By then I was in the middle of the skulk pack I jumped and ducked almost reflexively to evade the skulks.  Then To my left I saw a skulk coming straight for me.  I emptied two rounds into him before he fell.  Then I saw one coming from the left.  Again I emptied two rounds into him and he fell.  I was out of rounds in my gun and there still was one skulk left.  He was coming from behind me, from the marine start side.  I had no choice but to back up into the hive.  Pulling out my pistol I emptied all 10 rounds into the skulk and he still didn't fall.  Desperate now I whipped out my knife and charged, one slash is all it took.  

I fell back out side the hive and reloaded, just in time to see a skulk coming at me from the hive side,  I waited for him and downed him with one shot.  Now I only had one round in my shotty.  I turned around to see a skulk coming at me from the cliff side where I was standing.  I used my final round to down that skulk.  Then two skulks came from the hive side.  Reloading my shotgun was to slow, I pulled out my pistol and began firing.  Only to hear the click click of a empty chamber.  Once again I pulled out my knife and charged.  One knife against two skulks.  As I saw the black close around my face I died with the knowledge that backup was coming and that I had done a good job, I had held  off the aliens.[/COLOR]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 04:53:37 PM by Nuketheplace »

June 29, 2004, 05:28:05 PM
Reply #2

jared101

• Lerker

• View Profile
short story on ns metal

two marines walk out of flight control to the node around the corner.Jared101 starts building once it is dropped,while the other marine covers

Jared101:"come on man,double build,we can hear a skulk co"
chomp chomp chomp

Lochness -\/ \/ - Jared101
suicidal monkey "oh yeah,we can hear them alright"

end

im not sure if it was monkey,but 80%
Bant.