Author Topic: Highlights!  (Read 5424 times)

January 20, 2005, 10:46:55 PM
Reply #20

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
First one was a Hide and Seek game, bunch of regs think Grey was there. I was hiding in the sewer hive tucked back deep in a corner right above the doorway leading down. I was sittting there for like 10 minutes after we started no alien could find me. So everyones dead but me hiding there so everyone is specing me, all of a sudden you can start to hear skulks comming and going. I see a skulk walking along the pipe I was hiding on come right to me and walks on me and sits there looking around then jumps off. BEST TIME EVAR. Everyone was laughing so hard.

Another time was with Bill comming on origin. He was doing his random dropping of ips everywhere. I ask for a pack of mines and run to lava catwalk start a mine ladder under the catwalk i get about half way there so im kinda under but just to the side, then a fade pops up and sees me he trys to blink at me but sets a mine off and blinks off then another fade buddy some along with a skulk so there's 2 fades and a skulk sitting on the catwalk watching me. Suddenly the fade trys jumping on a mine and falls down into the lava the other fade blinks and swipes me knocking me off my mine and onto another one the fade cant blink back and also falls into the lava then the skulk come and gets me but sets off my mine and he get blown away by that. BEST TIME EVAR!
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

January 21, 2005, 03:51:51 PM
Reply #21

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Origin's cargo elevator has brought happiness to more people than just me it seems.
This is back in 2.01, so more than a year ago, so I don't remember the exact details. Marines had furnace, aliens had cargo (and probably vent too), and I was there, a gorge. Suddenly I hear marines approaching, so I do the only reasonable thing: Flee. I take the elevator up and try to get through vent via ore processing or whatever it's called, but a turret farm awaits me, and I'm forced to turn back. By now, marines have taken cargo and placed a PG in there, so I'm trapped. Oh well, maybe they won't come up here, as they already have furnace.
My hopes are crushed, though, as I hear a beep, and the elevator moves down. "Oh well," I think, "might as well have surprise on my side. Maybe I'll get a last kill in," so as the elevator starts moving up again, I jump. And in midair, I suddenly decide that I might as well land on the rine's head for fun. He is promptly crushed. My initial surprise is quickly replaced by insight, then glee, and I repeat the trick half a dozen times or more, to my increasing amusement.
I don't remember exactly how the story ends, but I like to think that I managed to piss the rines off pretty good. I'm even pretty sure (since nobody shot at me in midair) that it took 'em quite a while to catch on to what was happening.

January 21, 2005, 09:47:33 PM
Reply #22

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Today I commed a game and acctually won.  That's always a highlight for me :D
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 21, 2005, 11:10:49 PM
Reply #23

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
squishing a fade in a scrim on ns_hera with the elevator in cargo bay.

January 22, 2005, 07:24:07 AM
Reply #24

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hera has no elevators. Sure you don't mean ns_origin?

January 22, 2005, 07:44:27 AM
Reply #25

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
run into subspace.  They run around the hive and don't see me(the marine spectators tell me my head was sticking out of the RT).  They really just ran around the RT until finally a gorge saw me.  I killed the gorge and a fade got me.  Truly a case of really blind aliens.
[snapback]38906[/snapback]

Actually, I saw you right away - you were showing on the minimap :)  I was just trying to decide whether to build a bunch of ocs, or spit at you. :D
God, I'm old.

January 22, 2005, 10:53:00 AM
Reply #26

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
[snapback]39040[/snapback]

Except for the one in cargo bay on ns_hera. It is there, and causes squishy death. :)

My favourite highlights of NS stem back to 1.04, the comebacks from having nothing to winning, and permagorging. Those were the days.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 22, 2005, 11:58:57 PM
Reply #27

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Except for the one in cargo bay on ns_hera. It is there, and causes squishy death. :)
[snapback]39051[/snapback]
Yeah, and cargo on origin doesn't have any elevators.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 23, 2005, 02:54:58 AM
Reply #28

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
[snapback]39083[/snapback]
Yes it does, doesn't it?  theres the one up to the crane operation room and the one that leads down to the double nodes...
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 23, 2005, 06:12:51 AM
Reply #29

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Me and esuna double comming  :)

January 23, 2005, 10:35:27 AM
Reply #30

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
I'd thought it'd be neat if we just had a thread were if we had a moment in ns, that just made you feel like "daaaaamn.  that was cool." Let it be a combination of sounds, attacks or something else.

Like, for example, Yesterday I was playing on ns with Ness, (ness being key in this story) we were aliens, and sucking it up hardcore type of game for us aliens. So, some guy goes onos and starts attacking MS (1 hive 3 dcs) and they have hmgs/ha.  So, I'm gorge and minding my own business setting up dcs in double vents, I just drop one and then I hear them talking on mic "Ness: Twich, get out of there! *hmg gun fire* Their beaconing *Beacon sirond* Get out of there! *more gun shots, from many players*" And I gotta tell yeah, hearing that while that beacon sound is going off, and a bunch of guns are shooting at I don't know what, was the most awsome thing  Ive heard on mic before, EVER. (ness's mic caught his speakers sound) Then you see twich dead by hmg, and ness's mic I could still hear gunfire. I don't think Ill forget that moment. Thanks ness, you made that game worth playing :-D
[snapback]38835[/snapback]

Me and bill were playing with a bunch of aliens... against some damned good rines.
We were on the very edge of a bad bad loss, we had already seen two hives bite the dust, so i decided to fade. I ran in at their base and started to whack stuff and took down the Arms Lab i believe. Then i got this crazy idea that if everyone went fade and we all went and hit base at once we'd win the game. So i commenced to begin screaming over the microphone for everyone to spend whatever res they had on whatever lifeform. "k ill go gorge and drop the hive" NO! FADE YOU SILLY PERSON! And then as we were all hatching, (i was lerk by now i believe... or it coulda been fade again) Bill came over voice and gave an outstanding war speech. Worthy of Churchill stuff. Im sure bill remembers that better than i do... but me and arctic dragoon remember it as "that one game that LC won"

January 23, 2005, 01:43:35 PM
Reply #31

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sure, origin has an elevator. And so does hera, had it confused with nancy. >_<

January 23, 2005, 01:44:07 PM
Reply #32

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I thought it was DeGaulle who gave the speech telling the Frenchies to not give up. o_O
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 01:45:55 PM by Loke The Sleek Peruvian »
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

January 23, 2005, 02:13:05 PM
Reply #33

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]39083[/snapback]
Yes it does, doesn't it?  theres the one up to the crane operation room and the one that leads down to the double nodes...
[snapback]39088[/snapback]
Oh, it does. I was thinking of tanith. People really need to think up different names for their maps....
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 23, 2005, 05:31:11 PM
Reply #34

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Going off topic you evil people you!

Ill quote to the best of my memory the speach I gave for lc's team, that gave us all a boost of confidence.

"Men, Our Hour has come, what we do within the next couple of minuts decides the fate of the galaxy itself, If you fight Smart, and with all the force you can possibly give, I guarantee you, we will be victoreous!"

I think thats the just of it :-D that game was pretty own, LC did an awsome job for the team.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win