Author Topic: its that time again  (Read 2753 times)

September 10, 2005, 11:18:52 AM
Read 2753 times

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
another video from holy :p

video on filefronT

i apologize in advanced for the quality, but it had to be royally killed so the filesize wasn't larger than is(its 117mb rar'd..) ~7m long. xvid codec

feel free to ask for explanations of any part.

the music i added to it does have some "foul language" or whatever you want to call it, but it isn't important to the video really, so you can just mute it and play your own(or if you dont like the music to begin with =p)

anyway the video is just a compilation of things about NS. aoe, chamber building, and misc other "fun" things i felt like throwing in.

NOTE:
i'm not saying "fix this or that" or anything by making this, just wanted to show what is possible. most of this is most likely exploitive(not sure on allt he rulings for it on lm, but im pretty sure some of it is) so attempt at your own risk etc ;p

as well, most of this may or may not have been done before, or been around for a while, whatever. just felt like videoing it myself  ;)

specific piece notes i want to add go here:

- for the gl piece, i "miss" the first four grenades(note i only take one hit of aoe damage, and barely damages me) then i fire directly into the cc, and you can see the result.

- gl vs hive piece, kinda crappy view but just to show what can be done :p hard to see the hive die in that quality, sorry.

- bb pieces, not exactly sure how to explain the aoe there, i dont fully understand it myself. more testing could explain it further, but you can kinda get the idea of the issue there.

- the water sharking part is on a custom co map, found that to be best to use :o you can do that in any hl mod, just easier to do in ns due to leap/blink(blink is harder to turn with than leap, at least for me[in the water])

- every jump piece is done with, at most, 4 mines. used an armory for via since i couldnt find a way to only use 2 mines to get into the vent without it[recycles for the full res anyway so]. it may be possible, but extremely hard and kinda beats the purpose of the jump(near impossible makes it useless imo)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 11:45:08 PM by holy_devil »

September 10, 2005, 12:00:39 PM
Reply #1

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg

September 14, 2005, 02:18:44 AM
Reply #2

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
2 mines
wasn't hard at all once I figured out the mine placement.  There's even LOTS of room for improvement there as I don't have nearly the airspeed I could off of either of those two jumps, and I could have gotten the second mine higher up then I did making for an easier vent entrance jump.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL