Author Topic: Best Commanders  (Read 24112 times)

December 08, 2003, 05:10:14 PM
Reply #20

Goldfish

• Lerker

• View Profile
Xodlike- I've played with you on Hera and Lost and yes, you do fine on those two maps.  Are you angry about not being beautiful?  Because I could rephrase.  You have your own kind of beauty.  The smelly, less beautiful kind.

I'm just kidding, give me some loving, son.

Niteowl- nothing wrong with killing stuff with your marines, s'long as the aliens aren't sacking your base at the same time. ^_^

December 10, 2003, 02:04:07 PM
Reply #21

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
crack
cheez
keyser
cwag
xodlike

in no particular order

December 16, 2003, 10:00:57 PM
Reply #22

Gunner2k

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://gunner2k.250free.com
I acctually think that right now, as of December 17th.. Since I am posting this at 12:00am  ^^, I think that GoD, fatty, are really good. Really haven't been commander by Goldfish, and Others..

December 17, 2003, 07:51:29 AM
Reply #23

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Goldfish is pretty good and so is crack. I've had some wins with both of them. One time though, Goldfish joined and we had a noob comm, but 'fish wouldn't comm and we lost.  :(
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 19, 2003, 12:39:42 AM
Reply #24

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
well, i won't rate, but commander who are competent

goldleader
seth
anarki
drubo (i think.. it was)

will add more as they come to me ;)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

December 19, 2003, 04:14:10 AM
Reply #25

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Doh! I forgot Niteowl. Very good comm, and he'll do it when no one else will.

December 29, 2003, 08:49:05 AM
Reply #26

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Hey guys, first post!

I haven't had the pleasure of 'rining under CWAG yet, but from what I hear, he's pretty incredible.

Oh, and thanks Grimm, I've been working on my comming style lately, I think I finally have a style/build order that works for me, with a TF, IP, armory first, scatter the marines, get 4 nodes, Lab and Up the armory, then throw out HA and walk all over em. It's worked every game except one, where I accidently dropped an armory instead of a spare CC when mine was under attack... Oh well.

Maybe I'll see you guys on later and we'll be able to have a good bit of marine pwnage. >:D

December 29, 2003, 11:29:51 AM
Reply #27

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Goldfish has more or less stopped comming, mostly because of a nub who kept flaming him for entirely no reason.  Goldfish left, nub kept flaming, Owl kicked him, nub returned and kept flaming, nub was bant. Goldfish still isn't comming though. *sigh*

Niteowl makes for a good comm too, except for one vital weakness: He focuses more on entertaining his rines than on winning the game. While you can win a game and still be bored, being bored while losing is far more common. And while Niteowl's "build PG in/close to hive and have The Big Battle Of The Much Slaughtering On Both Sides™"-tactic is certainly wholesome fun for the whole family, it is a little more prone to failure than the classic "build TF outside hive, siege the crap out of 'em". And we all know that the interval between "ok, rines have lost" and the last IP being destroyed is far too long, and that the inbetween is usually relatively boring (classic dialogue: "Oh c'mon aliens, just kill us." "Then stop resisting, dammit!"). Piece of advice: Either strike a better balance between fun and winning, or adopt the IP spam tactic: Instead of building more turrets or handing out a few hmgs when you've pretty much lost anyway, try building lots of IPs. Then watch "The Fun Last Stand Of The Giggling™". Still remember our last stand in Computer Lab, Lightning Blue? How many IPs did we reach? Eleven?

And a hearty "omghi2u", Legionnaired. Hope to see you on the server when I return.

January 04, 2004, 12:01:32 AM
Reply #28

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
weow , i got mentioned , thanks niteowl

my fav comms are crack , seth , lito , niteowl who comm most of the time
theres others but i forget . .
-_^

January 04, 2004, 12:24:33 AM
Reply #29

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Niteowl makes for a good comm too, except for one vital weakness: He focuses more on entertaining his rines than on winning the game. . And while Niteowl's "build PG in/close to hive and have The Big Battle Of The Much Slaughtering On Both Sides™"-tactic is certainly wholesome fun for the whole family...

And a hearty "omghi2u", Legionnaired. Hope to see you on the server when I return.
I think I need to be a grunt for Niteowl one of these games sometime soon, sounds very entertaining.  :D

And yes, now that Legionnaired is officially part of Lunixmonster, I can declare him an official Lunixmonster GreatComm (tm before LF does  :p).

January 04, 2004, 12:40:15 AM
Reply #30

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
And while Niteowl's "build PG in/close to hive and have The Big Battle Of The Much Slaughtering On Both Sides™"-tactic is certainly wholesome fun for the whole family, it is a little more prone to failure than the classic "build TF outside hive, siege the crap out of 'em".
this actually made me lol.

yes, i do find i play games of attrition with rines shooting wildly and win or loss depending almost entirely on how well they can frag. :) on the plus side, when we lose, we lose REALLY REALLY REALLY fast.

uhm. i've been trying to siege hives more, it's working better.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 04, 2004, 02:46:26 AM
Reply #31

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'm gonna go with niteowl on this one too. Crack is also pretty good, but the guy needs voicecomm. You just can't effectively control your grunts without being able to scream at them while giving waypoints. Also, he bonsaibases. Ugh.

As for the rest of the mentioned comms, I guess I just haven't been around long enough to have the pleasure of being yelled at by them.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

January 04, 2004, 10:10:15 AM
Reply #32

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I must add two people. Holy_Devil is an awesome comm and can win on maps that 'rines are supposed to completely suck on. Legionnaired is also a very good comm -- first time I had him comm, it seemed like he knew what he was doing. But I must say a comm is as good as his marines.

EDIT: As many times as I've played with CWAG, I don't think I've ever seen him comm. Hearing how he's supposed to be good sure makes me think he should be back on the server more.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 10:13:04 AM by Malevolent »

January 04, 2004, 10:33:18 AM
Reply #33

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yeah - I'll give a shout-out to Holy_Devil  ^^

January 04, 2004, 10:33:56 AM
Reply #34

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
I must add two people. Holy_Devil is an awesome comm and can win on maps that 'rines are supposed to completely suck on. Legionnaired is also a very good comm -- first time I had him comm, it seemed like he knew what he was doing. But I must say a comm is as good as his marines.

EDIT: As many times as I've played with CWAG, I don't think I've ever seen him comm. Hearing how he's supposed to be good sure makes me think he should be back on the server more.
Yes yes, i agree with all of that.  Holy_Devil is a good comm, top one on my list.  I haven't had CWAG as a comm yet though, hes always like "i don't wanna, someone else do it" so, yeah.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 04, 2004, 11:22:39 AM
Reply #35

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
I am a fairly bad comm, only game I won was my first, and thats beacuse the team ruled and didn't really need me.(I tend to comm when no one else wants to comm, which is a lot)

Legion and Holy Devil are preaty good comms.
Seth is good

January 04, 2004, 12:13:19 PM
Reply #36

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
argh , i love and hate holy devil at the same time
-_^

January 05, 2004, 08:30:53 AM
Reply #37

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Seth is good
/me agrees

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 05, 2004, 09:38:34 AM
Reply #38

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
yes, i concur with the threadage above me :)

HD, Seth are both solid comms. i've never played under legionnaired, at least, not a whole game.

fyi, being a good comm can help you get a reserved slot :)
-Richard Feynman

January 05, 2004, 10:55:05 AM
Reply #39

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Argh, now hearing that, I feel that I need to work on better comming in order to justify my slottage. I just need better skills for yelling at people, I suppose. Whenever I jump in the chair it seems my whole team decides to rambo off. I think more shouting would fix this.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck