Author Topic: Why I love LunixMonster  (Read 12558 times)

February 17, 2005, 04:43:12 PM
Reply #20

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I have this growing suspicioun that if I played on a pub, I'd get insta banned for my awsome mic skills and un beatable comm strats.

So I stay here :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

February 17, 2005, 07:24:07 PM
Reply #21

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
i got banned once for speedhacking in co

i was celewallstrafing and they bant me...

they were also sure i was hacking since i got focus and cloaking so quickly.

nevermind that i had 28 kills in 4 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:24:19 PM by LowCrawler »

February 17, 2005, 09:51:41 PM
Reply #22

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I really dislike bannable "offenses" that some other servers have in their rules. I had to leave once, near the end of the game, so I did. I tried to reconnect and found that I was banned.

February 19, 2005, 07:18:15 PM
Reply #23

Squats

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://rinkerconsulting.com
I played here exclusively for almost a year, because it is the best. The best players, the best games, the best maps... Been gone for almost 6 months because I got a res-slot on another server after playing there for only a month. Well, now that server is gone, so I'll be around here more, but the res-slot kicks bug me so much that when I next get offered a slot elsewhere, I'll be gone again. I'd prefer to call Lunixmonster my home, but I'm not a huge forum guy, I prefer to spend my time playing not posting. And I'm definitely not hanging out in IRC so, it's highly unlikely I'll ever get to call this my home....

Squats

P.S. I really have missed playing with some of the people here. HD, Confused, Zero7, Isamil, Bob, lolfighter, mr.bill,  ABS, Dark, R4C, Grillkhole, just to name a few I could think of off the top of my head....

P.P.S. I probably shouldn't have named anyone, now poeple are going to feel left out  'cause they didn't come to mind right away...

P.P.P.S.  :blush: this message sounds really bad to me when it sez "reserved slot" in the left column.... Thank you  :D  :blush:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 10:41:25 PM by Squats »
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

February 20, 2005, 11:12:35 AM
Reply #24

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
The small sacrifice of having to read 2 of 8's spam posts is enough to justify frequenting the forum for my rslot.

<3
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 21, 2005, 12:35:50 AM
Reply #25

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Well then, I aswell am hooked on LM. I went to other servers to play once with couple of my friends after the incident on lm. While I was there I was accused of hacking or the players were completely idiotic or lame. I'm glad theres a place for me in lm.

February 21, 2005, 02:43:21 AM
Reply #26

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
LM is the best because it has so many awesome regular players and admins  <3

Some come close, but fall short by having less teamwork, consistently stacked teams or elistism.

February 21, 2005, 04:30:46 PM
Reply #27

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
P.S. I really have missed playing with some of the people here. HD, Confused, Zero7, Isamil, Bob, lolfighter, mr.bill,  ABS, Dark, R4C, Grillkhole, just to name a few I could think of off the top of my head....
[snapback]41125[/snapback]

*sniffs* You remembered me! <3

In other news. I haven't played on any other server since this server FIRST existed (Yea, that's right, way back when it was Nano-Gridlock). =3

What can I say about the skill level on this server? It's damn high for a pub server, that's for sure. Can I say I've improved playing on this server? Definitely. I've learned the basics of fading, and can fade quasi-effectively (though not anywhere close to HD, Scooter, etc). I've learned the basics of lerking (though still not anywhere close to HD or Isamil, but I can Lerk effectively in CO, strangely enough). I'm still not confident enough of my skills to venture out on other servers, so I lack experience in that department...

On a side note, however, I had my first hackusation the other day, strangely enough on LM. I was able to track a skulk with silence (with the help of MT) on ns_origin at double node. Yea, HD was there too. The guy went all: "omfg, this server is full of hackers". Nevermind the fact that I'm an admin (and I consider myself at least somewhat responsible, I haven't a clue what the rest of you think of me :()

Seeing your comments about why you <3 LunixMonster makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and reminds me as to why I still admin on this server.

