Author Topic: Lm Community Made Map  (Read 89133 times)

June 26, 2004, 01:57:56 PM
Reply #180

Decimator

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Ok, since I have found myself without a whole lot of time, I'll just post what I have done.  Sadly, it isn't much, but it's at least something to work with.

Arg, what's your gmail Dubb or Bob?  I can't attach .rar files....
Alert code one.  The temperature is twenty degrees below zero.

June 26, 2004, 02:12:24 PM
Reply #181

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
dubbilex (at) gmail.com

bob's is also a no-brainer  :p

June 26, 2004, 04:16:13 PM
Reply #182

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Woo, make the map! How's it coming along?
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 26, 2004, 04:27:43 PM
Reply #183

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Woo, make the map! How's it coming along?
I've done a few rooms and have passed it to Bob, for the time being.

He's busy and stuff, so it might be a little while until we get anything new.  But for now, you can download the .BSP on the page before this one and have a look around.

June 30, 2004, 01:02:53 PM
Reply #184

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yes, I've got the rmf and intend to do some work on it. I'm taking a wee pissed-off-at-hammer break at the moment. I started some preliminary work on it the other day, nothing big. Widened a messed up staircase, clipped some holes in walls, added a blank hallway, etc. Saved it off to go do something. Saved it twice. Should have known something was amiss when I exited hammer and it said 'this is not saved! do you want to save it?' ... to which I of course clicked YES again... Well, I came back to it and of course not a single change had been saved. In this case it was all of ten minutes worth of work, no big deal. But it still rattled my cage, so I haven't come back to it in a few days. BLAH on hammer, says I. And I'll get some work done on this soon...

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

July 01, 2004, 02:17:52 PM
Reply #185

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yes, I've got the rmf and intend to do some work on it. I'm taking a wee pissed-off-at-hammer break at the moment. I started some preliminary work on it the other day, nothing big. Widened a messed up staircase, clipped some holes in walls, added a blank hallway, etc. Saved it off to go do something. Saved it twice. Should have known something was amiss when I exited hammer and it said 'this is not saved! do you want to save it?' ... to which I of course clicked YES again... Well, I came back to it and of course not a single change had been saved. In this case it was all of ten minutes worth of work, no big deal. But it still rattled my cage, so I haven't come back to it in a few days. BLAH on hammer, says I. And I'll get some work done on this soon...
Good, Good.  I trust you received the correct version of Deci's hive?

I've been going through it and retexturing it and detailing it.  But I've never done a hive before, so it might not turn out too hot.

However, I figure if I can get this finished it'll just be gravy by the time we get there - we'll just be able to bolt it on and continue.

July 08, 2004, 12:49:16 PM
Reply #186

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to let the map have it's own subforum, with like a thread for each room, and a thread for layout, and a thread for ideas, and a stickied changelog, plus you could make the attachment size bigger in that subforum so the map could be 'hosted' by LB, after all it is a community map, so that could what LB puts to the effort :p <3 =3
^^

anyone?
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 08, 2004, 09:27:25 PM
Reply #187

johnjacobjingle

• Gorge

• View Profile
/me cries about his lack of any kind of mapping knowledge

it sounds like an excellent idea, wish i knew how to do something in order to contribute, but i'm pretty noob :-(

aka "mary"  thanks to Mr. Bill.
aka "let me stab your face"  if i'm feeling like starting a knife brigade or 3
"Drop Bill at JHunz. Build Bill, research relocation upgrade. WIN!" -necrosis...wow

July 09, 2004, 12:09:29 AM
Reply #188

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I've gotten a little caught up in making a map for zombie panic at the moment, so this is on temporary slowdown. But fear not! The ZP map will be a much quicker and easier job than an NS map could ever hope to be. So I should be back to this in short time and have more newsworthy updates for the curious.

July 09, 2004, 04:31:26 PM
Reply #189

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I've gotten a little caught up in making a map for zombie panic at the moment, so this is on temporary slowdown. But fear not! The ZP map will be a much quicker and easier job than an NS map could ever hope to be. So I should be back to this in short time and have more newsworthy updates for the curious.
*shakes fist*

I'm also computerless for the time being, so it'll be a day or two before I can even think about, like, doing stuff.

