Author Topic: Official Custom Map Request Thread  (Read 10179 times)

May 14, 2004, 04:05:40 PM
Reply #20

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

May 16, 2004, 08:28:04 AM
Reply #21

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Starwars2 Map download (scroll to S)

4 Pics for Hunz to decide if he wants to add them to the next pack =)

Pic 1 = Ct start (T is the exact replica of the ct side so the T side is the same)

Pic 2= The gun room on ct side (Ts have the exact same room with the exact same weapons and armor on thier side)

Pic 3 =Shortcut through the Pit of Dewm to T/Ct side without going around in space with the tie fighters. But if you miss the spinny platform j00 = PWNT!!11

Pic 4 = Pit of Dewm area seperating both sides. Lasers do kill if you touch them, they can be toggled on and off. (for purposes of rushers from killing you while u pick your gunz or load up in the tie fighters!

Also : Tie fighters DO NOT shoot lasers  <_<
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 08:28:47 AM by Diablus »

May 16, 2004, 09:13:20 AM
Reply #22

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
No the tiefighters have awp campers on them at the edge of the map :p

May 16, 2004, 10:13:32 AM
Reply #23

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
... it doesn't have much of an atmosphere (no pun intended). It looks kind of bland and blocky, kinda like if I tried to make a map... <_<

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

May 16, 2004, 02:46:07 PM
Reply #24

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Starwars2 is quite fun, although it's basically the apex of the word "funmap."  Basically, the map is a death star and the surrounding space.  Each team starts on opposite sides and there's a single room in the middle separating them, so it's small (but this room happens to have spinning platforms and pits of death, so it's not just a simple matter of jogging through).  There's some space outside the deathstar in which the TIE fighters in the dock can be driven around (on one axis, but of course).

The only problem is that the tie fighters have a really nasty habit of getting themselves hopelessly stuck together if two of them collide.  Take this map as you will - it's a fun diversion, but hardly a hardcore gaming map. :)

May 16, 2004, 04:53:05 PM
Reply #25

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Yea it gets pretty serious and intense, and yes, you can Ram the tie fighters into eachother which causes severe death to anyone being crushed by the other tie fighter :p  (I think this was intended to add more "strategy" to the map.) I mean if you have 4 guys on a tie fighter 1 driving and the rest on bottom and tops of the wings your at 25 hp, you might as well Ram into them full speed and hoping to take down 2-3 of em. Also hopping onto enemy  tie fighters from the one your standing on and pulling cool Special Forces, Covert Ops missions to get inside the tie from the top WHILE its moving is quite a scene to watch <3

May 17, 2004, 10:28:15 PM
Reply #26

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yea it gets pretty serious and intense, and yes, you can Ram the tie fighters into eachother which causes severe death to anyone being crushed by the other tie fighter :p  (I think this was intended to add more "strategy" to the map.)
ahahahahah intended XD, I wish it was intended because the vehicle code for CS maps is just a train without a track! It would be much more effecient if they just made it a model with different move speed/friction applied to it. But that wont happen on a CS map hafaf :D.

It does make sense though that it killing the passengers would be intended, cept for the fact it's a cs map :D.

IMO jeepathon2k = best map ever, getting your jeep stuck in the floor killing and getting yourself stuck = tons of fun.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

May 18, 2004, 09:27:34 AM
Reply #27

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
dudes, we so need aim_map and l33t_sk33t

both would be fun maps with community
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

May 18, 2004, 02:14:29 PM
Reply #28

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Negative on aim_map. Too easy to shoot people at spawn. If we're going for fun aiming maps of that sort, I'd suggest awp_city. No easy spawn killing, lots of nice hiding places, and if you're a super ninja you can sneak over and knife your enemy for the win.

And since I'm including download links, awp_l337_sk337 IS quite possibly the most amusing funmap ever. Teams switch out each round. One team has awps and is confined to a small shooting box area. The other has only knives and is shot out of a tube and flies through the air. If they don't get shot in midair (it's tough, they move pretty fast) then they get to sneak into the shooting box and try and knife the awping team. Hilarity!

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

May 19, 2004, 08:39:28 AM
Reply #29

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sounds great. Just don't, DON'T make the mistake of placing them in the regular rotation.

May 19, 2004, 04:16:15 PM
Reply #30

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Negative on aim_map
que?

pardon me my fine janitor, but the whole part of aim_map is quick rounds that let you work on aiming!

I still think it should be a voteable map, same with leet skeet
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.

May 19, 2004, 06:02:09 PM
Reply #31

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Let me use a simple diagram.
Code: [Select]
X                              [ ]
     [ ]                      
                                       X

[ ]

Where the X is a player spawn and the [ ] represents a box or other visibility blocker of some sort. If all the spawns were behind boxes, that would be fine. As it is though, say people spawn in those two locations. You have the whole countdown time to put your crosshairs right on someone's head, and as soon as the round starts it's just a matter of who has the better ping to the server for who gets off the first shot. I don't have any fun being shot at spawn before I can do anything. This is also why I think awp_map is a horrible map, whereas awp_city is fun, because all the spawns are behind something.

May 19, 2004, 07:45:55 PM
Reply #32

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I agree, awp_map sux0rz if theres buy time. Awp_map2 has u spawn in deep trenches, oh and also. Can we PLEASE make a new topic on this? this isnt the right thread to fight over why theres no aim_maps and such :)

June 09, 2004, 10:19:34 AM
Reply #33

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
how about fy_iceworld?

June 09, 2004, 10:30:15 AM
Reply #34

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

June 09, 2004, 12:35:22 PM
Reply #35

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i think it was stated in some other thread that fy_iceworld or anything to that effect would be out of the question
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

June 11, 2004, 12:27:46 PM
Reply #36

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Over 100 maps here

there all custom some serius, alot not so serious. But it seems many people aren't playing in the CS server anymore, i think mabye having a few "fun maps" would bring it back alive somewhat v_v

June 29, 2004, 09:10:20 PM
Reply #37

Temm

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• Personal Text
    Bam in the FACE
    • View Profile
How about the map blahhhh?
I don't have the download linky or anything maybe someone could put it up?

June 29, 2004, 09:52:15 PM
Reply #38

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Over 100 maps here

there all custom some serius, alot not so serious. But it seems many people aren't playing in the CS server anymore, i think mabye having a few "fun maps" would bring it back alive somewhat v_v
air_fight eh? DIABLUS! TO THE LISTENSERVER MOBILE!

But yeah, fun maps make it fun, why not? I mean most(not all) are bored of playing CS anyways, and the people who aren't usually aren't around at the same times to play or want to play with more people/plugins and such..

I reveal penis I know psychology.

June 30, 2004, 08:19:34 AM
Reply #39

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
what about fy_DUSTworld?  >:D
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen