Author Topic: Suggestions For Ns  (Read 8295 times)

May 20, 2004, 02:38:12 AM
Reply #20

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
one for both teams

make it easier to take down unbuilt rts if you kill the rine/gorge that is building it.  as it is now the unbuilt rts has more hp than a built one <_<
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

May 20, 2004, 03:48:36 AM
Reply #21

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
Marine
Reduce Electricity Range
Currently a skulk running by a electrified RT can get shocked from something like 5 feet away(guess) it shouldn't do that.
the problem with just reducing the range is that it doesn't protect anyother buildings in the vicinity, what i think should be done is to nerf the basic Electrification attack range, but allow the shock to pass through nearby buildings without it lowering the range while doing so, so the buildings around it would act like having some minor electrification(except it doesn't work without the E'd TF/RT in the first place, and it doesn't show as blue shiny stuff).

Alien
Making parasited stuff show on the minimap
the title says it all, MT show blips on the minimap, imo parasites should too.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 03:52:02 AM by Dirty Harry Potter »

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

May 20, 2004, 06:56:04 AM
Reply #22

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Alien
Up the leap damage
As it is now leap does like 20HP if you stick in the marine during the whole leap, i think it should at least do 40Dmg if you stick to the marine during the whole leap.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

May 20, 2004, 08:14:22 AM
Reply #23

Path

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Okay, here are my suggestions:

Something needs to be done to reduce the razor edge of electricity on the alien res system. Instead of nerfing damage or range to the point of uselessness now about we try this.

Marines

Only a limited number of structures (or RTs, if it can be coded separately) can be electrified at one time. I have no idea on the number, it's really the idea thats important. This would allow electrification to remain an effective defensive tool while removing the all-out electrification rush.

Aliens

My alien concern is more general, and it involves some 3rd hive abilities. To begin with, Onos Charge is a royal waste of time and energy, and needs to be strengthened in some way. Also, fade acid rocket, although the damage was halfed and the adren cost, the cooldown was left alone. This had the same effect as nerfing an already weakened skill. Cooldown should be halfed, or reduced sizably at least, to give the aliens some late game ranged weapon worth using.
</Path>

Commanding is like playing StarCraft, only the units curse at you when you lose.
Anything is a weapon if you swing it right.

May 20, 2004, 09:22:44 AM
Reply #24

Golgothaa

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://ehs.lps.org/biz/kahle/mainpage.htm
Aliens

Add resources needed to gestate/drop structures/evolve next to the pull out tab menus.

um just to let you know, they did this, apparently you havnt been playing, because it now says 10, 10, 10, 30, 75, 50, 2 whatever, 40 next to the gestate or structure.

About charge, charge is very useful dont know what your are smoking ,its not really a dmg weapon, it does help though, but what its mainly used for is moving faster then a celerity onos into the marine base, eating a marine and charging out, that makes charge damn good enough for me.
"Thank God I'm An Atheist"
WTF?! STEW FOO
"mmm You Touch my Tra laa laa, mmmm My Ding Ding Dong"

May 20, 2004, 02:02:31 PM
Reply #25

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
About charge, charge is very useful dont know what your are smoking ,its not really a dmg weapon, it does help though, but what its mainly used for is moving faster then a celerity onos into the marine base, eating a marine and charging out, that makes charge damn good enough for me.
because the 'best move of the best alien' is perfectly fine only being good at assisting in grabbing 1 marine and running back to safety like a little girl.  :(

May 20, 2004, 02:20:16 PM
Reply #26

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Well for Lerk spikes I'd say give them 2 options. 1: just add them to slot 1 with bite

Or

Have 2 lerk species, 1 with bite in the first slot, second slot wouldnt be spores, it would be some sort of close ranged attack (mabye something to do with its claws while in mid air?) and its armor would be increased but HP decreased.

For Lerk Species 2: it would basically be the support lerk, 2.0 slots (spike/spores/umbra/pscream) with higher HP then the assault lerk but lower armor.

I say do this instead of just giving 1 spikes and the other bite for more diversity, also i use the lerk from the fade colored pack, mabye have 2 different colors for the lerk species, (lerk fade coloring is basically a darkish black grey where the tan is on the original model which looks nice)

Also I requested in the S&I forums awhile back givint the marine team a CS option menu for radio calls, like weld me, cover me, help, scan here, etc.

of course i dont know why I wasted 2 minutes of my time to post this because this will never get to the dev team....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:25:29 PM by Diablus »

May 20, 2004, 03:31:04 PM
Reply #27

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I once heard a rumor that they would combine spores and umbra in a single attack. SPUMBRA. If this were done it would make a great 3rd skill.