July 26, 2004, 10:38:00 PM
Reply #190

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
I set up my computer for mapping using that thread, and made a box.  And textured the box.  And tried(and failed) to let you join a team and spawn!(Yeah..how do you do that?)

So um, if I can learn to propely map, I guess I could help.

July 26, 2004, 11:32:01 PM
Reply #191

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
http://www.natural-selection.org/forums/in...showtopic=50171

Basic setup for hammer for mapping for NS.

http://cariad.co.za/twhl/

Basic mapping tutorials. Mainly for basic HLDM sort of mapping, but applicable to almost everything. An NS map is just an HL map with more intricate brushwork, fancier textures, and a few nicer entities.

Feel free to bug us with questions, I'm sure we don't mind.  :D

September 19, 2004, 11:10:38 PM
Reply #192

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
ZOMG BUMP!

I wish I had something nifty to show off, but nothing yet. Deci sent me some work he's been doing on the westside hive, and it's looking quite nice geometry wise. Still needs a lot of texture and lighting work, but that's the FUN part, he's got a lot of the fiddling with brushes out of the way stuff. Hooray!

That prompted me to actually dust off hammer and start on my side some more. Nothing too terribly exciting to report yet, I did decide to add some fun infestation around a door, which meant I had to learn how to do infestation. That was fun. We'll find out how well it works when I have something worth compiling.

So this is your basic bump to let you know that rusted wheels are starting to scrape into life again, and there should hopefully be more news soon.

September 20, 2004, 02:37:32 AM
Reply #193

Bijiy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I demand a final layout :(. Who all are building the hives? I could take a crack at building one if one is open.

September 20, 2004, 04:07:11 AM
Reply #194

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yay, it's aliiiiiiiive!
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

September 20, 2004, 11:56:05 AM
Reply #195

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Bijiy: The western hive is all Decimator's baby. The central hive I'd kind of like to take over, as the hive and the area around it have a somewhat complex design that I'm not sure I can describe very well. The eastern hive is still open as far as I know. I am building in that direction, but I can actually just cut off towards the west from where I am and start working towards the central hive. We may get into a mess when we have to stick it all together, though, so we'll need to be careful about that.

And there was a final layout sort of thing posted a page or so back, one that actually showed the elevation differences and so on.

September 20, 2004, 12:32:29 PM
Reply #196

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
wooo!

Well I'm in again.  Just pass that baby on whenever you're finished with it :)

September 20, 2004, 02:04:29 PM
Reply #197

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
wooo!

Well I'm in again.  Just pass that baby on whenever you're finished with it :)
Well, if you want to start on some sort of marine start, that might be good. Just give it an exit on the sides that it needs and it should attach to what we have pretty well. We might run into the worlds worst puzzle when we try and piece this all together, but I think it should be workable, we may just need to stretch and compress some corridors to fit. I'm going to have the corridor going off to the wide vent room with the catwalk crossover and then head towards the central area, if bijiy is really interested I'll let him take over on the opposite sides of that for the eastern hive.

September 20, 2004, 05:10:07 PM
Reply #198

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
I can map. I've been fidling with different concepts and ideas of mapping (exploring the limits of Hammer and what the various entities can do).  I love creating particle systems. But I lack the artistic and strategic touch to put together a decent map :(

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

September 20, 2004, 05:55:05 PM
Reply #199

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
wooo!

Well I'm in again.  Just pass that baby on whenever you're finished with it :)
Well, if you want to start on some sort of marine start, that might be good. Just give it an exit on the sides that it needs and it should attach to what we have pretty well. We might run into the worlds worst puzzle when we try and piece this all together, but I think it should be workable, we may just need to stretch and compress some corridors to fit. I'm going to have the corridor going off to the wide vent room with the catwalk crossover and then head towards the central area, if bijiy is really interested I'll let him take over on the opposite sides of that for the eastern hive.
[snapback]29291[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan.  I'll work on finding some inspirado.