Poll

NS Activity Increasing?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: NS Revival?  (Read 4690 times)

March 21, 2005, 04:31:29 PM
Read 4690 times

scooter-blue

I've been without computer this month, so I wanted to ask those of you who have been playing NS 3.0:  Have you noticed a revival in server activity since the release of the new version?  Of course immediately after the release there was a short term spike, but has a good portion of that new activity sustained over the course of the last two weeks?  I'm equally curious about new players and increased play time for the old players.  Also, if you play on other servers, has the situation been different on those than it has been on LM?

March 21, 2005, 04:44:31 PM
Reply #1

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I've noticed a few old people who haven't played NS in a while start playing it, but I don't think it's significant at all.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 21, 2005, 05:33:36 PM
Reply #2

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I don't think it's a very large increase, but I would say activity has increased a bit. I'm seeing the server full a lot more now.

March 21, 2005, 05:42:01 PM
Reply #3

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Wait a few more weeks.

People came back to play 3.0, and then there is of course the influx of players drawn by the New Version.

Once the nubs get bored and the old hands see nothing new, numbers will start to level off.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 21, 2005, 06:44:56 PM
Reply #4

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
Well there's me. Do I count as a significant addition?  <_< I join the server every time I play online, and have a blast until I get kicked by someone that has a res slot. I have a few other servers on my favorites list, so it's cool.  :cool:

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

March 21, 2005, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #5

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Well the waiting time to join lm went from 10 to 20 minutes.

March 21, 2005, 08:19:31 PM
Reply #6

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
Take into account, though, the banwipe.  A lot of people who used to be barred from the server have been back.
God, I'm old.

March 22, 2005, 01:27:38 AM
Reply #7

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I've noticed a large drop out in the clan scene, including myself right now :/

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

March 22, 2005, 03:33:12 AM
Reply #8

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
[snapback]44167[/snapback]

Good riddance to the clan scene.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

March 22, 2005, 07:09:24 AM
Reply #9

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Yes, damn us all to hell.

*edited for politeness.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 07:52:01 AM by Mr.Ben »

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

March 22, 2005, 10:34:11 AM
Reply #10

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
[snapback]44167[/snapback]

yea since like forever :(
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

March 22, 2005, 12:27:31 PM
Reply #11

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Its a free game, its on an old engine, most people have followed the gaming edge to pastures new.

What you're increasingly left with are the hardcore who actually LIKE the game, people who are poor at any other game and thus stay with NS to retain some semblance of glory, and random nubs who decide to try the game.

I don't think its even close to a revival, just an influx of new blood. Same thing happened with.......errrrrr... Alliegance, when it went open. Hard core crowd still playing, random nubs, some people who play it only because they've some popularity.

March 22, 2005, 01:18:57 PM
Reply #12

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Allegiance, now THERE is a learning curve.. OF DOOM!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 23, 2005, 02:42:37 PM
Reply #13

Settler

• Reserved Slot
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.lunixmonster.org
Its a free game, its on an old engine, most people have followed the gaming edge to pastures new.

What you're increasingly left with are the hardcore who actually LIKE the game, people who are poor at any other game and thus stay with NS to retain some semblance of glory, and random nubs who decide to try the game.

i think im number 1 and 2 :)

March 24, 2005, 04:24:18 PM
Reply #14

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
wow what a split vote...

and no i really dont notice that much difference at all, course i dont play outside of LM

March 25, 2005, 12:37:28 AM
Reply #15

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Even on LM, there's an awful lot more new faces, or so it seems.

March 25, 2005, 08:58:16 AM
Reply #16

Ubermaus

• Lerker

• View Profile
It might be more the case that I started playing NS again because having moved to the US and got broadband I have many more servers available to me, but I think the release of 3.0f was a catalyst for me to really get back into the game. I'd stopped playing back at 2.0 because the only decent UK server I knew (being on 56k I couldn't use foreign servers) went pretty nasty.

There are things about NS now that I really like though - the free upgrades are a great touch, as is the ability to reassign upgrades after evolving (though I sometimes forget to, and die in a hail of embarrassment). I think NS now is much better than the NS I stopped playing over a year ago. If I'd started playing again during the earlier 3.0 beta stages I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have stayed long.

That lunixmonster seems to be free of idiots helps too though. I can't abide muppets on public servers.

-Maus

(also, goddamn to the "maus" who registered to post one tiny comment and go :( )

March 26, 2005, 01:01:22 PM
Reply #17

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
NO FAKE VOTE ABOUT HD'S HACKS!!?!

wtf

March 27, 2005, 12:37:56 PM
Reply #18

pardzh

• Skulk

• View Profile
I was away from NS for a loooong time, but I've been frequenting LM a ton now. I dunno if it was necessarily 3.0 that brought me back, but I don't get bored of NS after 20 minutes anymore. Which is nice.

March 27, 2005, 01:02:58 PM
Reply #19

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
I came back to NS with 3.0. Whoo! Yay sabbatical!