Author Topic: Zombie Panic!  (Read 4620 times)

October 31, 2004, 11:29:29 AM
Read 4620 times

scooter-blue

The public beta for the Zombie Panic Half-Life mod was just released last night/this morning.  

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php

I played a bit of it last night and ran into X-S-Z in one of the servers.  We and a few others holed ourselves up in some generator room with our crosshairs aimed at the door until some unwitting zombies stopped by and got to find out what buckshot tastes like  >:D

The basic premise of the game is that the humans must with limited ammo fend off a zombie onslaught.  The zombies have only a melee attack and move slowly, but they certainly have the numbers.  Each time a human is killed he becomes a zombie.  That continues until either all the humans are captured or ... uhhh ...  I'm just not sure what the human winning condition is because I haven't seen it yet :D

Okay, those are the basics.  Now, could somebody explain to me how to not get owned every single time as a human?  I cannot figure the strategy in this game out at all.  I never have enough ammo to kill anything, so the zombies just surround and kill me every round  :(

October 31, 2004, 02:36:13 PM
Reply #1

Cartman2b

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.fftclan.com
Maintain your ammo and stay together as a huge group.

October 31, 2004, 03:16:04 PM
Reply #2

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Maintain your ammo and stay together as a huge group.
[snapback]32457[/snapback]

Yep.

Always wigglewalk and strafewalk if you can, even as Zombie, makes you much faster.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

October 31, 2004, 03:19:30 PM
Reply #3

TychoCelchuuu

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.terminus-discord.com
Or hope for the bug where you spawn with M16s and Shotguns close by.

Lunixmonster looks a lot like Linuxmonster. Really.

October 31, 2004, 03:55:06 PM
Reply #4

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Anyone know an LM-like server which is running ZP? I don't want to have a long and fruitless search if someone already knows a good one.

Thanks in advance!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

October 31, 2004, 07:11:52 PM
Reply #5

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Anyone know an LM-like server which is running ZP? I don't want to have a long and fruitless search if someone already knows a good one.

Thanks in advance!
[snapback]32461[/snapback]
Well, people really just go to the server that has the most people with a resonable lag. The Midpointgaming.com servers are pretty good. Then there's Twilight's and KFDM had one up earlier today.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

November 01, 2004, 08:20:30 AM
Reply #6

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Always wigglewalk and strafewalk if you can, even as Zombie, makes you much faster.

I heard some people mention wigglewalking in a server but didn't understand it how they tried to explain it  o_O  How do you do that?  

And strafewalking is strafing against a wall right?
[snapback]32463[/snapback]

Yep, strafewalking is strafing against a wall.
Wigglewalking is when you press left and right fast, very fast, when you're running.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

November 01, 2004, 09:49:54 AM
Reply #7

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I've had nothing but fun with ZP. And I hate to say it, but I usually end up laughing to the point of tears rather than feeling the dread of semi-creeping death bearing down on me.

The best things I (and im sure many of you) have seen are by far some truly amazing (and brutal) last stands. Some with one guy with a shotgun standing on a pile of crates surrounded by 15 or so zombies, others with a group holed up in a room (like scooter mentioned) with the zombies amassing outside waiting to pour in. I love it, and cant wait for future versions.  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 09:52:55 AM by X-S-Z »

November 01, 2004, 10:16:12 AM
Reply #8

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
hmm, I really need to check out zombie panic

I will do that next time I'm on a steamed comp
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

November 01, 2004, 11:09:15 AM
Reply #9

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
this is wicked fun.

oh sweet i found a shotgun
yeah die you whores haha this isn't so hard.
uhhh how long do i have to survive.
hey where did fred go he said he was running for ammo real quick.
only 2 shots left and 5 zombies have me cornered!
AHHHHHHHHHH

November 01, 2004, 11:17:30 AM
Reply #10

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'll have to try those servers then. Prefer to play with people I know so we can have a laugh, as opposed to complete and utter strangers yelling NOOB and TARD at each other.

November 01, 2004, 11:37:02 AM
Reply #11

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Very fun <3

Need to see more LM people around there though.  Never seen survivors win, they usually split up.

November 01, 2004, 11:40:39 AM
Reply #12

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
got a bit too repetative after awhile, need to play wth LMers :o

November 01, 2004, 11:56:51 AM
Reply #13

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
omg make LunixMonster into a ZumbieMonster!!

November 01, 2004, 02:42:53 PM
Reply #14

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
This looks like fun!  I'm downloading now.  Of course I agree with the rest that we should try and gather the LM folks together in one server.
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

November 02, 2004, 03:04:03 PM
Reply #15

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
See, everyone knows I'm right. Lets have some lunixzomber.

November 02, 2004, 04:15:23 PM
Reply #16

Forsaken

• Lerker

• View Profile
Sounds interesting, I will have to try this when I get home.  Are there different modes of play?

November 02, 2004, 04:45:18 PM
Reply #17

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
This is going to be some fun i think... from what ive played of it this far its freaking hilarious.

November 02, 2004, 06:27:09 PM
Reply #18

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sounds interesting, I will have to try this when I get home.  Are there different modes of play?
[snapback]32636[/snapback]
In future releases there will be alternate modes of play. As of now it is just last man standing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 06:28:22 PM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

November 02, 2004, 08:43:47 PM
Reply #19

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
this is pretty good fun. alot of times marin-i mean... survivors get slaughtered by the rush of zombies, but the times the survivors win are always a fun thing to watch.

I liked making references to NS while playing, and having others join in as well.

*round starts*
"comm drop me a shotgun!"
"man, eject the comm!"
"watch the vents for skulks..."
"commander, I need ammo"
"my shrink says i need an outlet for my agression"
"OMG ONOS! F4 F4!"

When i played it yesterday i found that singing a song over voicecomm with the entire zombie team while rushing the survivors makes things so much fun and great for laughs. I got the zombies all singing  Bohemian Rhapsody while we rushed some survivors camped in a room. Indeed, the fun in this games comes more from the people you play with rather than the gameplay itself.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?