Welcome to the rules thread for our game servers. This will be split into sections, the first section applies to any game we host, then there will be subsections.General Rules:
Natural Selection 2:
- Always respect your fellow player. We're here to kill stress and have fun, not have stress and kill fun.
- Avoid stacking teams. We understand if you want to play with friends, but try and keep the teams from being lopsided or the server might do it for you. This rule especially applies to organized clans/groups. If you are really good and are flat out topping the scoreboards and carrying your team, consider toning down your game or finding another server.
- Spawncamping is not allowed.
- Trollish behavior which seeks to cause trouble by merely skirting the rules or pushing the limits of rules and staff is not welcome here. AKA: Don't be a llama (in 2003 terms). Commonly known as griefing or llama-ish behavior, playing in a way to degrade the gameplay of those around you. This can be smurfing with the intent to harass, not cooperating, spamming communications, or generally being more of a curse than a help.
- Do not abuse friendly fire, if applicable.
- Over the top advertising is not permitted.
- Cheating or abusing exploits will result in a permanent ban. No exceptions.
- AFK Players will generally be autokicked within five minutes.
- Do not spam chat or voice communications.
Rule enforcement policy:
- This is a rookie friendly server. If you're new, we're here to help! With that said, avoid being the commander when a rookie unless your team encourages it for training purposes, just ask!
- Due to potential abuse, spectator mode is disabled except for staff or reserved slot holders.
- Do not F4 during the game to sit in the Ready Room just because you are losing. F4 is only acceptable to even out the teams.
- Mines are not allowed in an active or building hive.
- NS2 is about teamwork. Obey your commander, listen to your team, work together! Use common sense. Be an asset to your team, not a liability.
Due to the nature of the NS2 community, permanent bans will be handed out rarely. While actual enforcement will be up to the individual server admins, the general policy will be as follows:
- You'll be warned by an admin to stop doing whatever it is you're doing.
- You'll be kicked, or temp banned for 5-60 minutes to allow you to cool your heels.
- If you continue after that, we'll note you in a log and ban you for longer.
- Some offenses will result in a no questions asked permanent ban.
To dispute a ban or for abuse claims, please sign up for our forums and post your complaint in the PR Forum
Notice: these rules are in development, rules may be changed, added or removed at any time.