Author Topic: Game++  (Read 2780 times)

January 28, 2007, 12:45:21 PM
Read 2780 times

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Ever feel like playing something other than NS, but don't have anyone from the community to play it with? Well, that's where this thread comes in handy. I'll list the most commonly played (multiplayer) games we do besides NS, including a "Flavour of the Month Game", which is basically a game I don't expect to stick around longer than a month. And without further ado...

-------------

Hamachi
Japanese Hax!

A program that lets us connect to each other, network style! It's like being at a LAN, except without physically being there. Yes, this means we can use the "Local Area Network" function in games and still play with each other. We use it.

Please only connect to our hamachi networks if you have the game and plan on playing it via LAN with us. If it is necessary, another network will be created for X game (assuming enough LMers show interest).

Also, please do NOT join more than one network unless you're a designated host (PM me regarding getting yourself added to that list).

Hamachi Networks
Network Name: lm.wc3.5
Network Password: 42
Designated Hosts:
Zero7
holy_devil
Fewlio

Linky
Note: Please note that we are running version 1.0.2.2 (any version thereafter)

-------------

XBOX Live!
To quote rad4Christ... "Stalin' aLIVE!"

Got a Live account? Post and get yourself added to the list to easily find some friends.

LM Nubs ----- Live ID
rad4Christ ------ rad4Christ
Temm ---------- Effort Eater
Manta ---------- Ninjetic

Note: Post to get yourself added or removed to this list.

-------------

Wii!
r4C again: "Can't Wii Just Be Friends?"

Pretty much the same as above:

LM Nubs ----- Wii Code
None yet :(

Note: Post to get yourself added or removed to this list.

-------------

XFire
We All Like Getting Caught In It

Ripped from r4C's post
An alternative way to help everyone organize games and play together. Use it. Use it well.

Player Contact Info
IRC Name ----- XFire ID
rad4Christ ------- rad4Christ
2_of_8 ----------- twoofeight
Manta ------------ themanta
Legionnaired ---- legionnaired
Zero7 ------------ Zairo7
ANeM ------------ ANeM

-------------

Flavour of the Month
It'll never last!.. right?
This month's FOTM is...
SlaveHack

Synopsis
Browser-Based Hacking Sim. Though this hacking sim is as much a sim as Burnout is a racing sim. Seriously. I'll add more later. Just adding this while I wait for some nubs to start the wc3 game.

No Linky :(

Note: All LMers are AUTOMATICALLY added to a FOTM userlist. The only exception is when there's a lot of updating required (due to permadeath, etc.). If you wish to be removed from this list, please tell me.

-------------

WarCraft 3 - The Frozen Throne
Synopsis
Does this seem familiar to anyone?
You don't play WC3: TFT for the melee, you play it for the custom. Everyone is getting into WC3, it's just too bad there's a SERIOUS lack of good maps out there. But fear not! Our very own Zero7 (Me) and Holy_Devil (h4x0r) are working on making an LM map. Too bad Zero7 is a lazy ass and can't figure out how outdoor terrain should look like out of a castle. Go bug Zero7/Fewlio/DHP! And give them words of encouragement :) Also, Please note that most of us play on the US EAST server.

Maps
Just to help you sort through the veritable pile of trash out there
TEAM VS TEAM:
Footmen Vs Grunts - Fun map, easy to learn, hard to master. May seem simple at first, but more than meets the eye. There's actually an ASSLOAD of teamwork needed in this. It's fun. Also looks like it'll become a staple for when we feel like competitive play.

Defense of the Ancients - Common map. Everyone who plays WC3 knows what this is. To those who don't, it's based off of Aeon of Strife from StarCraft. To those who STILL don't know. It's basically swarms of lil' dudes and you control a hero. Think.. Dynasty Warriors.

Enfos Team Survival - Staple map to our play. Mobs spawn in 2 places for each team. Goal is to survive longer than the other team. A LOT harder than it sounds. Has more teamwork than one would think, too.

DEFENSE/SURVIVAL/EVERYTHING ELSE
Eve of the Apocalypse : Exodus - One of the greatest defense maps ever made, IMO. The LM WC3 map is based off of this style, so learn it well. Requires excellent team coordination and a computer that can handle 23984720398473098573045345 units doing things at the same time.

(All Those Zombie Maps) - Feel like killing zombies? Good, Zero7 does all the time. Play a zombie map with him! They're hard as hell and require patience, but he just found a new map that's actually FUN. Go him! Note: They're like the "popular" S3 Survival/Infiltration series. Kinda.

Player Contact Info
IRC Name ----- WC3 Game Name
Zero7 ---------------------- Zairo7
Holy_Devil ----------------- holy.devil
Manta ---------------------- Outrage
Isamil ---------------------- Isamil
bacon_flaps --------------- baconflaps
LokeTheSleekPeruvian --- TheSleek
Nooblet --------------------- XxNoobletxX
*DHP ------------------------ Nukaen
*IntensityRising ----------- duherman
*Vinegar_Ninja ------------ Vinegar Ninja

Note: * Denotes players who "prefer" US WEST/EU Servers.

-------------

World of Warcraft
Synopsis
Yes, it's THAT kind of game...
Warcraft. As an MMO, what could possibly be better? Well... if you MUST ask, then I must answer with the following: Female Night Elves.  <3. Seriously though, this is actually a decent MMO. Blizzard gets it "right" with it's first release. Kudos. Choose between Horde (Orc, Tauren, Undead, Troll) and Alliance (Human, Gnome, Dwarf, Night Elf). Surprising, lots of LMers play this, as well as people from the entire NS community, we're just spread out over 20394820394 servers. =3

Please See This Thread For More Info.

-------------

Note: that all of the above games have a LOT more players than I what I listed. I only list people who give the "ok" as we don't want these poor folks being spammed by random people :) Exceptions to this are for games that aren't out yet.

-------------
Well, I got lazy halfway through this thread, I'll fix it with more games later.

Did I miss a game because I was a nub? Tell me and I'll add it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:27:47 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

January 28, 2007, 12:54:32 PM
Reply #1

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Updates: Game++ v0.1
Changes:
-cleaned up the original post
-deleted the topic and reposted. Too much effort to clean out the individual posts (sorry if this causes any inconvenience)
-added new section: XBOX Live
-added new section: Wii Friends
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!