Author Topic: TES4:Oblivion  (Read 13554 times)

April 12, 2006, 02:52:03 PM
Reply #20

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
So who has a problem with not going out in the sun?  I don't do that anyway, in rl or in Oblivion.  Besides, if your vampire-ness rating is at 100, you get a +20 bonus to most of your stats, as well as crazy insane skill bonuses and some uber powers.  That, and I'm a thief.  It was the only way to go, and DAMN is the bow awesome now.
      Also, is there any way to stop the game from crashing?  I'm running on the bare minumum cpu requirements, and a 9600 video card (ATI Radeon).  It'll just lag out for a while, and then crash, with no error message at all.  Help?  I need my daily oblivion fix, and I can't get it like this. . .*sob*

Edit- grammar
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 02:52:26 PM by Kodiac »
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

April 12, 2006, 06:26:54 PM
Reply #21

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Don't tab out, don't let anything tab you out, don't run any unneeded programs in the background, if you have an HP printer you'll need to disable one of the processes of it hpcmpmgr I thinks. Also, I do most of my stuffs during the day, and don't like that burning, the little bonus is nice enough.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 13, 2006, 12:24:46 AM
Reply #22

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
how about posting about secrets and cool areas you found? screenshots of your characters etc!

April 13, 2006, 04:05:13 PM
Reply #23

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I don't know if theres many secrets to the game... theres just alot of random dungeons and castles, etc, to go grab loot in..

My chars have only been a swordie which i gimped so i made a new one, redguard are a pretty pimp race to be a sword + shield knight type of d00d, fun to play tooooo..

if anyone wants to look at my random screenies then here :)
moooooooooooo
-_^

April 18, 2006, 03:59:06 AM
Reply #24

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Yar.. got it the other day. So far I'm a level 8 (Holding off on level 9) Cat-man thief.
Though I should have probably gone as an Archer or something. I haven't stolen anything yet.. or murderated something =/
Though I did the same thing with fable. Played through as a nice guy, then murdered everyone. They never saw it coming.  >:D

Also.. can you only join a single guild? if so, is it possible to leave a guild once joined and join a different one? or is it the sort of a life contract?  :o
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:13:08 AM by ANeM »

April 18, 2006, 01:37:25 PM
Reply #25

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You can always level up your archer skill, you know, I didn't take lockpicking as a main skill but I'm up to 60 in it, same with acrobatics.

There is no guild limit, so far I've joined them all excluding the main quest related ones and the fighters guild.

April 19, 2006, 09:11:08 AM
Reply #26

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I've been playing this for a week now. Have started four chars in total, linking each one better than the previous. Now I'm playing a Spellrunner (Acrobatics, Alteration, Athletics, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, Restoration) and loving it.
I don't know how people can play with The Atronach birthsign. I mean sure, 50% spells absorption and 150 bonus magicka is nice, but the lack of regenerating magicka is something I would find crippling. And don't talk to me about being 50% immune to magic. As an Atronach, you have to LET yourself get hit by spells. I, on the other hand, can dodge them all day long. And it must be really tedius if your enemies refuse to cast spells on you.

April 19, 2006, 10:47:59 AM
Reply #27

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
it's just another one of those useless birthsigns...

like the one that makes you take more damage to fire.. who in their right mind would pick that?!
-_^

April 19, 2006, 01:19:12 PM
Reply #28

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I used Atronach and did very well.  All you need is a few mana potions and not completely rely on mana and you do fine.  I was a dark elf atronach, and for example all I had to do to get my mana back when inside a oblivion gate was let a fire tower shoot me.  BAM full mana.

Atronach is a little slow to start out with though- but that might be just because I was nub.  But now my character basically cant be hurt more than a little bit by magic.
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

April 19, 2006, 02:38:52 PM
Reply #29

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
So, atronach is good for non-pure casters, I'm guessing? Hell, my guy would work out much better if I went with it, just because magic is one of the only thing that ever causes a problem for me damage wise. I only use magic for small things also, like feather and healing and soul trap.

