Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution Controller  (Read 9191 times)

September 15, 2005, 09:20:10 PM
Read 9191 times

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

September 15, 2005, 10:15:38 PM
Reply #1

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Uh.. wtf.
They make what I consider the most confortable, natural feeling controller to date with the Gamecube, then go and throw it all away...
Exactly how is half a controller and a TV remote innovation?

I can't even imagine how they would expect one to play something like Metriod prime on that thing.

Edit: I just had to say that.. upon further inspection, it would appear they already have that mostly worked out. Curse you nintendo!
Though, they failed to mention how one might change weapons in the demonstration.. It was done by the c-stick on the gc, and that controller definitely does not have a c-stick..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 10:22:32 PM by ANeM »

September 15, 2005, 10:30:21 PM
Reply #2

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Also, as announced at E3, the Revolution will be backward-compatible with GameCube software, controllers and memory cards.

Despite the fact I probably won't buy a revolution, I'd have to say if I did I would just go buy a GC controller to use. :p

September 15, 2005, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #3

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Also, as announced at E3, the Revolution will be backward-compatible with GameCube software, controllers and memory cards.
[snapback]53565[/snapback]

That doesn't mean you will be able to use GC controllers to play Revolution games though.
I mean, look at the PS2. Its compatible with PS1 dual-shock controllers, but for most games they will not accept them, regardless of the fact that from the outside they look exactly the same. I understand Nintendo isn't sony and such, but at the same time, the jump from the GC to the revolution controller is pretty big compared to from the ps1 to the ps2 controller. I doubt the game developers will bother putting the time into making their games compatible with the GC controller.

September 15, 2005, 10:59:01 PM
Reply #4

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
My friend just showed me it, it looks like a vibrator to me. But the system looks awesome.

September 15, 2005, 11:10:06 PM
Reply #5

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
That is by far the WORST designed controller EVER made.

September 16, 2005, 07:09:36 AM
Reply #6

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
My friend just showed me it, it looks like a vibrator to me. But the system looks awesome.
[snapback]53567[/snapback]

im not going to ask...

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

September 16, 2005, 08:59:15 AM
Reply #7

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Not true, Leaderzorz. Not BY FAR, at least. It only managed to narrowly beat the N64 one.

September 16, 2005, 03:01:55 PM
Reply #8

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
That is by far the WORST designed controller EVER made.
[snapback]53568[/snapback]

i beg to differ

September 16, 2005, 05:34:20 PM
Reply #9

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I'd like to see first-person shooters using that.

Personally, I don't like the design. It's not because I fear change or anything; I think it's really innovative. I just don't think I'd like the feeling of waving my hand around in the air, as that's exactly what I hate about the way some people play console games. I just want to be comfortable and sit without having to move anything but my thumbs (and my feet, when I get up to get a drink).

Honestly, I'd just stick with a good, comfortable controller. In one piece.

September 17, 2005, 12:40:41 AM
Reply #10

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
New Info

Looks like it will also be able to function basically the exact same as the current GCN controller with some extra capabilities. Nintendo hasn't thrown sensibility completely out yet.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

September 17, 2005, 09:59:20 AM
Reply #11

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I love all you guys for just looking at the picture and going "omfg sucks lol nintendo sucks"

note: love may really be disgust at nerds being superficial when it comes to a ****ing console controller
signature

September 17, 2005, 12:12:28 PM
Reply #12

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, at least it isn't too hueg to use....

I reveal penis I know psychology.

September 17, 2005, 01:18:12 PM
Reply #13

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I love all you guys for just looking at the picture and going "omfg sucks lol nintendo sucks"

note: love may really be disgust at nerds being superficial when it comes to a ****ing console controller
[snapback]53593[/snapback]

fanboi

September 17, 2005, 07:38:35 PM
Reply #14

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Had you actually taken the time to read our replies, bacon, instead of flinging your sarcasm around like so much poo at the ape grotto, you'd have noticed that we were being slightly more sophisticated about our commentary than you seem to believe.

September 17, 2005, 10:54:35 PM
Reply #15

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
[snapback]53596[/snapback]

a hueg battleship 'xbox' is incoming!

on inspection of the article mentioned by mal:
the rev controller looks like a dc controller getting raped by a remote control
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 10:56:45 PM by Black Mage »

September 18, 2005, 10:16:53 AM
Reply #16

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]53596[/snapback]

a hueg battleship 'xbox' is incoming!

on inspection of the article mentioned by mal:
the rev controller looks like a dc controller getting raped by a remote control
[snapback]53600[/snapback]
True, but IGN said it was just their mock-up. Nintendo hasn't actually shown what the Rev controller will look like in the modified GCN yet (but it will exist).

EDIT: Was supposed to be hasn't. Ooops.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 02:52:53 PM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

September 18, 2005, 02:41:57 PM
Reply #17

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
Wow! The lack of imagination and plethora of idiocy on these forums never ceases to amaze me. If you took a moment to you know...think instead of say "lol sux lol!" maybe you'd see some potential here.

See the analogue joypad you can connect? Well thanks to that 'remote' being used for looking (point and look), they've just created a better system for FPS games than a keyboard and mouse . If any of you ****s actually read up on anything ever you'd hear about how intuitive it is to use and that it's simplicity is what's going to sell consoles.

God forbid anyone make anything that isn't the exact same as the competitors with minor shape differences.

Edit, it's really just leaderzorz and anem but you're all still ****s anyway.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 02:43:19 PM by @gentOrange »
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

September 18, 2005, 02:44:27 PM
Reply #18

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
Wow! The lack of imagination and plethora of idiocy on these forums never ceases to amaze me. If you took a moment to you know...think instead of say "lol sux lol!" maybe you'd see some potential here.

See the analogue joypad you can connect? Well thanks to that 'remote' being used for looking (point and look), they've just created a better system for FPS games than a keyboard and mouse . If any of you ****s actually read up on anything ever you'd hear about how intuitive it is to use and that it's simplicity is what's going to sell consoles.

God forbid anyone make anything that isn't the exact same as the competitors with minor shape differences.

Edit, it's really just leaderzorz and anem but you're all still ****s anyway.
[snapback]53608[/snapback]

QFT. the revolution will be nice

September 18, 2005, 02:49:55 PM
Reply #19

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Mostly just Leaderz0rz with the unjustified hating, but I've seen plenty of people dismissing it, both in real life and in other communities, just because it doesn't look like the "standard" controller.

I bet you guys don't remember when the NES came out with its gamepad, and people thought that it was stupid and the joystick with the bulky buttons was the way things would always be.

Yeah, well they sure were right, weren't they!
signature