-Bite
-Spikes
-Spumbra
-Primal Scream

I think this would be best.

May 20, 2004, 03:50:42 PM
Reply #28

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Spumbra was thrown out, I believe (way too powerful)

May 20, 2004, 03:54:36 PM
Reply #29

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Not too powerful for second hive! (since at second hive you already have spore and umbra) I don't see the problem. But the ways of the developers are always mysterious...

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

May 20, 2004, 04:13:04 PM
Reply #30

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
why not just call it "Return of umbra.......with a vengance..." thatll fit in the weapon slot name.. right?

but spumbra sounds too powerful, i mean your taking somthnig that Damages marines, WHILE blocking bullets o_O

and since it takes some time to combine umbra and spores currently to create your homemade type with the weapon switching delay. a spam of that into MS along with skulks attacking is just tooo lame
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 04:15:56 PM by Diablus »

May 20, 2004, 04:44:05 PM
Reply #31

Avs

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Yeah sounds way too powerful. And as for resources showing up on the alien tabs... I guess its just me that doesnt have it enabled.
Avs

May 21, 2004, 12:17:46 AM
Reply #32

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
A few things. Firstly, try stopping a shotgun rush with spikes then try stopping it with spores. Spores damage more targets at once and allow the lerk to still deal damage after he's left. It's so much better than spikes it's unbelievable. Okay yeah they suck againist HA but in those situations a lerk's roll becomes one of umbra support. If you don't have two hives and they have HA it's GG anyway.

I don't know how you'd go about not making the fade a 3 minute death factory, maybe by dropping shotguns, oh no wait, you want to nerf them too. WHY DON'T WE JUST REMOVE EVERYTHING FUN FROM NS RIGHT NOW AND GET IT DONE WITH. Here's an idea though if you want to stop fades, make the most of the 4 minutes they don't have them, take out every node they put up inside the first few minutes, there won't be any fades.

A limit on elecing, if the aliens are stupid enough to let the comm have 6+ rts and enough res to electrify everything they deserve to lose.

Onos charge is already incredibly powerful, not as a killing machine but as a ^^ i have no armour and need to get the :D out of here tool, that's why it's there.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 12:18:28 AM by Mr.Ben »

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

May 21, 2004, 02:44:29 AM
Reply #33

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Refund alien resources for 'devolving'. Why is a fade / onos / lerk punished for devolving to a gorge? If they successfully devolve, give them back their resources.

May 21, 2004, 01:13:26 PM
Reply #34

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Mr ben, charge only has 1 use now and thats to charge +devour then run out before you get owned BY SHOTGUNNERS/hmgers

fades arent deathmachines now that the hitboxes are fixed. you dont need shotguns to take 1 down, especially one who doesnt use blink much.

May 22, 2004, 07:24:08 AM
Reply #35

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I remember how all the heavies went "omgwtf?" all over the place when Diablus (and later I) started chargedevouring...

May 22, 2004, 07:08:55 PM
Reply #36

Temm

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• Personal Text
    Bam in the FACE
    • View Profile
I think a pretty good idea is that once you get to ummm 2nd or 3rd hive you get some kinda upgraded skulk with some of it's attributes increases such as dmg, health, carapace and speed too...

May 22, 2004, 08:27:25 PM
Reply #37

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Can't do that, Flayra wants marines have a "comeback" at hive 3, so Heavy Train assaults could actually work <_< . Which i actually have seen when we had no Onos at hive 3

May 22, 2004, 10:17:34 PM
Reply #38

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Can't do that, Flayra wants marines have a "comeback" at hive 3, so Heavy Train assaults could actually work <_< . Which i actually have seen when we had no Onos at hive 3
Could that be why we don't have uber-powerful hive 3 abilities?

May 23, 2004, 08:23:48 AM
Reply #39

XeroDream

• Lerker

• View Profile
Ive seen Good skulks Take out 2 heavys with Circle strafe+ff, and fades can r0x0rs if they are used right. and i dont think shotties are too strong they are right about where they should be maybe make em 15 and Hmgs 20 with GLs cuz hmgs are way strong