Author Topic: Don't You Just Love Those Teamwork Games?  (Read 6505 times)

June 01, 2004, 05:10:48 PM
Read 6505 times

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Teamwork in LM on the marine side is getting worse and worse. New players aren't following orders, or even team leaders (aka people who enforce the Wp rule) Im getting sick of saying over the mic "Follow me, no dont go down that hall, come THIS WAY, no, no dont go that wa"... *Holy_devil killed NSplayer with bite*
and for instance before in ns_mineshaft "Ok guys theres a onos in between double and tram tunnel, hes not at full hp we can get him from both sides and take him out." Well what happens? I get 1, Yes just 1 Marine who tries to help me kill the onos from a 2 way attack, of course we both got eaten while our team dilly dallys with a lerk in a freakin vent, or knifing a oc.
 I miss the good ol 2.0 LM days when 7 out of 8 marines would form strategies, work together, and not rambo off. And at least listen to more "experienced" players on the field v_v. Is there ANY way LB can get some sort, of plugin or something that would at least enforce a *tiny* bit more teamwork  <_< .

Now i know this is somewhat a Vent off from last game, but comeone people, res slotters or not. If your on a team please listen so we could have a good, competative, harsh game B)

and if NS comes out on some gameing system that when your guy actually died, you got a electrical zap of 100 volts. mabye that would enforce more teamwork
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 05:12:55 PM by Diablus »

June 01, 2004, 05:16:19 PM
Reply #1

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
You ever feel like you're ramboing, and yet, you're at the waypoint? I've had a lot of sad moments along these lines:

One hive left, whole team has heavies. Comm says, "OK guys, lets get into that hive and take it out, GO!" And so I go trudging off to the hive and charge in like a madman, only to suddenly realize that I'm the only one there. Maybe a marine or two followed me halfway, but they suddenly got distracted by a skulk/gorge/res node/pretty picture on the wall and just disappeared. So congrats, I get killed by a skulk rush along with the last remaining fade. Five minutes later, maybe half the team finally shows up, after getting ammo, welding, getting more ammo, moving off in the wrong direction, getting killed, screaming at the comm for more heavy kits...

At this point I'm praying that the aliens have a second hive going up and someone ready to go onos and start devouring heavies, because the $#@%& stupid marine team deserves it!

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

June 01, 2004, 05:23:05 PM
Reply #2

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
it seems LB should enforce a "Take Ritalin before entering the server" policy  <_<
cause there's more A.D.D and A.D.H.D on the marine team. then there is in my school.. which is pretty sad.

Comm: Ok guys, move down engine corridor and take out that onos

Heavies: Rgr that lets move.... There he is blast hi.. ooo... pretty lights...OHH! a lerk!.. OOoo a butterfly!.. OMG WTF COMM HE ATE ME HELP TEAM HE.. Ooo i see a bone in here...

Rest of the team : QUICK! catch that butterfly before it gets in the vent!. I think it had sparkles on it!

Comm : *sigh*, well Pit of dewm.. do the priveledge of ending this aggrivation...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 05:25:24 PM by Diablus »

June 01, 2004, 05:29:45 PM
Reply #3

Majin

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yes, the lack of Team work is a major factor in my not wanting to comm any more.
MY Losses are so high most games because NO ONE WILL FN LISTEN.
I gave you all HA/HMGs but nooooo you don't want to move out, you all want to run away at the first ONOS you see.

I don't enjoy comming anymore, but game after game NO ONE WILL COMM, so I jump in.  ;)

June 01, 2004, 06:50:42 PM
Reply #4

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i'm sure there is a rule that you have to follow orders.. no? isn't there? *goes to look*
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

June 01, 2004, 08:35:06 PM
Reply #5

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
This is what happens when all the res slotters are doing nothing but playing alien.

Every game it seems to be about 80% res slotters stacked on aliens, the other 20% are on Marines with a team of scrubs. When I get back there will be much justice dealt.

June 01, 2004, 08:53:19 PM
Reply #6

Decimator

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Quite often I find myself forced to play on the alien team even when I would have rather played on the marine team simply because the marine door is stacked three players high.  Maybe the bind of pain needs to come back... *hides from LB*
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 08:54:49 PM by Decimator »
Alert code one.  The temperature is twenty degrees below zero.

June 01, 2004, 11:31:34 PM
Reply #7

george

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://offwheel.gotdns.com
Following orders is always a good thing.  But we have all been scrubs at one point and didnt follow orders or have had a bad day and just plain want to blow things away with large weapons with large bullets that spray out uncontrollably killing everything within your 180 degree field of view. To only continue on your lone journey blasting away to alleviate some stress or what not. Then somehow the team loses and you blame comm and the rest of the team for not following your path of complete destruction and mayhem.
also sometimes i've noticed that players concede the game too early or start goofing off too soon. Even if the Marines have 0 rts you shouldnt just let them stay in a corner and own the 2 players actually trying to end the game. Or vice versa giving up when the opposing team has captured all rts or what not.

But then again its just a game....

