Author Topic: Whats The Deal With Fo0l  (Read 1689 times)

April 30, 2004, 05:39:43 PM
Read 1689 times

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, it all started out months ago.....

I was getting a bit tired of the current build of ns and taking a short break from it. Then my brother got a nice new phat comp, except for the fact that his two sticks of 512 didnt work! Now he suggested that I switch my 256 with his 512(both DDR) and I gladly accepted. I tried out the stick and the power didnt even work, I thought "oh shat now my powersupply is fried) so I went and got another one. I got a new powersupply and it had the same problem, so I put the old one back in(luckily I needed a spare one anyways, comp for sister) and tried switching the ram to another slot. Bam it worked. I shut it down and moved it back into its place and hooked it all back up only to find that once I put it back I didnt get any picture! So me and my bro put my video card into his to see if that was the problem, well it worked fine. Tried switching the ram back to its other slot and instead of the power not working it had the same problem. So I tried unplugging and re-plugging in everything. Put the card back in and took it out, wiggled it, still nothing. So I thought "oh shat, my AGP slot broke since I had this happen to a PCI slot on another board -_-". So I tried every week to get it to work but no luck. I browsed for new motherboards for awhile and found a nice phat A7N8X-E DELUXE. 6 usb slots, 2 lans, better than my other built in sound, nice board if you ask me :D. So my board arrived and I took out my K7S5A and put in my nice shiny new board. Connected it all and bam, no picture. So now I'm thinking "wtf did I forget to plug something in?" so I decided to sleep on it. The next day I thought all day "hrmm maybe its that ram...." so when I get home I switch this nice phat 512 for my old 256 and bam, works like a charm. Then when I took that stick out I read it and it says "ECC" so I go "O:, no ******* wonder -_-, shouldnt work in mine or my bros comp" so whoever sold that stick to my bro was a LAIR.

This has reminded me to always read everything carefully, otherwise I go through pain..... but I was gonna upgrade to basically the exact same board sooner or later, and I needed another power supply... and I did have a nice break from my comp.... meh it all works out fine.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 30, 2004, 06:00:05 PM
Reply #1

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Nice with a happy ending, tough i didn't understand much of it  ^_^
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

April 30, 2004, 06:04:12 PM
Reply #2

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Wait... wait, go back to the beggining. Who's this Fo0L you speak of?  :lol:

Glad everythings working now, it's just not the same without the HAFHAF spammage ^_^

April 30, 2004, 08:35:42 PM
Reply #3

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hafaf, true dat, and I forgot to add "and for all the nubs who dont know who the hell fo0l is, he is the guy who used to spam irc and play ns 24/7 adminning with not enough aboos olo" :D

I reveal penis I know psychology.

May 01, 2004, 01:36:48 PM
Reply #4

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
olo fewpid nublin  <3