Poll

Do you think should be atmospheric and realistic or competitive?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do You Think NS Should Be  (Read 4403 times)

June 11, 2004, 09:38:26 AM
Reply #20

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I actually am going to say gameplay. I play multiplayer games for the action and reward of defeating a thinking opponant.

If I want atmosphere I'll play something singleplayer.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

June 13, 2004, 12:55:06 PM
Reply #21

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I actually am going to say gameplay. I play multiplayer games for the action and reward of defeating a thinking opponant.

There ya go, you summed up what I was trying to say much better.  ^_^
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

June 14, 2004, 02:54:42 PM
Reply #22

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

I agree with you on the playing multiplayer games for defeating a thinking opponent, but I disagree on the atmosphere for singleplayer. Mainly because the only FPS game I can think of that has atmosphere for single player is AVP and AVP2.... Those games suck to be marines, too scary. The alien is just.... well the marines are too stupid for it to be fun enough to play multiple times. The predators are just... well its more of "LOL HOW DO I JUMP???" then of very good atmosphere, its also sniping out those marines who just stand in clumps randomly.

I voted atmosphere because I liked the notion of sneaking around as a skulk to chomp those marines, like back in 1.x you could even get the best of players if you snuck up on them on the right map.... unless there was two. Hence why 1.x was scrapped! In 2.x that was just fun stuff, skulks were literally on crack, and the hitboxes were finally fixed so then it was harder for guys to hit you o/, whole different atmosphere but still fun stuff. Now I don't know what the atmosphere is, it doesn't feel all that competitive either..

I do agree that there needs to be a balance, but I just want it to be slightly more atmospheric because not many other games do this. AVP and AVP2 multiplayer isn't atmospheric at all... except maybe for facehuggers on.... barely..

I reveal penis I know psychology.

June 14, 2004, 11:00:55 PM
Reply #23

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
AVP has facehugger for multiplayer? H4x! i have never seen 1 before in multi!

Anyhow im still all for atmospheric, NS is going "less atmospheric" every build which is totally bringing NS down the drain to being a typical HL DM game except with a cool resource system. The storyline is thrown off, the manual is tottaly outdated because almost every damn thing on marine was buffed up. And its going WAY off track of what NS was "supposed" to be. Balanced and heavily atmoshperic. I mean take a look at the intro video, if anything it looks scary. But now, in 3.0 they make paper thin skulks and alien "tanks" that die in less than 5 seconds of showing itself to a few marines with a HMG.  The game went from "oh crap, they got a fade / Onos, guys stick together. to: "Teamwork?, who need teamwork? i got my HMG/jp and medspam. I can clear this ship / complex all by myself.

Thats 1 reason why I hate when MODS get big. Devs are too "busy" to listen to good suggestions and only listen to the email spammers / their friends at home (in NS's case im betting most were CS/DOD junkies v_v )

Im going to end my final statement on this topic now.

Ns basically sucks via 3.0 builds. If it wasn't for LM I would have definetly quit and never looked back at this damn game ever again. It's going downhill and we all know that, there's possibly little hope that this soon will turn into a "clan" competative game. NS 2 (if there is ever going to be one) is going to be horrible as well after a few builds. (in other words, when the HL DM nubs get their hands on flayra email address.)

I really can't wait for B5 to come out, so i can have an excuse to post how much this game has sucked since 1.0- pre 2.0 in the NS.org forums.

Thats my overall sumed up take on this game, and when I find another game to replace this "sinking" one, i sure as hell will jump aboard that ship hoping it won't sink like the titanic in which is the direction of NS.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:45:04 AM by Diablus »