--george

June 02, 2004, 01:07:27 PM
Reply #8

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I usually see a LOT of the RS on aliens, ALL the time, and I always try for marines, so im the type of person to notice these things I rarely go aliens because marines need all the help they can get... SOMETIMES the rs's will be all "k, enough aliens marines for one game!" then they TOTALY  slaughter the aliens, and go back to the aliens team... I don't know about you's, but 1/10 games winnning is NOT very nice, and the worst part is, I'm usualy forced to comm.

so bah

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

June 02, 2004, 01:25:47 PM
Reply #9

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Quite often I find myself forced to play on the alien team even when I would have rather played on the marine team simply because the marine door is stacked three players high.  Maybe the bind of pain needs to come back... *hides from LB*
I, too am forced alot to join aliens when i come in late game. And Uranium, its not the fact that RSers are stacking aliens before every round. It's the NON -Reserved Slotters who stack marines evety round (Most likely because there new to the game and prefer weapons that are familiar to regular HL DM games).

And the fact that sometimes the Reserved Slotters stack aliens when they see 1 or two other RSers is the fact that they'd rather be on a team with other Reserved Slotters who USE teamwork, and USE tactics.

I quite frankly go aliens because i prefer playing aliens. Though they require more teamwork then marines Others Reserved Slotters prolly enjoy aliens themselves.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 01:27:11 PM by Diablus »

June 02, 2004, 01:55:30 PM
Reply #10

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
This is what happens when all the res slotters are doing nothing but playing alien.

Every game it seems to be about 80% res slotters stacked on aliens, the other 20% are on Marines with a team of scrubs. When I get back there will be much justice dealt.
your silly threats are just that uranub.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

June 02, 2004, 02:33:33 PM
Reply #11

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i was the lerk in the vent :D :D :D

anyways i go Aliens becuase its more fun, and whenever i go marine we usally die to 2 fades before 10min mark so its not that fun, And most the time i just run into the random team and end up on aliens becuase everyone stacks marines

June 02, 2004, 03:06:52 PM
Reply #12

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
"Everyone" "always" stacks "aliens"/"marines". I've learned to stop worrying about it. There will always be someone complaining that someone is stacking some team. We've been through this before. Res slots are not a clan, admins are not a clan. Consties don't count as stackage. ICONS, for the love of rabid monkies, don't count as stacking. The ONLY stacking we have a rule against is clan stacking. Thank you, drive through.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

June 02, 2004, 03:25:42 PM
Reply #13

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
[talk of stax]
and most admins agree:
ncr stacking gives the other team an unfair advantage :p

well, the aliens have a new toy and we like toys ... meh, give it a week or two or ten
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 03:25:59 PM by Black Mage »

June 02, 2004, 03:54:15 PM
Reply #14

Hida Tsuzua

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
My guess is that everyone has bad days when they are totally nub and that's what everyone remembers.  Sort of like me forgetting the weld spot for the wall on tanith causing the marine shotty rush to utterly fail (it used to the wall serious!).  If I was "NSPlayra" or "Smartbomb" or something, people would be complaining about all the noobs invading LM when they are already here.

Also I end doing lots of "waypoint ramboing" as well.  I blame rfks as it makes the "suicidally following orders like the RTS grunt you are" strategy self-defeating.  But that’s a rant for another day.  :p

Lamarck's Heir
Thanks to Dubbilex for the sig and Pjofsky for hosting!

June 02, 2004, 04:24:38 PM
Reply #15

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I only follow orders if i know the comm or if it's a hive assualt. Otherwise i just run around doing my own thing. You may be like omfg rambo bastard but i do a lot of damage to the aliens by randomly harassing and i know where to harass and i know what needs to be done and when. That's the glory of being a commander too :)

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

June 02, 2004, 06:56:54 PM
Reply #16

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yes but once almost EVERY marine does it. It runs the game. Dont do it, unless the comm tells you to, not because you know him/her or not.

June 02, 2004, 07:43:22 PM
Reply #17

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
when i play on the rines and one of the well known rs holding coms is around i seem like i'm the only one really following orders, but that is due basically to the fact that a majority of the rsers are on the aliens.

it is just annoying being the only one trying to get a choke point for the comm only to be eatten by 4 skulks while you are building since no one is around to cover you.  if this happens it doesn't help to complain cause the random pubber won't know what you were talking about.  this is especially pointless banter when the random pubber is a vet who thinks he knows what is best for the team by spawnkilling the aliens.

/rant
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

June 02, 2004, 08:01:02 PM
Reply #18

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
it seems LB should enforce a "Take Ritalin before entering the server" policy  <_<
cause there's more A.D.D and A.D.H.D on the marine team. then there is in my school.. which is pretty sad.
Ritalin is a sedative, usually used on kids when the parents don't want to deal with any attitude at all, and in some rare cases its actually used on kids who have actual over-active attitudes. If you gave a kid who has A.D.D. some Ritalin, you'd end up with a sluggish kid who can't pay attention for half a minute.

June 02, 2004, 08:57:48 PM
Reply #19

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I like when people yell at ME about stacking a team... christ... ME. I'm a handicap to the team :(