Author Topic: Why in the citadel make it so easy to stay alive?  (Read 2915 times)

December 20, 2004, 08:01:30 AM
Read 2915 times

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Maybe its just me but this took the fun out of HL2 slightly.

Up to this point its been a fight for survival, especially when going up against striders and the likes. But then suddenly they give you an overpowered gun that can pull anything around and flings people like dolls, but not just that they give you a recharger that puts you to full health and full shields every 100 meters!!! WTF!

Does anyone else feel this was strange?

December 20, 2004, 10:11:03 AM
Reply #1

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well it was awesome. I didn't mind it since it was fun. It was more of a kind of an award for going through the rest of the game. Besides they took a lot of stuff out of the game, so they might of needed a filler to get to the end.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 20, 2004, 11:15:34 AM
Reply #2

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
nice 1111 posts malev :p

they give you cool stuff that heals you and makes you pwn and it accompanies the upgraded grav gun

man that is hot, and I can see valve doing that

I think I'm going to try and play HL2 today, hopefully zer is up for me whoring one of his comps  :ph34r:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

December 20, 2004, 03:41:08 PM
Reply #3

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I was watching my brother play, and he being nub, died many times. So I dont know if its crazy easy, but its certainly not the hardest part of the game.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

December 21, 2004, 03:35:00 AM
Reply #4

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
How did he die? When ever I got low on health I ran back to the machine and healed. Thing is as far as I could tell each of them was unlimited. Admittedly when I first saw the Strider that killed me  :)

Woot 100 posts  :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 03:37:02 AM by SgtFury »

December 21, 2004, 10:11:02 PM
Reply #5

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I only died by falling off the ledges :D
Stupid combine, never invented handrails.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

December 23, 2004, 09:51:50 AM
Reply #6

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Well, as I said, my brother is newb :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

December 23, 2004, 10:49:47 PM
Reply #7

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
its as hard as it gets!

your gordon freeman owning all

in the citadel your gordon freeman with a 200 HEV suit and a super gravity gun.

It's likelike Steven Segal getting more than a bloody nose and a scratch on his cheek after taking on 100 bad guys with rocket launchers and machine guns and whatnot in one of his movies... its just impossible!

your not meant to lose!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 10:50:47 PM by Diablus »

December 24, 2004, 10:39:46 AM
Reply #8

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Noooooo, don't mention Segal! His name could spoil someone's HL2 experience.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 26, 2004, 11:58:41 PM
Reply #9

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
The game is designed so that you get more and more awesome as the game goes on. First you're dealing with standard CP troops, then headdys, then Military, then Choppers, then Shock Troops, until finally you're shooting down a half dozen striders before you can say "Zero-Point energy manipulator." What's more, you're given more and more weapons through the game and put in situations, that though your survivability may not go up, your asskickery does.

It's a logical progression, and I think it's awesome. At the end of the game it is easy to stay alive, and you move around and just kind of flow, concentrate on blowing things away. It becomes a natural, practiced, conditioned procedure, grabbing a soldier and throwing him into his squadmates, using energy balls to kill scores or soldiers at once.

December 29, 2004, 08:08:35 PM
Reply #10

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
To show off the wonders of the UBER GRAVGUN! Well at least that's the only reason I can think of.... I mean everyone loves the gravgun and everyone wanted to be able to gravgun everything... Why not give the players a level where the gravgun can do everything they want it to? The only thing that made me mad was when breen gravguns you and you LIVE!

I reveal penis I know psychology.

December 30, 2004, 11:39:50 AM
Reply #11

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I don't understand why someone would die after being gravgunned, as in simply lifted up. I'd like the combine to die only after I fling them down the pits of the citadel, or after a whack them a couple of times against a wall. That'd be fun.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

December 30, 2004, 02:36:39 PM
Reply #12

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
The only thing that made me mad was when breen gravguns you and you LIVE!
[snapback]37501[/snapback]

Three words for you, fool: Hazardous Environment Suit. :D

December 30, 2004, 03:53:33 PM
Reply #13

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
My guess would be is that the way the grav gun would lift you, is by your atoms, and if your atoms would be moving, it wouldnt work right Id guess, sO I'd assume that your atoms just stop when the grav gun picks you up, and that would most likely be fatal.

pure guessing here

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

December 31, 2004, 12:42:00 PM
Reply #14

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Im guessing the force of the pull factor must be like getting hit by  a truck.. (ask X-S-Z why and he'll explain)