Author Topic: What Is The Lunix Monster?  (Read 6452 times)

April 14, 2004, 12:08:29 PM
Reply #20

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I think the name is originally from a MonsieurEvil quote.  Unless the server existed before that quote.  I don't remember.
nono, Fam quote in reference to MonsE.  I think it went something like:
<Fam> I can easily see MonsE crawling under cat 5 cables to throw a frag grenade at the linux admin while screaming "Suck this lunixmonster!"

By all means, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
that is correct sir

before it was the lunixmonster, the box was nano

and it's linux admin down the hall

[edit]
lito, I did the exact same thing with the IRC channel
[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 12:21:20 PM by That Annoying Kid »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

April 14, 2004, 12:49:35 PM
Reply #21

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
Uranium: Your total lack of normal human levels of tact never fails to amuse. Thank you! Now go back and reread the post:

'lunix' as a humorous term

AS A HUMOROUS TERM. I've heard of the little unix operating system too. I'm talking about using it as a silly replacement for 'linux'. Also, next time consider responding with a little less vitriol. It's bound to become tiring eventually.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

April 14, 2004, 01:01:50 PM
Reply #22

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

April 14, 2004, 01:08:22 PM
Reply #23

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
a giant momnster that creeps out of closets and kidnaps children during the night.....no wait, thats lolfighter.. hmm i guess its just making fun of linux then

April 15, 2004, 05:10:27 AM
Reply #24

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think it was Fam who called someone a Lunixmonster (probably joev) once.

April 15, 2004, 10:04:17 AM
Reply #25

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I think it was Fam who called someone a Lunixmonster (probably joev) once.
First page, nubcaek.  :rolleyes:

:p

April 15, 2004, 02:02:22 PM
Reply #26

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Uranium: Your total lack of normal human levels of tact never fails to amuse. Thank you! Now go back and reread the post:

'lunix' as a humorous term

AS A HUMOROUS TERM. I've heard of the little unix operating system too. I'm talking about using it as a silly replacement for 'linux'. Also, next time consider responding with a little less vitriol. It's bound to become tiring eventually.
SomethingAwful usually tries to make things 'Humerous' by simply misspelling the words (And usually fail at it). I highly doubt that they knew about LUnix if they wrote it up, hence why I was saying it was wrong, and more a coincidence then anything.

Plus, when I have the right answer with proof, and people still say 'olo omg ur wrong', it tends to piss me off.

April 15, 2004, 03:10:40 PM
Reply #27

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Found the quote I was thinking of

<[NSGuide]Mouse> for some reason I find it hard to picture a recently showered Monse <[NSGuide]Mouse> recently as in less than a week ago <[NSGuide]Mouse> but I can picture him crawling under 10 metres of network cabling just to throw a frag grenade at the linux admin down the hall <Fam> oh yes! <Fam> suck this lunixmonster!
I was close!

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.