Author Topic: 3.0 opinions  (Read 12346 times)

March 06, 2005, 12:54:36 AM
Reply #20

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
It also seems like the JP has much more power in it. As in more energy.

March 06, 2005, 01:28:38 AM
Reply #21

Iconoclast

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
It also seems like the JP has much more power in it. As in more energy.
[snapback]42553[/snapback]

Probably just a placebo effect..

The one thing that I really like is the new eclipse, I've been playing it alot in b5 recently and those doors have been driving me more and more crazy. All the RT movements on the map have made it alot more alien friendly too (especially the maint rt).

March 06, 2005, 03:29:14 AM
Reply #22

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I find it's about 5 times more frantic to comm now. And a ton more fun to skulk with free upgrades. Oh, and onos fallling sounds and pistol reloading sounds are choice! Seems to be aliens winning by a healthy margin, no?

Er what else, oh, OT, ns_orbital is a pretty sweet balanced map.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 06, 2005, 04:16:32 AM
Reply #23

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Overall, I am extremely excited about this new patch.  The free upgrades are the equilizer.  Rines always get free upgrades, once they are paid for, why shouldn't the aliens?  I also love the new sounds.  Most exciting to me though are the new maps, (not CO, i HATE CO) which seem to be truly well thought out and balanced, (have only played....eon i think it is).  The best patch so far EVER.  So when are they fixing the hit boxes with the next one???  :p

March 06, 2005, 06:44:56 AM
Reply #24

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I find it's about 5 times more frantic to comm now. And a ton more fun to skulk with free upgrades. Oh, and onos fallling sounds and pistol reloading sounds are choice! Seems to be aliens winning by a healthy margin, no?

Er what else, oh, OT, ns_orbital is a pretty sweet balanced map.
[snapback]42561[/snapback]
I know what you mean...  Seems you need to really get your rines butts in gear to have any chance of winning now.  I lost a game where I got HMG within the first 5 mins, had full armor/weapons ups and held about 5 nozzles until the last half of the game, just because when I dropped shotties and JP my team all flew off and ramboed alone, getting themselfs killed with all my equipment and not killing any hives  :angry:

SWIFTCOM ANGRY!
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 06, 2005, 08:11:40 AM
Reply #25

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I appear to be getting much better reg as a skulk. Fewer BS-moments where im pressed right up againt the marine but not hitting. Although im not sure if the netcode or hitboxes have been improved or not, so it could just be that i had a good run of games :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 08:12:15 AM by UKchaos »

March 06, 2005, 08:21:15 AM
Reply #26

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[...]Oh, and onos fallling sounds[...]
[snapback]42561[/snapback]
A heavy thud, probably? Can't wait to try it out tonight.

March 06, 2005, 08:48:03 AM
Reply #27

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
It goes a bit Jurassic Park-y.... whoomph........ whoomph.... whoomph.... as the Onos drops closer and closer.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 06, 2005, 08:59:02 AM
Reply #28

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
it's like a nuclear bomb.

Actually I've heard that those are quite silent, so it's probably something more like a car crash.

March 06, 2005, 08:59:16 AM
Reply #29

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
That sounds extremely cool. I haven't played as/against onos yet, but I hope I will soon :)
I don't like the LMG reloading sound either; maybe someone can make a soundpack of good custom files for NS? Or maybe there is one already.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 06, 2005, 10:55:02 AM
Reply #30

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Am I the only one who likes those sounds? I think the only sound I don't like is the new jetpack, although it's still better than the HooverPack.

If you search around on sites like t2k or NSArmslab, you can find plenty of sounds.

March 06, 2005, 05:08:37 PM
Reply #31

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
The reload ping is worryingly like the..........er.... Garand? from Medal of Honour. The one with the ping! reload obviously.

March 06, 2005, 06:26:07 PM
Reply #32

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Yeah, I believe that's the Garand. Haha, space Marines go back in time to get special ammunition from the WWII era.

March 06, 2005, 08:13:51 PM
Reply #33

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I shall be changing that sound in the near future. Just need a reload ping from, say, an M16.

March 06, 2005, 10:39:35 PM
Reply #34

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I love all the new sounds, personally. And every alien has a special dro psound now.

Oh, and I seem to have noticed that the context specific waypoints (weld target, at waypoint!)  seem to work A TON better now!

The free upgrades also really seem to lead to alot of back and forth and *gasp* epicish games! :D
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 06, 2005, 11:24:16 PM
Reply #35

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Complain about the sounds you don't like in the developer outreach thread.  They sound ok to me, but I am not much of a gun nut.  If they could be improved, let someone who can do something about it know how.  Maby even bug maxx about it on IRC, he idles #NS a fair bit.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 06, 2005, 11:32:26 PM
Reply #36

Iconoclast

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Complain about the sounds you don't like in the developer outreach thread.  They sound ok to me, but I am not much of a gun nut.  If they could be improved, let someone who can do something about it know how.  Maby even bug maxx about it on IRC, he idles #NS a fair bit.
[snapback]42640[/snapback]

Don't know if any commanders have ran into this problem..but the last 3 rounds in our scrims our comm has been hearing our rines reload shotguns at full volume even he wasnt centered in on our radius.

*edit* -btw map was eon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 11:33:34 PM by Iconoclast »

March 07, 2005, 05:04:01 AM
Reply #37

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
One sound that is really annoying is the shotgun reload...... not as a grunt though as a comm, hand out shottys and if you are anywhere near the marines thats all you can hear!!!
   :angry:

March 07, 2005, 06:42:12 AM
Reply #38

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, I keep hearing shotgun reload sounds all over - as an alien though.
Otherwise, things look good. Free upgrades make skulking a ton more fun, and maybe we'll see the SC get more use again. The MC just got even more powerful too, thanks to silent or celerity skulks. Let's see if we can manage to push the DC back to the third hive, eh? :D

March 07, 2005, 10:18:22 AM
Reply #39

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I just played 3 full games in a row last night as alien, where we went SC first all 3 times and just dominated.  SC first is definitely good, as long as you have people watching the red haloes and giving warnings.  It's kind of fun to sit in Powersilo hive, see some far off haloes, check the map to see where the appropriate sense chamber is and line up your field of view... "MARINES IN OMINOUS KISMET!"   :D

Yes, we got DC last one time.  Innate regen and godly skulks made up for it.

Why no love for Agora?  It's far from my favorite map, but I didn't mind having it in the cycle.  More is always better.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]