Author Topic: For Bob  (Read 2661 times)

April 06, 2004, 12:34:35 PM
Read 2661 times

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
A question about mice

Does the type of driver I use seriously affect the performance of my wireless mouse? Should the DPI or anything matter in everyday gaming? I'm using Microsoft PS2 mouse drivers for my Logitech MX300 right now, and when upping sensitivity in HL I get the problem that there seems to be a minimum amount of movement any turn makes (becoming bigger the higher the sensitivity).

Naturally I'd assume its the limit of my dexterity, but the size of that minimal movement seems oddly regular, leading me to believe it might be a technical issue. Any hints? Should I install different drivers for any reason?

April 06, 2004, 12:41:36 PM
Reply #1

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
I wouldn't think it would matter, but now that you mention it, I've noticed the same effect recently when playing with higher sensitivity set. It feels like I'm going in preset 'clicks' as I turn, making it hell to aim at bouncing skulks. (although at least I can turn around without having to go over my mousepad twice now)

I'll have to play with various drivers for my mouse tonight and see if there's any effect.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck