Author Topic: Gorge's Guide To World Domination  (Read 3179 times)

March 22, 2004, 10:31:51 PM
Read 3179 times

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
foreword: i wrote this really late at night and its supposed to be a pure joke, so please treat it as one :), i stole the idea from a post about healers in another game, and thought this would be humorous, so i took a shot.

Chapter 1. Combat

A) How should I spend my 9 points?

Well, you obviously need to spend 1 on gorge, so 8 to go. 1 for bile bomb, and 1 for web, 6 to go, question those and just stop reading.  next you need adren and regen to be able to attempt to be useful, so 4 to go. now you can get celerity, if you want world domination you gotta be able to get places, after all.  next comes focus, damage = overtake your opponents.  3 points to go, you can get scent of fear if you aren't wallhacking, it helps to know where to web up before the marines get there.  2 points left, you get carapace because living longer only hurts your opponents. the last point is your choice, deem it on the situation. i'd suggest cloaking, for reasons to come.

B) What about classic NS?

you're going to want adrenaline, regen, and focus.  these allow you to recover from any stray bullets that may go your way (hey, people miss the onos sometimes.) and you can web up easily and spit.

Chapter 2: Levelling Up

So you finally hit level 2, and you're a gorge, or you just spent your 10 res and now are the pudgy one.

Betya think World Domination starts now, eh?

WRONG!

The next 4 or so levels will be really tough, but play it out. you are going to dominate the world, after all. if its classic ns, let the domination begin by dropping some dcs.

So you got your upgrades, and are happy, World Domination time?

WRONG!

World Domination won't start for a while, these things take time.

A) How do I get by?

basically you have to whore yourself out and try to steal kills or leach exp in exchange for some healspray. cloaking also helps, as you can leech better, but this is best for combat.

B) Should I drop ocs?

YES. more damage = more domination = more res = good.

Chaper 3: Knowing all

World domination requires you're a smart one, and can predict your opponents. SoF helps with this. knowing how to focus spit then healspray then spit again also comes in handy.  following an onos in combat or something equally destructive for exp is good as well, dropping well setup ocs in classic can be dominating. at first you will die, often. a lot. but you'll learn from these deaths, and eventually becoming all knowing.

Chapter 4: Tic Tacs (or tactics, for you dominationless people)

Heres where the domination really prevails. to dominate you must learn various skills: focus spit then spray, web while in combat, and dancing around your ocs.  keep your opponent webbed and he can't do anything against you but stare. also, remember to always S.K.I.P., suprise keeps it perfect. don't get caught off guard, or your dead meat. always have the upper hand, and you will dominate.

one opponent: web twice, spit, web, spit spray, web and so on till he dies. if its a HA, web it a few times and run like hell because you won't win alone unless he's hurt. jetpackers are your folly, as they think they have godmode but fall instantly to webs. if they have a grenade(launcher or hand) try to get them to waste the ammo then web them down and you win.

multiple opponents: world domination requires lots of work, you're going to have to web a lot here, and just healspray since it hits everyone in front of you. skill is what prevails here, and you'll need a lot of it.

Chapter 4: Cheating and Dirty Tricks

know how annoying web is? make sure you abuse it. a lot. always. put them on the floor where people won't see them and take control. setup trap areas, but change them every now and then.

a. you remember bile bomb? well you can web the marine guarding base and take down his armory. that'll get him really angry, loss of his amoury(spelling intended)

b. cloaking is like a free get away, remember to have a key bound to walk so you can avoid people while you regen, perhaps consider silence over celerity for this.

c. kill everything. level one, vanilla marine, friendly or not. they are worth something no matter what level you are. if you're level 10 in combat, kill them even more, just for the sheer domination, after all you're trying to dominate the world.

I know, World Domination sounds like a lot of work. IT IS, but if you find that a bit too daunting....perhaps you should try res whoring for onos?

March 22, 2004, 10:39:00 PM
Reply #1

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
i can see you have lots of time on your hands  ;)

how bout a lerk guide now  ^_^
-_^

March 22, 2004, 11:16:33 PM
Reply #2

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Classic NS, the upgrades depend on what I'm doing. If I'm hiding behind the scenes, I prefer celerity, scent of fear, and redemption for those just-in-case instances with rambos. For the gorge infiltrating enemy lines, silence, cloaking, and regen are for me so I can drop sens chams and offense chams in crucial locations.

If I gorge it up in combat, I prefer to gain a few levels as a skulk until I can become at least adren gorge if the hive really needs healing, but usually I'd like to level to get adren and next ability x2 for my gorge self.

