Author Topic: Starcraft  (Read 8462 times)

February 29, 2004, 05:37:26 PM
Reply #40

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
we do, lunix :p on east

February 29, 2004, 08:23:24 PM
Reply #41

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile

February 29, 2004, 09:21:58 PM
Reply #42

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
yarrrr most of the time now theres a reg or 2 playin on bnet us east

heres a list of some players and their nicks that ive played with so far :D

ill arrange it like this
- player name in game - player name on lm

- rat12321 - aka [JFF]Kirby
- Leaderz0rz - heh , well hes Leaderz0rz :p
- GimmieStims - JHunz
- Isamil - once again , Isamil heh
- Dia_blus - Diablus
- devicenull - devicenull XD
- necravolvr - Grimm
- Legionnaired - Legionnaried
- ShootBang - ShootBang
- OttoDestruct - OttoDestruct
- Malevolent - Malevolent
- -[HoLy]- - Holy_Devil
- baconflaps - Bacon_flaps

and thats all whom ive played with so far :p

hehe aaaanddd hasnt played yet but maybe sooooon..

- WLP_Jefe - Jefe !!! or [ncr]jefe or whatever .. u get what im sayin
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 09:58:02 PM by Anarki3x6 »
-_^

February 29, 2004, 09:50:30 PM
Reply #43

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
For future reference my name on bnet is WLP_Jefe.

Simple enough, right?

Note: I would have played by now but my mom took away my computer.

For no reason at all.

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

February 29, 2004, 10:23:51 PM
Reply #44

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Anyone here a fan of RPG maps?  Isamil and I were playing Forgotten Caves of Lythia by our twosies after Diablus and Otto quit, and we were wondering if anyone else wanted to play with us next time we tried to tackle it.
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

March 01, 2004, 01:50:57 AM
Reply #45

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Starcraft does have strategy, every unit has a counter and that unit has a counter and so on. Mass attacks don't always work cause there's always a way to counter something in starcraft.
That's not strategy, not at all, that's just game balance. There's actually not that much strategy in starcraft, not as much as there could be at least. Arbiters requires strategy. Bunkers full of marines shooting zerglings isn't strategy. It's hard to explain, so I'll say it how I do best: if you think simple balance is stragety, you're stupid.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 01:53:04 AM by Uranium - 235 »

March 01, 2004, 03:23:20 AM
Reply #46

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
But those 20 archers all use up food supply, which is already much lower in WC3 than in Starcraft, and you have to pay the upkeep cost. And aside from the fact that Heros aren't meant to be their own armies, they're used in conjunction with your army to get a bit of an edge.
So what you're saying is that sophisticated, advanced units don't matter. All that matters is mass. Couldn't agree more. The good ol' "kekeke zerg rush ^____________^" is alive and well. He who wins is he who has the bigger army in shorter time. That may be strategy, but not tactics. And frankly, tactics are more fun. Gimme Myth any day.

Take my semi-bro: Unbeatable in Starcraft, which is why I rarely played against him. He didn't go for early rushes, but climbed the tech tree as fast as he could, then set up unbeatable unit combos. Until I did a kekeke zerg rush ^________________^ on him. He had no chance at all. Give me Myth with its fixed amount of units, the lack of a base and the comfortably paced, extra-tactical gameplay any day. If I want to play "economy management", I'll take Sim City instead.

Gotta run, it's full of Daewoos outside.

March 01, 2004, 03:40:59 AM
Reply #47

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

Is... is this a common problem in Europe? "It's slightly cloudy with a chance of Hyundai. Sweeping from the south we have a Daewoo front, with intense storms of Fords..."

March 01, 2004, 04:09:18 AM
Reply #48

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
Anark, the nice thing of the name "Isamil", is its universal.  If you find someone named Isamil in some game somewhere, chances are its me.

March 01, 2004, 05:47:47 AM
Reply #49

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

Is... is this a common problem in Europe? "It's slightly cloudy with a chance of Hyundai. Sweeping from the south we have a Daewoo front, with intense storms of Fords..."
Nah, just turned out to be the korean mafia. Seems they didn't agree with my sentiments on Starcraft. Nothing bad, had a little chat, exchanged opinions, all in good spirit. The doctor says he can put my kneecaps back on, provided I can find them.

Anark, the nice thing of the name "Isamil", is its universal.  If you find someone named Isamil in some game somewhere, chances are its me.
The chance of someone called "lolfighter" being me is pretty high, too. One of the advantages of this nick is that it's so ridiculous, people can't make themselves plagiarize it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 05:49:57 AM by lolfighter »

March 01, 2004, 09:19:51 AM
Reply #50

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
ah.. i found my broodwar cd.. but not the SC one :S however, having a jolly time with NWN.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 01, 2004, 02:42:53 PM
Reply #51

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
But those 20 archers all use up food supply, which is already much lower in WC3 than in Starcraft, and you have to pay the upkeep cost. And aside from the fact that Heros aren't meant to be their own armies, they're used in conjunction with your army to get a bit of an edge.
So what you're saying is that sophisticated, advanced units don't matter. All that matters is mass. Couldn't agree more. The good ol' "kekeke zerg rush ^____________^" is alive and well. He who wins is he who has the bigger army in shorter time. That may be strategy, but not tactics. And frankly, tactics are more fun. Gimme Myth any day.

Take my semi-bro: Unbeatable in Starcraft, which is why I rarely played against him. He didn't go for early rushes, but climbed the tech tree as fast as he could, then set up unbeatable unit combos. Until I did a kekeke zerg rush ^________________^ on him. He had no chance at all. Give me Myth with its fixed amount of units, the lack of a base and the comfortably paced, extra-tactical gameplay any day. If I want to play "economy management", I'll take Sim City instead.

YUS!

Mech Commander, and the Total War series did this too. Tactical control of units wins the game, and the smarter man prevails. Death to the tank rush.

March 01, 2004, 07:06:10 PM
Reply #52

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
picked up my broodwar cd yesterday... got all the patches installed and everything!

we should keep an updated list of the regs who play...

i'm BlaqWolf on east

and the channel is just 'lunix'? or is it 'lunixmonster?' i'll be available to play on saterdays mostly altho i'll be on sometimes during the week. gosh... i might actually have to get on IRC to get together with you guys....  :D

my skills are very rusty, as ive just lost to about 2 computers (pathetic), so i wanna get playin again
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

March 01, 2004, 07:59:22 PM
Reply #53

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Lunix.. we are lazy people, no reason to type more the necessary

March 01, 2004, 09:07:50 PM
Reply #54

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved