Author Topic: Dead_Meat is officially awesome  (Read 5166 times)

June 03, 2005, 05:55:54 PM
Read 5166 times

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Game on ns_origin: Marines are pretty much going down, so we're pushing for Furnace, hoping that we can take at least one hive down. We're in a five-man train with shotguns.  Two fades start harrassing us from either side, but we eventually push into the Smelting Room, which has two lava pits with complementary lava falls.

We push into the main doorway, chasing down a fade - DM. He starts hitting us, but we fire in his back around two or three times. Half a shotgun blast clips him on the side as he blinks through the doorway, back into Smelting Room, so we chase him down. I get a shot on him, but he still doesn't go down.

Then, he jumps INTO a lava pit. He doesn't jump through the lava flow, he just up and jumps into the pit, like you'd dive into a pool. A second later, he pops right up, like something you'd see in a movie. I get one more shot on him, but he still doesn't die. He proceeds to blink away into the sunset.

I think DM is either awesome or lucky.

June 03, 2005, 06:05:28 PM
Reply #1

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
lol... its like in cartoons where the guy runs off a cliff, looks down then runs back onto the cliff.

That's happened to me before where i fall into pit as fade and i point back up and manage to get back on normal ground before i fall in (only works with adren though)

June 04, 2005, 07:06:25 AM
Reply #2

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
No, no... he fell into the actual lava. He was in there for almost a full second, and even if he hadn't touched the lava pit on the bottom (which doesn't instagib anymore for some reason), he would have been fried a bit by the lava flow.

June 04, 2005, 07:55:17 AM
Reply #3

Dead_Meat

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
i fell in and had to wait for my adren to build up a lil the got the heck outa there

when i started to run i wasnt really hurt i was just gonna ring a round the rosy around the lava falls trying to get the rines to seperate a lil and pick one off
but i fell into the lava and by the time i got outta that i was hurtin so i had to go heal up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 07:58:05 AM by Dead_Meat »

June 04, 2005, 08:05:05 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Dead_Meat is a pretty good Fade...

I'd say that I wish I was as good, but I don't. I prefer being an average Fade. This way I can go Fade and be useful to my team, but nobody goes "omg lolfighter is Fade, we win!" No moaning when I die, either. "omg lolfighter is dead! Fade down! WE LOSE!"

June 04, 2005, 08:27:54 AM
Reply #5

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
That wasn't even his fading ability... he fell into the lava and escaped.

June 04, 2005, 09:15:37 AM
Reply #6

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Sometimes the lava damage doesnt function :o

June 04, 2005, 10:49:50 AM
Reply #7

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
yeah i like it when that happens .. you can go swimming around for a while in the lava.. it takes a bit to kill higher lifeforms though... but i see what you mean.. damn hax0r fades >_>
-_^

June 04, 2005, 12:12:33 PM
Reply #8

LochNess

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
can you get a comm chair in that lava when its borked?  i sense a great comm spot  :cool:

June 04, 2005, 12:49:43 PM
Reply #9

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I think that would still be stopped by the no-building-in-liquid rescrition :p

June 04, 2005, 12:59:19 PM
Reply #10

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I think that would still be stopped by the no-building-in-liquid rescrition :p
[snapback]50261[/snapback]
Unless... that entity too is killed by AdminMod!
:)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

June 04, 2005, 01:30:51 PM
Reply #11

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Except it's not an entity, it is worldwater generated by the engine due to the name of the texture :p Only time you ever see entitywater in NS is when there is a weldable that drains said water, such as on agora at sewer hive.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 01:31:09 PM by A Boojum Snark »

June 04, 2005, 02:34:21 PM
Reply #12

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Dead Meat > Anakin Skywalker
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

June 05, 2005, 02:34:56 AM
Reply #13