Author Topic: ns_fo0l(olo!)  (Read 5354 times)

December 04, 2004, 02:04:59 PM
Read 5354 times

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I drew up some concepts awhile back, my first concept is just your basic map but with more zig zagged halls to encourage ambushes in specific areas while encouraging rushing in others.
The second concept is an idea of a centralized Marine Start. Now, you may think that a central MS would be all "omj all hives r sux now D:D:" but my idea is that with a centralized MS, you relocating would be a *bad* idea. To prevent turtling, a hallway underneath the MS that's entrance is at opposite sides of the map could be filled with DCs and SCs. Very long hallways that cross each other without easily getting to the adjacent hallway. If this concept is viable(not too big), would be very interesting to see how this would work, also how strong jetpacks would be in it, considering the vents I drew in.
All vents which apppear to be major shortcuts should be created high, as in, more than two packs of mines to ladder into.

If anyone wants to attempt to map these out, they can clean it up by adding in their own touch :D.
First Concept
Second Concept
If the links don't work, copy and paste into browser, too lazy to get a real image host and don't want to whore LM's bandwith :D. Attached images because LB wanted me to waste bandwith(olo just kidding :D)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 02:11:54 PM by StUpId_Fo0L »

I reveal penis I know psychology.

December 04, 2004, 09:48:59 PM
Reply #1

blasify wagiity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://
That has to be the ugliest writing I have ever seen.

Interesting concepts though :p

December 04, 2004, 11:34:22 PM
Reply #2

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Rulers are your friend Fewpid. Looks interesting, I must say. For the central ms one, it seems the marines' could stop alien advancement easily by putting af tf in a couple of areas.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 05, 2004, 06:24:17 AM
Reply #3

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
wabbit, you should see mine, and you think i type like butt...

fewl: first layout haivs are very very close together.. particularly the center and top left ones. the top left hive has a weldable that could be ceom an undefnaadable siege spot. so does teh center, it also may suffer fromt eh same sdiease taht lost used to the built through the walls pg.

the ms in teh center is very hard to balence.
some of teh hive suffer from powersilo sydrom the huge long ahllway nearby that spells doom. looking at eh east side of the norht hive. further, the rtplacement round teh ms give the marines extremely easy access to 4 rts. which might be a slight problem.

i have only 4  hours of sleep so im going back to bed if and when i get around to it i will edit this with soomem more suggestions.

HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

December 05, 2004, 11:32:01 PM
Reply #4

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Lolol yeah it is pretty messy, was running out of space so I had to smash things together :D. The long hallway is intended to be flooded with debris all over the place, which would make it unlike the hallway to generator hive on caged. Nothing is really to scale on my drawings, hence the rooms being misshaped and angular :D. The first layout I drew was just to see if I could actually get something down on paper, I was originally not going to have an RT inbetween the two hives, which is why they are so close together. The second concept with a centralized MS I was trying to draw something with a lot of hallways that are long with quite a few turns to slow down the marines yet to give the aliens an edge have vents linking said hallways up.
The inter-crossing hallways, as in, one above and one below, is what I would really like more maps to do. I mean you wouldn't have to worry about building in it or not because vents do the same thing, and you don't really want to be building in a vent unless you're mrbill :p. Wouldn't have to have them follow the same areas either, just cut across each other without actually connecting to create a shortcut without shortening the distance out too much. In my concept, it's more of a "you go this way or you go back." Phasegates would probably be required and heavies probably wouldn't "march on the hive" ever. Shotgun rushes would also be much harder, especially if the "find hive without seeing it" is ever fixed.

I'll redraw these/clean up/refine these when I get some time, especially since everything is way out of proportion and space is horrible and everything is squared. Also a few things that should be moved.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

December 06, 2004, 11:20:20 AM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
olo fewpid got 10/16 on the first page, and an A on the assignment that is the back of the second page  :blink:

fewpids handwriting looks like mine, but better  :(  <_<

the centralized MS map is a decent idea, however some choke points would have to be addressed.

MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

December 06, 2004, 11:47:32 AM
Reply #6

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
the centralized MS map is a decent idea, however some choke points would have to be addressed.
[snapback]35368[/snapback]
Yup, or turrets would actually be ftw on this map. :lol:
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 07, 2004, 09:34:27 AM
Reply #7

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Too many hallways. Good maps are made up of rooms, with hallways being as short and uneeded as possible.

Some of the official maps actually add some interesting architecture, and turn their hallways into rooms of sorts.

December 08, 2004, 05:25:12 PM
Reply #8

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
What's that blue stuff on the paper. Looks like ..... (I cannot say)