Author Topic: where is everyone?  (Read 6701 times)

August 31, 2005, 09:53:23 PM
Reply #20

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The game is continuously (sp) added to with new features almost every version... maybe balance or stuff like in 3.1... it all makes some fresh gameplay.
[snapback]53263[/snapback]

New features which are boring and retarded(meaning they wouldn't matter if they had or hadn't been implemented). Balance doesn't seem to make a difference when the NS devs in the past have balanced it as "the better skilled team wins" instead of balanced for your average retarded pub game(like with me playing and mrbill comming lololol). I'm not even gonna argue my side because I'm tired and can't remember things well when I'm tired, I will still insult NS though!

I reveal penis I know psychology.

September 06, 2005, 08:20:29 PM
Reply #21

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Wow.

Maybe this sort of iron-fist rule is what drives people away? Yeah, a label on a thread doesn't do much. But how you react to a suggestion to change it might.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

September 06, 2005, 11:23:07 PM
Reply #22

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Come to think of it... i really didn't mean that when i posted it (i must have been enthusiastic about ns then).  I honestly don't think 3.1 is going to do anything other than spur activity maybe for a few weeks then it will plummet again.

Yea that's exactly right fewl, their just adding glitter to an increasingly repetitive skill fest.  Honestly after playing 3.1 a few games it is still the same old game, same patterns, same things that have been done a million times before over and over.

I would really like to see the game slow down to what it used to be and bring back the theme of the game.

September 07, 2005, 12:23:12 AM
Reply #23

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Wow.

Maybe this sort of iron-fist rule is what drives people away? Yeah, a label on a thread doesn't do much. But how you react to a suggestion to change it might.
[snapback]53379[/snapback]

Well that topic is about changing the commands that like, only a few people use, and it's such a small change that discussion isn't really needed to figure out if LM should use amx prefixes instead of adminmod. I also don't think the ironfirst rule drives people away, because who really cares much about small issues that they aren't going to play on a server anymore? Big issues yes, that can cause some problems, but generally no matter which decision you make will be the wrong one in those cases and all of them require you to follow through with other decisions that are based off of that initial decision. It's like politics only for a game server, we should start Lunixmonster Political Parties, I am actually liking that idea.

Come to think of it... i really didn't mean that when i posted it (i must have been enthusiastic about ns then).  I honestly don't think 3.1 is going to do anything other than spur activity maybe for a few weeks then it will plummet again.

Yea that's exactly right fewl, their just adding glitter to an increasingly repetitive skill fest.  Honestly after playing 3.1 a few games it is still the same old game, same patterns, same things that have been done a million times before over and over.

I would really like to see the game slow down to what it used to be and bring back the theme of the game.
[snapback]53382[/snapback]

Well I don't think you can ever bring the old NS style of play back, you have to change it yet again to combine the old and new(again) for there to be any real chance. So, to fix it you need to go through the same process that broke it(without all the zomgdrama). Either way I'm still a bit burned out from NS in general, 1.04 was tough enough to play with six rounds going by from skulk rushes then marines turret farming.

September 07, 2005, 07:03:05 AM
Reply #24

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Politcial parties? Please tell me you're kidding.

September 07, 2005, 03:04:41 PM
Reply #25

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Partially, but we do so much arguing and the likes that it would only fit. Then we could classify where players stand based on their party lololol.

September 12, 2005, 01:28:42 PM
Reply #26

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I propose a Grand Army of the Repu.... Lunixmonster!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

September 14, 2005, 01:19:58 AM
Reply #27

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Wow.

[snapback]53379[/snapback]
Back in the old days of SF when knifa was still around the "NO" used to be big and in red.  Almost like "locked" on the NS forums.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL