Author Topic: Current MvA Win/Loss stats  (Read 15760 times)

April 04, 2005, 07:35:15 PM
Reply #20

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Well, less blaming you grunts, and more unbalanced gg....
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

April 04, 2005, 07:55:07 PM
Reply #21

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Well, less blaming you grunts, and more unbalanced gg....
[snapback]45434[/snapback]

Who knows? Maybe the grunts always suck :D
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 04, 2005, 08:03:56 PM
Reply #22

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
It usually seems for me that I'm on the team that loses. :) I don't think it has anything to do with me sucking at the game. :rolleyes:

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

April 04, 2005, 08:57:21 PM
Reply #23

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
It seems that teamkill favors aliens.. since marines shoot eachother more than aliens bite eachother, and aliens can attack their own hive to movement to it. Perhaps you ought to find or create a mod that doesn't let aliens attack their hive?

Then again aliens do seem to work as a team way more on this server than any other I have played on.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 09:00:41 PM by Goldy »
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

April 04, 2005, 09:04:09 PM
Reply #24

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
ns_hera Marines:10 Aliens: 86... jesus

April 04, 2005, 09:04:50 PM
Reply #25

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Perhaps you ought to find or create a mod that doesn't let aliens attack their hive?
[snapback]45446[/snapback]

Wow, that would severily underpower the aliens. MCing to hives, especially unbuilt, is one of the most valuable strategies used when Aliens go MC first, or second. Without this, the aliens would have to run between the hives, often taking ~30 seconds... The game isn't that unbalanced; I'd say that a few simple changes can fix it.
Well, for now at least. I'm not talking about broken hitboxes or other major problems here.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 09:05:12 PM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 04, 2005, 10:40:37 PM
Reply #26

Eggman

• Lerker

• View Profile
Hmm... I don't know about that 2/8... the aliens are still plenty good without FF on to attack hives... you just have to scout and keep people near the building hives... that seems pretty normal to me.
"Everything in life is simple. You just have to figure it out first" - Me

April 05, 2005, 12:05:22 AM
Reply #27

Absinthe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
The "new" hera is rather ridiculous though, noone should be surprised. You have to actually be INSIDE the hive to seige the damn thing for all 3 pretty much. In a pub, you need seige because people have a hard time shooting aliens / hive in an organized fashion.. so any map where they make that hard, it basically becomes hopeless for the comm.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

April 05, 2005, 05:07:05 AM
Reply #28

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
The "new" hera is rather ridiculous though, noone should be surprised. You have to actually be INSIDE the hive to seige the damn thing for all 3 pretty much. In a pub, you need seige because people have a hard time shooting aliens / hive in an organized fashion.. so any map where they make that hard, it basically becomes hopeless for the comm.
[snapback]45473[/snapback]
Seige from processing FTW!

Are we all ready to suck it up and realise that 3.0f isn't balanced yet?  This represents a fairly high level skill pub game, and our W/L is still quite stacked for aliens.  At the delta clan play level the alien win percentage was ~80%, and from what I here, low skill pubs tend to be stacked for aliens.  Teamwork is all fine and dandy, but a team shouldn't be dependent on teamwork to give them the slightest CHANCE at a win when the other team can counter them with teamwork just as effecively, and will most likely win the game anyways even if most of them use little or no teamwork.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

April 05, 2005, 05:51:35 AM
Reply #29

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
even if the stats arn't EXACT it still shows a very low marine win percent. Obviously somthing need to be done to boost the marines or nerf the aliens, everyone hopes for a 50/50 but thats not plausable. so if marine wins>alien wins on specfic maps and aliens>marine wins on specfic maps in a small percent, then its about as balanced as you can get it.

April 05, 2005, 06:08:14 AM
Reply #30

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'm noticing another disturbing trend...

God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

April 05, 2005, 07:27:01 AM
Reply #31

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
we still need a average player count damn it!
[snapback]45363[/snapback]

I tried to keep the script that generates those at a bare minimum, because, as it is it takes a minute or two to run.. adding more processing might make php time it out.. even though I told php not to time it out, it still wants to do it.

April 05, 2005, 07:56:36 AM
Reply #32

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
relocate to hera ms node ftw!

April 05, 2005, 08:18:42 AM
Reply #33

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I'm noticing another disturbing trend...
[snapback]45495[/snapback]
<3  <3

I was surprised to see that tanith is one of the WORST maps for rines to squeak out a win. Hera, i'm not surprised, tons of nasty ambush spots, that whole sieging thing, and LOTS and LOTS of vertical variation (vertical variation means rines have shoot more up and down==more rines become skulk scat).

In general, the only games where I've won in the cc has, IIRC, been somewhat stacked in rines favour, with rines not making ANY mistakes,and working in laser precision. AND with aliens making a few key errors.

I think a balanced NS game will actually see a bit more alien wins than rine wins. Since the number of competent comms out there is usually quite low. But certainly not 80%.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 05, 2005, 08:58:31 AM
Reply #34

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
We also arnt taking into consideration how many games where you dont have a comm, or you do but its like 10 min in. A good team is hard to come by, a good comm right off the bat can be worst depending on the time of day

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

April 05, 2005, 08:59:36 AM
Reply #35

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Wow, that would severily underpower the aliens. MCing to hives, especially unbuilt, is one of the most valuable strategies used when Aliens go MC first, or second. Without this, the aliens would have to run between the hives, often taking ~30 seconds... The game isn't that unbalanced; I'd say that a few simple changes can fix it.
Well, for now at least. I'm not talking about broken hitboxes or other major problems here.
[snapback]45449[/snapback]
Not at all. Most servers don't have friendly fire turned on at all. Friendly fire removes the reliance on marines to shoot the hive while it's building to MC to it (thus making the MC premium for the first chamber). Also, aliens don't tend to bite each other a lot on accident, while marines are almost guaranteed to put a few bullets into their teammates during a heated firefight, especially at close range.
Now, we may all love friendly fire, but the game was balanced without it (except for match play, but that's another matter entirely). If you ask me, we are in no position to judge the balance of the current version as long as friendly fire is on. Friendly fire is alien biased.

April 05, 2005, 10:21:02 AM
Reply #36

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Friendly fire used to be one of the few things that dropped marine overpoweredness.  Now that we have the opposite situation in a big way, it might not be a bad idea to temporarily disable it.

You know, if you removed FF-MCing to hives, it would probably make every chamber equally powerful as a starting chamber in this version.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

April 05, 2005, 10:56:40 AM
Reply #37

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
According to the pretty chart, percentages stack for aliens pretty uniformly.

Everything would need to be wiped to take into account 3.02, and also take into account the growing popularity of the Elec strat. Further still, I suggest restricting the sample to games when there's 60% or more reg players, in order to rule out poor play.
[snapback]45378[/snapback]

This script simply parses log files for the victory line, and that's it. Anything more complicated will likely kill the server.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

April 05, 2005, 11:49:18 AM
Reply #38

ebnar

• Skulk

• View Profile

April 05, 2005, 12:27:47 PM
Reply #39

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
http://www.brywright.co.uk/ns/stats/classi...f0475dc0c7c0965
[snapback]45550[/snapback]

Uhh? Parsed error. Are you trying to show what would happen when the server would use more analysis on its logs? :D