Author Topic: What In Tarnation Are You Lissen' To!?!?  (Read 2481 times)

June 24, 2004, 01:54:35 PM
Read 2481 times

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i'm trying to get my brotehr to listen to more contemporary rock (i think he's still stuck in the Van Halen days), but tbh, i have no idea what sorta rock bands are to his liking.

sooo, i ask you young'uns, to help me by listing bands that have an 80's hair band type sound to them.  for example, on that i can think of is

The Darkness.

any others? (think Cult, Led, CCR, Van Halen, Queen).
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

June 24, 2004, 02:03:15 PM
Reply #1

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Today...there ain't many.  T'is a bygone era, one that died.

But uhh, other than the darkness one other than I can think of is Velvet Revolver (made up os Slash n' co. from Guns n' roses plus Scott Wyland - the singer for the Stone Temple Pilots).

Other notables include Audioslave (think ex Rage Against the Machine members + Chris Cornell of Soundgarden fame) and uhh...Yngwie Malmsteen (guitar GOD.  period)

June 24, 2004, 02:30:40 PM
Reply #2

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Stage

(dont just listen to the first song thats played, theres 12 of em. thats song #11 for sum reason)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 02:31:46 PM by Diablus »

June 24, 2004, 03:04:06 PM
Reply #3

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, Velvet Revolver are okay. The only song I heard of theirs is Slither. I also think Coheed and Cambria are pretty good. The guy has a high-pitched voice, but you get used to it. And supposedly, their songs all go together to tell a story of some sort. :huh:
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 24, 2004, 03:11:55 PM
Reply #4

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Stage

(dont just listen to the first song thats played, theres 12 of em. thats song #11 for sum reason)
What is their album called ? I can't find it anywhere on their site.

June 24, 2004, 03:50:30 PM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Queen is winnar, and is all you should need

kekekekekekkeke

^_________________^ Freddy Mercury rush
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

June 24, 2004, 05:06:53 PM
Reply #6

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Just Stage.

Though its a official site im pretty sure they dont update it much. There kinda local out here in NY. Check the stores im sure u can find it. Or just look on ebay or whatever they call the internet buying things now.

Excellent CD even though its their first. Id reccomend it to anyone except people who like Rap and Country :lol:

June 24, 2004, 08:10:47 PM
Reply #7

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
Today...there ain't many.  T'is a bygone era, one that died.
lies! it wil never die as long as we keep it in our hearts and listen to 80's music every day! (like me)

80's for president, prime minister and pope.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

June 24, 2004, 08:14:23 PM
Reply #8

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
The f.ucking champs (no period, I just did that so you'd know the name)

Effing sick.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

June 24, 2004, 08:18:05 PM
Reply #9

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
iam more of a rock such as cky and system of a down.  But they scream such nonsense some times it hurts my head thats when i turn to good ol 80's.  i wish they still made MUSIC like that more often.  i love 80's becuase you can enjoy every thing in the song what i mean by that is there isnt much going on just a few good singers and musicians.  Lol u might find me wierd to listin to rock and love 80's at the same time.  Lol the game that made me love it so much was GTA vice city driving along to some sweet 80's music.  sorry niteowl i dont really know what or listin to contemarary rock so i cant help u there sorry.

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????

June 24, 2004, 08:21:57 PM
Reply #10

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Uhhh, pardon me but hair metal was the absolute biggest no-talent industry of the twentieth century  :lol:   Even Dee Snyder would own up to that.

June 24, 2004, 08:22:51 PM
Reply #11

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Peer Günt.

Really, he rocks.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

June 24, 2004, 09:54:19 PM
Reply #12

GWAR

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I listen to metal...  

Metallica, Black Sabbath, Hatebreed, Korn, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Godsmack, Disturbed and Finger Eleven...

Great stuff!  B)