Author Topic: Languages  (Read 7877 times)

March 22, 2005, 01:22:06 PM
Reply #40

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
OH YOU WANNA START SOMETHING MEMORY MANAGEMENT BOY EH!?!? EH!??!?!
[snapback]44191[/snapback]
Well, considering at my current job I'm doing about 98% .NET and 2% Perl, I wouldn't really have room to say anything, now would I?  ^_^
[snapback]44205[/snapback]

Derailment FTW!! I hear the Visual Studio .Net thingamahoochie is pure hotness. You liking the C#? What are you doing with it? I thought you were coding printer drivers?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 01:24:33 PM by Niteowl »
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 22, 2005, 04:28:28 PM
Reply #41

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Derailment FTW!! I hear the Visual Studio .Net thingamahoochie is pure hotness. You liking the C#? What are you doing with it? I thought you were coding printer drivers?
[snapback]44210[/snapback]
I'd reply in PM but the super admin started the derailment in the first place.  ^_^

Naw, I don't code drivers, I work on tools and apps.  Visual Studio .net is nothing short of pure, pure hotness.  It's ridiculous how fast I can get stuff done.  It shines most when you want, say, a quick webpage for a survey that stores the results in a SQL Server database and has another webpage which charts and graphs the results.  I did something like that in just under three days.  For larger projects that have a more complex architecture or websites where you're authoring your own custom controls, it's still useful - a very well designed IDE that helps scale well.  But throwing something together quickly becomes extremely easy.

The autocompletion actually makes VB's syntax bearable.  ;)  Plus anything you can do in one language you can do in another, which is useful.  I switch back and forth between VB.net and C# constantly because there's a good deal of older code to support written in VB.net.

C# is great.  As far as I'm concerned it's Java.  :)
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]