April 19, 2006, 07:32:25 PM
Reply #30

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I did have more potions than I could ever use though- due to 100 alchemy.  So whenever I needed mana, I'd drink a mana potion and be as good as new.
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

April 24, 2006, 07:30:55 PM
Reply #31

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
So, I have a question-

Is it wrong that I was approached by the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, and was a vampire before level 3?

Also, a tip for anyone trying to be a thief-  use a bow.  They are absolutely amazing.  It keeps you away from combat, meaning you need less health and thereby get more speed and agility.  Second, if you keep backing up, your enemies never catch you and you needn't worry about combat anyway.  Third, armor makes very little difference to a good thief.  You can wear full plate or a bathrobe, and even at apprentice of thief it makes no difference so long as you wear slippers or light shoes.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know if there are still werewolves hanging around?  I know about the vampires, and the Mythic Dawn, but what about werewolves?  Adn about the Mythic Dawn- is there any way to take the Mysterium Xerxes without actually stealing it, or is joining the side of the MYthic Dawn against the game's instincts?

Basically, I know you can join them, but you can't do anything for them because you have to take their sacred book.  Is there a way around that?

Has anyone gotten higher than listener in the dark brotherhood, or is that as high as you can go?  Cuz I want to displace the gods, it'd be amazing.

Last, why does Shadowmere look purple with red eyes?  It's really creepy.

[Shadowmere, for those who do not know, is the horse you get from the dark brotherhood]
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear

April 24, 2006, 10:05:44 PM
Reply #32

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Is it wrong that I was approached by the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, and was a vampire before level 3?
[snapback]55670[/snapback]
Sounds like good fun, the only way to play it! Please tell me you punch people also, because if you did I would give you two thumbs upĀ©!

May 03, 2006, 03:17:25 AM
Reply #33

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
I think im gonna buy this soon.  I asked my Fiancee' to get it for me, but she refused, citing her desire to see me, ever, and that she's buying me a bottle of Glenlivvit for my b-day...

Oh well, she has boobies, i can forgive her for not buyin' it.

I needa favor though, guys, can you tell me if my system is gonna run the game?

Pentium4 3.6 gHz
1 gig DDR 3200
Radeon 9700 /w 256 mb DDR

[Edit]: As a side note, I played a character in Morrowind that was a mean badass of angriness.  He had a full set of that black and red gear that roxxored so much, and the Daikatana that matched.  I killed lots of people.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:19:39 AM by Ulatoh »
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

May 03, 2006, 01:47:37 PM
Reply #34

Spectre X

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
(Quote from the TES4 site:)
recomended:
    *  3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    * 1 GB System RAM
    * ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card
Eww. 4.6 gig.
cards taken:
ATI 9500 and newer

NVidia 6200 and newer.

should work. blame them if it doesnt
http://www.oblivionportal.com/info/systemreq.php
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 01:48:26 PM by Spectre X »

May 03, 2006, 06:41:48 PM
Reply #35

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Will work, mine is lesser and works, see previous screenshots.

May 04, 2006, 02:21:26 PM
Reply #36

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Yup, same here.  I meet the bare minimum requirements, plus a tad bit better of a processor.  I play on 640x480 with EVERYTHING on low- it runs fairly well.  

And to all of you with better ocmputers-

Thhhhbbbbbppptttt!
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear

May 05, 2006, 02:11:23 PM
Reply #37

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Yeah.. I have an X800 and my processor is only 1.8ghz (Athlon XP2200+ I think) and I run everything on high with only a few problems with slow down =D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:11:58 PM by ANeM »

May 15, 2006, 04:05:50 PM
Reply #38

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Check this new ultra-low setting that comes with the patch.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 04:07:10 PM by StUpId_Fo0L »

May 15, 2006, 10:04:12 PM
Reply #39

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
60 fps!  :)