Author Topic: So Many Newbies...  (Read 24831 times)

January 19, 2004, 06:34:08 PM
Reply #80

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
Seven year old asian girls? WHAT KIND OF SERVER ARE YOU RUNNING HERE????
not only asian, but from da ghetto, da preppy ghetto dat is

Oh, btw, I just felt like taking pictures, so I snapped a shot of my HL case:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 06:34:57 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 19, 2004, 06:49:20 PM
Reply #81

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Cool, now snap a shot of the back so I can swipe your key -- er... enjoy the rest of the CD case art. Yeah. Art.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

January 19, 2004, 08:40:06 PM
Reply #82

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
Seven year old asian girls? WHAT KIND OF SERVER ARE YOU RUNNING HERE????
not only asian, but from da ghetto, da preppy ghetto dat is

Oh, btw, I just felt like taking pictures, so I snapped a shot of my HL case:
dude you have way to much spair time... imho
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

January 20, 2004, 12:07:53 PM
Reply #83

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Here you go, the back of the case. :D
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 20, 2004, 12:12:44 PM
Reply #84

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Back of my case is an ad for Homeworld...

January 20, 2004, 01:46:03 PM
Reply #85

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
the back of MY case is also an ad...
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

January 20, 2004, 02:32:16 PM
Reply #86

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
How in the world did this degenerate into snapshots of HL cases? We've got to remember our proper enemies here: evil noobz0rs!

We now return to your regularly scheduled whining session.

January 28, 2004, 12:32:49 PM
Reply #87

pjofsky

• Skulk

• View Profile
We should drop the newbie-friendly policy.

January 28, 2004, 12:37:17 PM
Reply #88

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
but why wouldn't you want the people to be nice to you?

:ph34r:  

I will now "tremble" in "fear" of pjofkys pre-teenangst witty retort    >:D

Heya pjofksy, long time no see
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 28, 2004, 12:47:02 PM
Reply #89

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
I think the newbie-friendly policy should stand. I mean, i was greatful when i started i had nice people to show me the ropes.

But one thing i do, and i have to, is deny newbs new equipment as a commander. Sorry, but i'm not trusting the fate of the game on someone who doesn't know how to weld another HA. Commed a game today, after some newb jumped in the chair and built a normal base, followed by 3 armouries. So i got going, and they were dropping like flies. Eventually i made it to HA, so two newbs got HA and Zazi got it too. Zazi was in dire need of welding and SOMEHOW was the only HA to survive an attack, the two newbs died near instantly.

So yes, show them around, but good god, don't give them a shottie or whatever they want and certainly don't trust them to hold their position and follow orders, because they won't.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 28, 2004, 01:05:58 PM
Reply #90

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Whenever I'm on the server the newbie friendly policy is up in force. All questions are answered and anyone mocking newbies will be happily kicked or temp-o-bant.

However, idiots who jump in and don't want to learn, or just want to whine and cause problems and ruin the game for others will be dealt with just as swiftly. Adding new players to the NS community and making them feel welcome is everyone's responsibility! Enjoy the chance to help someone out.

January 28, 2004, 03:51:34 PM
Reply #91

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Whenever I'm on the server the newbie friendly policy is up in force. All questions are answered and anyone mocking newbies will be happily kicked or temp-o-bant.

However, idiots who jump in and don't want to learn, or just want to whine and cause problems and ruin the game for others will be dealt with just as swiftly. Adding new players to the NS community and making them feel welcome is everyone's responsibility! Enjoy the chance to help someone out.
and that's why i lub teh janitor!! ohh YEAH BABAY!!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 28, 2004, 04:08:06 PM
Reply #92

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
that is how it should be the old players helping the new so that they too will be able to return the favor sooner or later
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

January 29, 2004, 09:19:11 AM
Reply #93

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile

^^
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 29, 2004, 09:37:40 AM
Reply #94

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

^^
fine fine, i lub you too!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 02, 2004, 01:50:26 PM
Reply #95

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, now that we have the 3.0 server up, there has been a constant flow of new players on the server. A lot of them are so obnoxious that it's intolerable. I wanted to kick them so bad, but then the votes fail because there's a whole bunch more un-regulars on the server. Then the person on the vote to be kicked asks, "What did I do wrong?" after he's called people on the server various names relating to genitalia...

It's getting old very fast, I must say.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

February 02, 2004, 02:39:08 PM
Reply #96

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Things are a little confused and aggravting right now with the two servers running. The admins are a little stretched and usually if we're playing on one, the other is unwatched. Jump in ICR and scream if anything really bad is going on, surely someone will answer your cries.

February 02, 2004, 02:45:11 PM
Reply #97

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Jump in ICR and scream if anything really bad is going on, surely someone will answer your cries.
you also might find us on that crazy contraption called IRC as well :p
-Richard Feynman

February 02, 2004, 05:31:40 PM
Reply #98

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I jumped on to Lunixmonster the other nite for some 2.01 action, and I gotta say its pretty damn pitiful how terrible so many of these newbies are. I'm still confused as to how they found their way to 2.0, completely skipping past 3.0 and its combat-y newbie-trapness.

February 03, 2004, 04:28:41 AM
Reply #99

Kitana

• Lerker

• View Profile
So I thought this would be the perfect thread for my first post on this forum.  I am Kitana. I have been gaming for around 4 years now.  I started with Quake then CS. Then a CS clanmate taught me NS.  I just loved it!  It was like CS matches but with aliens.  A real team game. CS was never a real team game IMO except in competition. So anyway, that guy stopped playing, and I kept playing.   I got yelled at.... a lot.  I remember the first time someone told me to weld them.  Soo confused.  Welding people...  By now Ive been playing long enough that I not only get by, I actually help my team.  At least I like to think so.   Anyway, recently I have semi-forced ;) some of my friends into installing it.   Now I am attempting to teach - all of the people I've convinced to try it - how to play it.  And...........Guess where we're gonna play???  ROFL!  I'm sure you're all excited!  We are all adults and have been gaming for some time.  Some have played NS before, most haven't (sorry).  All are older and very experienced with gaming.  And if you're wondering ...we will not be in the asshole nublet section.  They are people that honestly want to learn the game, and it must be said we are all extremely cool.  I discovered the server randomly, and Arch was polite and professional and invited me back.  (bet hes sorry now rofl)  I idle to support.  We wear the tag [neo] which is a ns club just for fun.  I'd ask if you see any of them in the server, try not to ruin their first impressions of the game.  I'd much rather them play somewhere else then have them lose interest or become discouraged with the game because of how they are treated.  (almost happened to me with that welding experience...)  Reading this thread first, I see how your forum members feel about people that have no idea how to play the game.  I hope the people that play on, and are involved with this server remember that we were ALL new to EVERY game we play at one time.   If my plan, which is to actually have people to play WITH when I play, upsets any of the server's admins, regs, owners etc., then tell me now and we can find somewhere else to play.  It's not a problem, but you gotta say it here and now.  If not, see ya on the server.  I'll be the one that just killed you  :D  

-Kit