Author Topic: Stop Hacking On The Damn Cs Server  (Read 4060 times)

April 16, 2004, 05:31:51 PM
Read 4060 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, I'm not naming any names, but I was playing earlier today and saw someone run facefirst into a wall, stare at it, then fire a clip into the wall, reload, then hop around the corner and kill someone who was standing on the other side in that place.

According to JHunz he got pistoled down to 30 health on militia shortly after the match began, through a wall.

Seriously, stop it. This is your first, and only warning. Maybe you have CS hacks you never turned off. Maybe you think you're 'cool'. I don't care what it is, stop them now. Unless you want me to start spectating, and I will do it, and just like in Lunixmonster, we do NOT hold back punishments just because you're a reserved slotter. If I find you hacking I'll ban you, plain and simple. If you're acting suspicious such as jacked gamma (Running into a pitch black room, killing someone stationary in the corner, and running back out), then... that's just lame.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 06:39:06 PM by Uranium - 235 »

April 16, 2004, 06:06:25 PM
Reply #1

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
The gamma could easily be chalked up to a difference between your monitor and his - your monitor could simply be darker.  But as a person who's played CS rather liberally in the past, I can say that such behavior isn't all too suspicious - a good player begins to be able to recognize if something's subtly wrong with a certain part of the map (i.e the darkness being darker than usual - the map lighting won't change between times that one plays, so such things are more noticable)  In conclusion, there is no spot on any official map that is so dark that one would need to boost gamma - gamma isn't a large part of counterstrike in that way that it is in NS, any way you slice it.  I'm not saying there was no tweakery involved - I'm just saying that there is a very good chance that there there was no tweakery involved.  Just my two cents....

Now regarding the militia hax - I wasn't there and therefore cannot complain about your prognosis.

But seeing anyone use hacks or exploits of any kind would sorely disappoint me - I expect better from the people that populate our humble abode on the cold, dark internet.  If I see someone acting suspiciously in such a way, I sure won't miss them when they're banned no matter how long I've known them for.

Keep it clean and keep it fun - that's all one can ask for :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 06:07:26 PM by Dubb »

April 16, 2004, 06:37:11 PM
Reply #2

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I was probably there, at least I played militia on LM today. ButI had 700 ping so I ran away from the server quick  ;).
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

April 17, 2004, 02:39:42 PM
Reply #3

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
what caused that horrible ping?

April 17, 2004, 04:31:17 PM
Reply #4

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
sorry for using my DieAlotHax, LB ok'ed it for NS, i thought it'd be ok to use on CS :(
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 18, 2004, 11:50:57 AM
Reply #5

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
Now regarding the militia hax - I wasn't there and therefore cannot complain about your prognosis.
prognosis
diagnosis

this has been bm reminding you that big words are evil and that hacking on a server that you do not own is stupid

April 18, 2004, 12:06:14 PM
Reply #6

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Anyone who is found to be hacking on the CS server will be treated with no leniency whatsoever.  I have not discussed it with LB at this point, but if one of you is caught hacking I'd imagine you will be banned from the NS server as well.
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

April 18, 2004, 12:39:27 PM
Reply #7

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
prognosis
diagnosis

this has been bm reminding you that big words are evil and that hacking on a server that you do not own is stupid
would "ultimatum" be a better word for your grammarhax?  :rolleyes: