Author Topic: Whats The Best Pci Graphics Card I Can Get..  (Read 3493 times)

August 24, 2004, 12:45:11 PM
Reply #20

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Dev, if you really want a good mobo and video card, just wait until the end of the year. By then, the new motherboards will be out along with the new video cards. The new video cards will push the prices of the current top of the line cards down. You can use the money you save on the video card to buy a pimped out motherboard and processor (with some extra money of course that you will still need :p).

EDIT: Bad spelling mistake.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 12:46:02 PM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

August 24, 2004, 02:01:40 PM
Reply #21

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Uh, if PCI can get faster then AGP for graphics cards... what's stopping AGP from getting even faster then PCI?
[snapback]27220[/snapback]
PCI-X has about twice the amount of transfer jumpers, the hard limit for the AGP is the maximum amount of peices of metal they can put into the slot to allow data transfer between the card and the mobo.  PCI slots are just bigger.  Although cards still haven't quite reached the limitations on 8x AGP yet, it won't be long before the PCI-X slots are acctually needed, because the AGP slot just can't facititate enough data movement.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 25, 2004, 10:03:12 AM
Reply #22

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Uh, if PCI can get faster then AGP for graphics cards... what's stopping AGP from getting even faster then PCI?
[snapback]27220[/snapback]
PCI-X has about twice the amount of transfer jumpers, the hard limit for the AGP is the maximum amount of peices of metal they can put into the slot to allow data transfer between the card and the mobo.  PCI slots are just bigger.  Although cards still haven't quite reached the limitations on 8x AGP yet, it won't be long before the PCI-X slots are acctually needed, because the AGP slot just can't facititate enough data movement.
[snapback]27229[/snapback]

eggscellent explanation sir :)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman