Author Topic: New Mouse  (Read 7893 times)

January 16, 2005, 12:30:59 AM
Read 7893 times

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
So I got the logitech MX500 for CHEAP at futureshop today (15 bucks until the 20th if you are near one, can't go wrong! :) ) . And hot DIGGITY, you can really tell the difference ! That and a snazzy mouse pad i've had for a while. It's actually.. hard to explain, it's a textured hardtop surface, really makes the mouse glide over the surface.

In short, I have no excuse for my crappy aim anymore, which sucks, but the mouse is more responsive, which is rad!

"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 16, 2005, 12:48:26 AM
Reply #1

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
So I got the logitech MX500 for CHEAP at futureshop today (15 bucks until the 20th if you are near one, can't go wrong! :) ) . And hot DIGGITY, you can really tell the difference ! That and a snazzy mouse pad i've had for a while. It's actually.. hard to explain, it's a textured hardtop surface, really makes the mouse glide over the surface.

In short, I have no excuse for my crappy aim anymore, which sucks, but the mouse is more responsive, which is rad!
[snapback]38648[/snapback]

W00t this means better accuracy when it comes to dropping medpacks!
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

January 16, 2005, 03:01:01 AM
Reply #2

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
niteowl, you didn't EAT the old one did you ?

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

January 16, 2005, 03:10:24 AM
Reply #3

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
o_O nice a mx500 for 15 bucks, i got a mx310 a bit ago for 30 bucks :/ it still rocks tho, new mice are always great :)
-_^

January 16, 2005, 07:12:06 AM
Reply #4

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Excellent choice, I use an mx510 and it's one of the nicest and most comfortable mice I've ever had. You'll love it. That's an interesting mousepad too, but im not going to give up my TSA mousepad anytime soon. :p

January 16, 2005, 07:20:01 AM
Reply #5

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
I used to use a mousepad that looked exactly like that..
I got sick if it, it took to much force to get the mouse to move.  I don't use a mousepad anymore, just my desk.
Blue MX510 by the way.

January 16, 2005, 08:37:53 AM
Reply #6

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Since we're talking mouses, I've a noob question. Whats mouse accel, and does it help gaming?
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

January 16, 2005, 08:50:11 AM
Reply #7

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
From what I've heard, mouse acceleration means the quicker you move your mouse, the greater the distance it will move. Moving it slowly for 10 cm would be the same as moving it quickly over 5 cm, or something like that. I don't have it on, and I'm doing good :) I think this is only a good option for desktops with limited space.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 16, 2005, 09:33:38 AM
Reply #8

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
psh I still have my SONY VAIO stock mouse which is 4 years old... and it works like a charm, what a beauty!

/me pats my mouse ^_^

January 16, 2005, 10:07:22 AM
Reply #9

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I never understood all this hullabaloo about fancy mice and mousepads and even those little super-slidey things to stick on the mouse.
I just use plain ol' 5-button optical from mircosoft, and I just use it on my desk, no pad, and I've not had trouble with it.

January 16, 2005, 10:20:13 AM
Reply #10

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
What's the difference between a MX510 and a MX500?
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 16, 2005, 12:39:32 PM
Reply #11

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
Well the MX510 comes in red and blue and I think its more precise.

January 16, 2005, 01:10:43 PM
Reply #12

TheMunch8

• Skulk

• View Profile
Most gamers HATE mouse acceleration.  The point is because it is counter intuative for where to aim.  You know how much distance you have to move to turn a certain amount, but with mouse acceleration, if you move that distance faster, it will turn MORE.  So your aim could be that much more off. It works really well in desktop settings, but in gaming, has no place

January 16, 2005, 01:15:19 PM
Reply #13

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
mouse acceleration is god awful, cuz the pointer still moves even after you stop moving the mouse.. at least thats what it feels like to me :/
-_^

January 16, 2005, 01:20:38 PM
Reply #14

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I never understood all this hullabaloo about fancy mice and mousepads and even those little super-slidey things to stick on the mouse.
I just use plain ol' 5-button optical from mircosoft, and I just use it on my desk, no pad, and I've not had trouble with it.
[snapback]38670[/snapback]
Yeah, that's what i always thought, i had an old logitech laser mouse, and thought there wasn't enough diff for me to actually notice, but there is.

[snapback]38673[/snapback]
MX510
800-dpi sensor
5.8 megapixels
track up to 15 G's of acceleration

MX500
800 dpi
4.7 megapixels
10 G acceleration
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 16, 2005, 09:42:40 PM
Reply #15

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
[snapback]38648[/snapback]

Why'd you have to go and set off my highlight...
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

January 17, 2005, 12:09:53 PM
Reply #16

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sorry rad; man, that's a rad highlight.
-Richard Feynman

January 17, 2005, 04:44:34 PM
Reply #17

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Most gamers HATE mouse acceleration.  The point is because it is counter intuative for where to aim.  You know how much distance you have to move to turn a certain amount, but with mouse acceleration, if you move that distance faster, it will turn MORE.  So your aim could be that much more off. It works really well in desktop settings, but in gaming, has no place
[snapback]38678[/snapback]
hence why my mouse drives turn off accell when I go into a game >:D
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 17, 2005, 08:40:42 PM
Reply #18

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]38673[/snapback]
MX510
800-dpi sensor
5.8 megapixels
track up to 15 G's of acceleration

MX500
800 dpi
4.7 megapixels
10 G acceleration
[snapback]38680[/snapback]
Ah, I see.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 18, 2005, 06:54:11 AM
Reply #19

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
G? As in gravity? Who'd need 10G? You go unconscious at six or so unless you're in pretty good shape.