March 23, 2004, 09:19:04 AM
Reply #3

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
I prefer upgrading Regen, Aden, and cloaking for te sneaky fatty.

Arnold, Win? But he's still.... Only human

March 23, 2004, 09:35:20 AM
Reply #4

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
bm's guide to WORLD DOMINASHUN!
needs: 2 hives, dc + mc (sensory can replace either but it's easier with those)
regen + celerity

place some 'evil' oc's around corners and in ribbed hallways. make sure that their fields of fire overlap and that they are not easily visible until they begin firing.

spit at marine(s)

'run away' towards hallway

duck, regen. then help your oc's with spit/spray

laugh, heal, rinse, repeat
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 09:35:50 AM by Black Mage »

March 23, 2004, 11:02:40 AM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
tis a nice guide

gorges will take over the world  :ph34r:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

March 23, 2004, 12:33:49 PM
Reply #6

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
hmm, i happened to be browsing stuff on THE INTRAWEB and found this..

http://www.ausns.org/downloads.php
( go to bottom of page and dl the gorgerush movie )

funniest thing ever  ^_^
-_^

March 23, 2004, 04:56:48 PM
Reply #7

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i will now call your attention to a post i made a while ago in this thread:

link

FELLOW GORGES UNITE!

March 23, 2004, 06:55:36 PM
Reply #8

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
now, why do all of that when u could easily just somehow h4x admin op, and turn on SV cheats, type givexp get to lvl 10 in a matter of seconds, then get every upgrade u can as gorge, then just give weapon_devour. then bind a key to give team_hive, block off all MS corridors and escapes. then eat all the marines!!11112111111111211113wtf?11111!!

March 23, 2004, 09:27:41 PM
Reply #9

ShootBang

• Skulk

• View Profile
yes, we must have all us cool people on aliums and get with the gorge rushing!!

Arnold, Win? But he's still.... Only human

March 23, 2004, 11:18:26 PM
Reply #10

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
Try Redemption for the early game Gorge - since he often can't get away from dangerous spots, or being in those dangerous spots you can't escape from is the most rewarding, regeneration doesn't do much. Sure you'll take another bullet, but face it - 6 spits into a level 0 marine is quite a bit. By the time you have your first DC, its probably a level 1 armor 'rine anyway (+2 spits, up to 11 for level 3). Remember Redemption isn't perfect - you need to dodge a few shots, dance around some solid objects or in some other way slow down the rate of damage a bit, but as long as you do that it rarely fails (and thats just so much better than having to get away ^^).

Next, sometimes you want to skip RTs when your team is putting up 1-2 already and get up OCs in vital spots instead - being at a single OC and healspraying it can hold off 3-4 marines from a key point. Often you'll be able to kill them as they try to rush you. It also makes any Skulks in the area more effective, to the point where the marines unless they get very decisive won't take that spot :)

March 24, 2004, 02:52:21 AM
Reply #11

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
I know redemption is what I get as gorge in a REAL ns game... it only saves me about 25% of the time... but that's probably 15% more frequently than regen or cara saves a gorge...

saltz was bein' quite an effective battlegorge tonight =P was sure whippin' my acid rocket fade's bum... v_v

March 24, 2004, 05:29:39 AM
Reply #12

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
That was so much fun in the earlygame, going 2:1 KD as a Redem/Celerity Gorge :)

And later webbing them up for your AR of doom. Figured out some nifty tricks to stop JPers with web too - without static webbing. Just too bad thats all useless in classic.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 05:30:27 AM by SaltzBad »

March 24, 2004, 08:55:14 AM
Reply #13

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Redemption is probably the best upgrade for a Gorge on the move - it can save his cute little Gorge hiney. I can't speak for 3.0, but in 2.x I've had the experience that a Gorge makes marines blind to skulks and OCs. Meaning that if you're hiding behind two OCs and a rine comes by, he'll blindly charge, ignoring your OCs in a foolhardy attempt to kill you. If you do your job well and dance around your chambers, they'll easily take him down, but you can't heal yourself of the minor wounds you sustained. Two or three rines later you'll have to abandon your post to go heal up, and in the meanwhile your OCs get taken down. It's in situations like these, where you're trying to hold a chokepoint, that you'll want regen over redemption.

March 24, 2004, 02:27:12 PM
Reply #14

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
Spend on a DC. Any decent 'rine will be able to deplete a gorges HP with pistol+LMG anyway, just most can't do it fast enough for Redemption.