The Ready Room > Mapping

My Map

(1/2) > >>

Kodiac:
alright, as a test of my leet mapping skill, I decided to make a map of my own house.  I've gotten most of the basement done, but I'm having some trouble.  about half of the prop_static things I put in dont appear.  They arent just invisible(which has happened, and I know ow to fix), they just plain arent there.  

I have tried the valve-sponsored fix for this, which is to set startfadedist to -1 and endfadedist to 0, thereby telling the engine not to fade at all.  

What should I do? HELP

SwiftSpear:

--- Quote ---alright, as a test of my leet mapping skill, I decided to make a map of my own house.  I've gotten most of the basement done, but I'm having some trouble.  about half of the prop_static things I put in dont appear.  They arent just invisible(which has happened, and I know ow to fix), they just plain arent there. 

I have tried the valve-sponsored fix for this, which is to set startfadedist to -1 and endfadedist to 0, thereby telling the engine not to fade at all. 

What should I do? HELP
[snapback]52199[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
It's a really stupid feature hammer 4 inclues that basicly sets the vis range for static objects so they are exorbidantly small radiuses.  I can't remember what the variable is called but it's one of the entities properties, it needs to be set from whatever it is to something more reasonable that makes the vis sphere engulf the whole room, rather then just a 2 foot sphere around the object.

[edit] seems like you already tryed that... try large numbers rather then infinate numbers and see if it makes a difference.

2_of_8:
Houses don't make good game maps for anything, they're not balanced :p

Bryan:

--- Quote ---Houses don't make good game maps for anything, they're not balanced :p
[snapback]52215[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

..Hide and Seek

Bryan

Diablus:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Houses don't make good game maps for anything, they're not balanced :p
[snapback]52215[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

..Hide and Seek

Bryan
[snapback]52218[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

...Alien Flashlight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version