Author Topic: Duck's claim to fame  (Read 3664 times)

February 13, 2006, 10:45:36 AM
Read 3664 times

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
http://www.usolympicteam.com/26_1178.htm

Krissy Wendell - the USA women's hockey captain.  We lived kind of close together and we played softball & volleyball on the same team for a year or two in Jr. High & High School.  My Sophmore year of high school was the first year for women's hockey at my school... I wanted to play soooooo bad, but alas I wasn't able to try out.  My folks would have rathered me play basketball during the winter season (which I refused out of spite) and said hockey was too expensive - not to mention that I couldn't ice skate very well!  But how COOL would it have been to play with an olympian?!

I think she moved back to men's hockey after a year or so of women's anyways though - mens was just more skilled and faster paced (she grew up playing baseball & hockey with the guys).

I went to the olympics in salt lake and got to see her play - it's just so fun & neat to actually know someone (not that we're 'friends' now - but, you know...)

Here's hoping we get the gold - but it'll be tight against canada!

February 13, 2006, 02:56:40 PM
Reply #1

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah hockey is an expensive sport, not being able to skate never got in my way though :D.

Always fun to know someone who went somewhere with whatever it is that they were doing, wonder if they remember you?

I reveal penis I know psychology.

February 13, 2006, 11:54:37 PM
Reply #2

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
We beat italy 16-0 and then we beat russia by some other ungodly ammount (it was 9-0 at the end of the first period)...  This canadian team will decimate anything.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 14, 2006, 03:21:49 PM
Reply #3

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Canada - Russia 12-0
Yeah but it's women's hockey, and women doing such "manly" things like playing hockey has a lot more of a stigma in Russia than here in Canada. That's why there isn't a large enough pool of players to select from, and create a good team.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 15, 2006, 02:27:50 PM
Reply #4

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
IN SOVIET CANADA, RUSSIA PLAYS YOU! Wait a minute...

I reveal penis I know psychology.

February 19, 2006, 12:34:32 PM
Reply #5

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Yeah, so we’re out of the gold running.  Lost in a shootout to Sweden on Friday.  I was sad to see US lose, but it was heartwarming to see the underdog win (everyone just assumed Sweden wouldn’t stand a chance against US).

Here’s hoping we get Bronze, and I’m cheering on Canada for the Gold!

BTW fool – I found Krissy in the cyber world and emailed her…. We’ll see if she DOES remember :)

March 03, 2006, 07:13:19 PM
Reply #6

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
IN SOVIET CANADA, RUSSIA PLAYS YOU! Wait a minute...
[snapback]55321[/snapback]
rofl waffles there fewpid

^_^

no seriously, I found it funny
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.