Author Topic: Zen of Sudoku  (Read 4457 times)

June 21, 2006, 03:04:18 PM
Read 4457 times

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Since nobody here has posted it yet... have you guys seen Flayra's blog and what he's been up to lately???

I'm not sure how I feel... I guess I'm hoping that the game generates enough $$ to get ns back on track - but currently it's not the money that's needed it's a flipping site!!

Anyways, back to the game.  It played quite nice - similarely to bubblet or bejeweled or any of those popcap games.  Nothing to brag about but nice.  I wouldn't buy the game in general, but for the sheer part of supporting NS I'm pondering it (not that it's expensive).  But another part of me wants to boycott it for other reasons.

I also think it's funny that he's trying to start a sudoku community :p

June 23, 2006, 07:57:45 PM
Reply #1

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Eek.  Sudoku is not something I would have expected to be made into a video game.  Then again, I'm the kind of person that likes to do my math homework in my head or on paper, and avoiding the use of a calculator as much as possible.  I do sudoku the same way- bit by bit, and the fun comes from doing it yourself, and trying to read your own horrid handwriting in the little squares.

I'm crazy, I know.  But if this is what it takes to get UWE back on track, I guess it works.  Almost.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

June 23, 2006, 09:11:32 PM
Reply #2

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
As much as I don't care about NS anymore (I probably won't even play the source version if/when it comes, since it'll be the same broken crap :\ ), when I read what it was he made I did think it was a smart move to pick Sudoku. I've noticed here and there how it's becoming popular, and this could very well bring in a decent amount of cash if knowledge of it gets around.

June 24, 2006, 04:29:56 AM
Reply #3

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
It seems like an interesting idea, but I don't really think it will work. How is this any different than Constellation? A small price for something a little fancier than what we already could get online for free.

June 24, 2006, 08:39:22 PM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Me, I rarely do sudoku. And when I do, http://www.websudoku.com/ works nicely.

June 26, 2006, 12:15:44 AM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
As much as I don't care about NS anymore (I probably won't even play the source version if/when it comes, since it'll be the same broken crap :\ ), when I read what it was he made I did think it was a smart move to pick Sudoku. I've noticed here and there how it's becoming popular, and this could very well bring in a decent amount of cash if knowledge of it gets around.
[snapback]55943[/snapback]

ABS is sour squirting on NS for sure

just cause you used to be leet and then stopped cause it got lame doesn't mean you have to cap on NS

[edit]
whoops, completely forgot he was bitterpants, that explains it
[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:17:09 AM by That Annoying Kid »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

June 26, 2006, 12:36:25 AM
Reply #6

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
ABS is sour squirting on NS for sure

just cause you used to be leet and then stopped cause it got lame doesn't mean you have to cap on NS

[edit]
whoops, completely forgot he was bitterpants, that explains it
[/edit]
[snapback]55952[/snapback]
Psh. I was never leet at NS. I just found it became icky, and I'm not 'capping' on NS, it's the dev's fault. xP

July 06, 2006, 02:29:52 PM
Reply #7

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
you were decent, thats for damn sure
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 08, 2006, 05:49:32 AM
Reply #8

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I certainly think it's a little prejudiced when you think a future game's going to be crap despite not having seen a trace of it.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

July 09, 2006, 12:25:46 PM
Reply #9

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I certainly think it's a little prejudiced when you think a future game's going to be crap despite not having seen a trace of it.
[snapback]56020[/snapback]
Well, we can always say every game coming out of EA is crap.

I reveal penis I know psychology.