Poll

Do you want fun maps?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Diablus Request For Fun Map Poll!  (Read 2647 times)

July 13, 2004, 08:05:46 PM
Read 2647 times

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 13, 2004, 08:18:36 PM
Reply #1

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Now before Jhunz / LB locks this thread id like to say :

PD has been empty QUITE often, if people play its usually 2-5 people, and they usually leave within 10-30 minutes. I sometimes create a lan and play with some fellow LMers on maps considered "fun" ones that arent serious.

I requested this vote because I feel that if PD had a few (mabye 2-4 at least) fun maps which all of the LM CS community part agreed on, would keep players in the server and mabye even get a 5v5!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 08:19:40 PM by Diablus »

July 13, 2004, 08:32:03 PM
Reply #2

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Kind of off topic, but I'm wondering if maybe the problem is its a private server, and no one wants to join to start small games in cs?  Maybe you need to remove the password?
Just thinking out loud here

July 13, 2004, 09:04:51 PM
Reply #3

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
I'll vote aye for funmaps. Might as well, the poor server doesn't do much all day long but sit there. I vote a big NAY on publicizing it. If you want to make the server public, don't expect me to admin it. There's dealing with asshats for the love of a game, and then there's dealing with CS kiddies. Noooooooooooo thanks.  ;)

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

July 13, 2004, 10:00:02 PM
Reply #4

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
10 and 0 so far

:o

I still think aim_map is a "fun map" as well  >:D  :ph34r:  :help:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 13, 2004, 10:05:09 PM
Reply #5

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
personally i don't consider any aim_maps fun

i decided to lift my personal ban on cs and play on a server that was running an aim_map and i remembered why i decided to quit playing cs in the first place
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

July 13, 2004, 11:08:34 PM
Reply #6

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ewww no aim maps. At least, as previously argued, nothing where one spawn point has direct line of sight to another spawn point. Awp_city is fine. Awp_l33t_sk33t is quite possibly the most hilarious map ever. But by fun maps I was assuming maps with wild themes. Like the star wars map someone mentioned, or things of that nature.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

July 14, 2004, 12:36:05 AM
Reply #7

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
There is a Star-Wars themed map out there. Rather interesting, people get killed a lot by flying their tie-fighter directly into another tie-fighter, which, knowing the Hlaf-Life engine with vehicles, causes them to pass through eachother, but the occupants get squished.

July 14, 2004, 08:34:15 AM
Reply #8

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
There is a Star-Wars themed map out there. Rather interesting, people get killed a lot by flying their tie-fighter directly into another tie-fighter, which, knowing the Hlaf-Life engine with vehicles, causes them to pass through eachother, but the occupants get squished.
yea, thats starwars 2, its a great map, especially the pit of dewm, with a custom death scream when u plummet down >:D

the only problem is theres a few walls that you can shoot through with a rifle/sniper rifle, which causes a salem witch trial hunt on whos "hacking" when your really not :blink:

also if you know the bug on the side of deathstar near the spawns, u can jump down and hovar without flapping against deathstar and use l33t ninja snipe h4x to kill those silly drivers in the tie fighters. :ph34r:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 08:37:46 AM by Diablus »

July 14, 2004, 08:58:30 AM
Reply #9

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
when i was lil and i used to go to this pub and i was like 12 i owned all teh losers there with my leet skills but anyways there were so many fun maps there like

i dont know there exact names i will just give close to what i remember
*2 towers (9/11 2 towers)
*the map were there are 2 towers in opiste corners and small walls a trench iin teh middle with a lil glass building over it that a slpodes when u plant the bomb there.
*starwars1 and 2
and many more that i forgot

PLZ BRING BACK fun maps at least have um they dont have to be in rotation we could always do votes for them

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????

July 14, 2004, 11:52:36 AM
Reply #10

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
when i was lil and i used to go to this pub and i was like 12 i owned all teh losers there with my leet skills but anyways there were so many fun maps there like
*the map were there are 2 towers in opiste corners and small walls a trench iin teh middle with a lil glass building over it that a slpodes when u plant the bomb there.
 PLZ BRING BACK fun maps at least have um they dont have to be in rotation we could always do votes for them
i pray to the almighty meecy god that you are being facetious... right?

*shakes in fear*
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 14, 2004, 12:53:28 PM
Reply #11

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile