Author Topic: THE april fools prank.  (Read 11011 times)

March 01, 2005, 05:48:43 PM
Reply #20

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Agreed with the above, tbh, we should start instigating that HD hacks soon, probably around the 2nd/3rd week of March.
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 01, 2005, 05:56:45 PM
Reply #21

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Agreed with the above, tbh, we should start instigating that HD hacks soon, probably around the 2nd/3rd week of March.
[snapback]42049[/snapback]
hehehe a few weeks ago I was speccing and someone said HD HAAAAX, and I said 'Yeah, I'm watching him' (very seriously).  HD quickly admin_chatted NOOOO It's toooo early.  But I think I was doing my part to set the stage.  :p

nice touch btw saying you don't like the hacking accusations.  Whether you meant it or not  ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 05:57:25 PM by GrayDuck »

March 01, 2005, 07:29:42 PM
Reply #22

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
[snapback]42049[/snapback]
hehehe a few weeks ago I was speccing and someone said HD HAAAAX, and I said 'Yeah, I'm watching him' (very seriously).  HD quickly admin_chatted NOOOO It's toooo early.  But I think I was doing my part to set the stage.  :p

nice touch btw saying you don't like the hacking accusations.  Whether you meant it or not  ;)
[snapback]42050[/snapback]

was part of the plan all along, i've always said it kinda bothers me, but i decided it could play a part in the whole scheme so i went along with the thread =]

perhaps we could do a config thread where i accidently put a cvar thats a cheat one? like in my userconfig i have hdgl_aimbot 1 or something. then after someone notices it(probably think its a joke) i'll remove it and be like LOL BAD JOKE ^_^

March 20, 2005, 12:40:17 PM
Reply #23

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
okay so we're closing in upon the 30th. obviously i'm the one being banned, so i'll leave it up to you guys to decide to cover it up or decide what you want to do :p

but what we have planned thusfar is that on the 30th when a bunch of people are on, vinnie will join the server, spec me for a round or so perhaps, then proceed to be like LOL HAXU!?? THANK YOU COME AGAIN *BAN*  

then i'll get banned from #lunixmonster (cuz i'll be bitching like wtf vin and stuff, and say i was banned from admin chan too, but leave me there ^_^) and proceed to post upon the pr forum, get banned shortly thereafter from forums.

sounds good to me, vinnie probably can't wait =p jhunz has dibs on the channel/forum ban i believe. the 31st will be quite the strange day, everyone will be confoosed :X

any suggestions, etc? built this up about as good as i can, been trying to pull some bs stuff off lately as well. staring into walls and moving randomly sometimes as well =p of course its pure chance, i have no idea if im staring at nothing or not >_<

March 20, 2005, 02:27:33 PM
Reply #24

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Demo...we need to really make the public think you hack :D We can try to make a private game and stage some of this but whateva
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

March 20, 2005, 04:15:27 PM
Reply #25

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
What we need, is to give it as serious an air as possible, so I'd probably have a bunch of admins join while HD is playing, all go spec, and then have one make some sort of serious sounding denouncement, giving you time for one statement, before being banned.

The rest of the plan sounds good after that. If you REALLY want to make it look complex though, have some other admins banned as well, on grounds of knowing (and aiding? perhaps) about HD.

The idea of a demo is excellent. Pulling it off, won't be as simple, but if we can get one, all the better.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 04:16:26 PM by Zero7 »
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 20, 2005, 05:00:23 PM
Reply #26

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
i love the other admins in on it idea =p anyone wish to volunteer for that? preferably someone around as long as i have been. maybe device, since he's most likely to assist me in coding a hook? the rest will go as stated above. also, what time exactly do you think we should do the ban? i'll go in a bit earlier obviously, then the other admins can kinda join slowly and vin joins then a minute or so later bans me :o then you all just leave without a word said.

as for a demo, i doubt that will work out very well. personally, i have no idea where to get a ns hook(i know cs stuff but not ns at all  :p )

March 20, 2005, 06:12:10 PM
Reply #27

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I can join in if needed. I can like try to defend HD because I refuse to believe he hacks then some one can convince me enough to change my mind :D
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

March 20, 2005, 06:52:43 PM
Reply #28

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I can't keep a straight face in the name of pranks.  

I can be the person in IRC / Forums going wtf m8.

March 20, 2005, 07:53:41 PM
Reply #29

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
If needed, I'll volunteer for being banned as an aide to HD.
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 20, 2005, 08:11:32 PM
Reply #30

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'll be banned. It'll make me take a break from NS. :)
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

March 21, 2005, 12:55:59 AM
Reply #31

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Ban me! Er...nm...
To the stars!

insert witty line here

March 21, 2005, 10:24:49 AM
Reply #32

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
While that'd be funny. I don't think anyone would believe it. You could however say you were shutting the server down and leaving the NS community. But you could save that for next April.

March 26, 2005, 09:23:34 AM
Reply #33

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
While that'd be funny. I don't think anyone would believe it. You could however say you were shutting the server down and leaving the NS community. But you could save that for next April.
[snapback]44081[/snapback]
Didn't he do that last year?

I reveal penis I know psychology.

March 26, 2005, 09:46:34 AM
Reply #34

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
IIRC, last year's prank was saying LM became a CS server.
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 26, 2005, 10:12:03 AM
Reply #35

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
how about instead of saying you guys specced me (which you HAVENT YOU LOSERS) we say i submitted a demo for a cheater in the admin ftp, and someone viewed it with demofreak, and saw a cheating cvar. proceed as planned from there :?

March 26, 2005, 10:29:11 AM
Reply #36

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Before this whole scheme fails and the swearing begins, I'll cover my ass: I'm too busy for this stuff. I have a werewolf game to organize. So there.

March 26, 2005, 08:22:35 PM
Reply #37

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'll start speccing you HD. :D

March 27, 2005, 03:35:40 PM
Reply #38

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
Ill start posting in the defence of HD saying that blah blah hes all the skills so that it dosent seem all the admins are fighting agenst him. Ill start yelling and maby flaming and being an asshat then you guys can ban me from the forums for being an asshat.
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

March 29, 2005, 12:34:21 PM
Reply #39

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
getting down to the wire... whats the master plan?