On a totally unrelated note: Anyone wanna get together and just go around on random servers? Just for like a day or something? :D It'll be fun! See how many servers we can get banned from for "hacking"! XD
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

February 21, 2005, 05:21:38 PM
Reply #28

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
That'd be great, zero. Preferably while the server is empty... I cannot possible play NS elsewhere knowing that I would be on LM.
I did this with CorvusX a few weeks ago, we owned, but it was so boring. No teamwork between other players, and aliens just sucked...
But we could try again. It'd be more fun with more regs.

[semi-ninja edit]! NOBODY SAW WHAT I WROTE BEFORE. rad quotes improperly, that's why.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:46:41 AM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 21, 2005, 06:03:30 PM
Reply #29

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile

February 21, 2005, 09:01:32 PM
Reply #30

Iconoclast

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
On a totally unrelated note: Anyone wanna get together and just go around on random servers? Just for like a day or something? :D It'll be fun! See how many servers we can get banned from for "hacking"! XD
[snapback]41278[/snapback]

Sure, but we'd need to wear a spiffy 'clan' tag so we can all get bant together at the same time. omgclan ftw.

February 21, 2005, 09:12:08 PM
Reply #31

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Our little tag should be #LHRG | Yourname and when people asks us what the LHRG stands for we can be like Lunixmonster Hellish Ranting Group.

February 21, 2005, 10:51:26 PM
Reply #32

StoneToad

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
LMAO @ #LHRG tag

only problem with that is don't alot of servers ban # in names?

We shoudl have a reverse regnight one time where we all go out and crash a bunch of servers.  Kinda like a pubcrawl.

February 21, 2005, 10:54:43 PM
Reply #33

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Set a time/date anyone?
I propose... either upcoming Friday, 9-10 PM (est) or Saturday, an hour or two before reg night (so 7-8 PM est). Find the worst server(s) possible and go on there with [OMGCLAN] tags. It'll be great.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 21, 2005, 11:15:53 PM
Reply #34

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
I don’t want to burst anybody’s bubble here but this has turned from a ‘why I love lunixmonster and play nowhere else’ to a ‘lets get banned from somewhere else as a team!’.  And while I can’t stop you, I think that it’s not a great reason:
  • TBH, there is only a small handful of LM regs / admins that are remotely good enough to get accused and BANNED for hacking.  No offense, I certainly am not in the ‘good’ boat… but I think you’ll just wind up playing elsewhere and wind up grieving to get a ban so you can brag…. And that totally doesn’t sound like a good idea.
  • Lunixmonster Hellish Ranting Group – ummm that’s not an image we want people to know lunixmonster by.
  • Strictly business speaking – you are taking ‘business’ away from lunixmonster by playing NS elsewhere, and if you flaunt your LHRG or whatever tag and say what it means you’re literally begging people not to try out our server.
Anyways IMO very bad idea…

February 21, 2005, 11:19:29 PM
Reply #35

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
We're not trying to get banned. At least that wasn't my original intention...
The reason I tried to go on other servers was just to see how it is there. I don't play elsewhere than LM, so I wouldn't know whether it's good/bad out there. This is the main reason - we would get a few LM regs, find some server, play there. Just for fun. Not to get banned or accused of hacking, or to cause havoc; just to play a well-organized game with a good team on an average server.
Seems that others took this idea in a different way.

February 22, 2005, 12:15:50 AM
Reply #36

StoneToad

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
I wasnt suggesting tryign to get banned either, it was more of a "lets go and see what the rest of the servers are like, but with friends so it's more fun".

We'll probably all end up running back to LM screaming like wusses just like 2 of 8 did in the origional post

February 22, 2005, 02:18:09 AM
Reply #37

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
wooo TLM .txt

>_<

if I had a computer I would so be in  :blink:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

February 22, 2005, 05:52:40 AM
Reply #38

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Mmmkay, I'll try and organize a "Reverse Pub" event. However, there'll be some things we'll be doing to help ensure we don't destroy the LM image in doing this:

1) If we wear a tag, it won't be remotely related to LM
2) Smurf.

... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

February 22, 2005, 09:28:03 AM
Reply #39

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
[OMGCLAN^^]Legotar.rar reporting for duty!

And I'm not in this to get bant or grief, just to pont some nubs :D.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 09:28:29 AM by Legionnaired »