Author Topic: Is It Just Me,  (Read 1998 times)

October 26, 2004, 09:27:22 PM
Read 1998 times

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I was browsing the thermaltake website, like I always to because I am a huge nerd with nothing else to do, when I knowticed a feature they have implimented that I never remembered being so stupid before.  As some of you have probably knowticed, thermal take uses a logo system so the features of thier products are easy to recognize, but on further inspection you will realize that these logos are a FRIGGIN BUNCH OF CRAP.  Not that they are ugly or anything, its just that there is like a million logos, with each new product getting at least 4 new logos being made for it, so you might as well just read a spec list since the logos are compleatly and utterly unessicary anyways.  

For instance here is one of the logos for thier new case:

Clearly you can tell what that is, can't you? well let me tell you, it is a 'shark logo' which is obviously compleatly nessicary, because when you first catch a glimpse of the logo you haven't read the name of the case or looked at a picture of the case yet have you?

For another example:

This is the '12025 Fan' logo, and this

is the 'LED fan' logo, it is obviously crystal clear what the difference is just by looking at the logo is it not?

Here is some more logos:
The 'USB 2.0' Logo

the 'preformance' logo

the 'Universal' logo

the 'four in one cooler' logo.

The stupidest thing about all these logos? you would be hard pressed to find some of them used more then once, on the entire site, ever, SO WHAT IS THE FRIGGIN POINT?  Personally I just think they like thier costomers to feel patronized.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

October 27, 2004, 06:32:23 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
There there, it's all right, nobody got hurt and everything will be back to normal again. Do you want a cookie to relax with? Of course you would. Here you go. Niiiiice cookie, right? Mmmmm. Niiiiice cookie.

October 27, 2004, 06:12:27 PM
Reply #2

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
However they do sponsor lanparties like theres no tommorrow.  So everything evens out and its all good.

November 02, 2004, 12:44:56 PM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
somewhat OT here. i have a noisy computar! and my crappy video card has no fan. so it  HAS to be the CPU fan right? (correct me if it could be something else). what is a good, solid, quiet fan for my ancient Athlon 1600XP?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 03, 2004, 09:03:41 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It could be the psu fan. I'd advise simply putting your ear close to the fans while the computer is running and listening.
Oh, and watch your hair.