Author Topic: I beat HL2  (Read 2283 times)

February 13, 2005, 12:16:16 AM
Read 2283 times

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
^^

oh since you here

I JUST BEAT HL DEUCE  :blush:
It was |>\/\//\/
I rolled over to zerwalters house on friday, and spent the night. I started playing it around 4:30 Fri, got off at 2:30 am sat, got back on at around 2 pm, and just finished at 11 right now  :mellow:  :huh:

random thoughts:
  • could have done a better job with the way that the car handled, it handled like ess.
  • where was that scene where you went thru the sewers with alyx and the combine grunt stops you and gets silent rocked from behind by the clear blue plasma type tendril type thing thing thing..
  • damn gunships and striders take way to many effing rockets to kill, and there really is no way to bring them down without them
  • physics were pretty awesome, I loved being able to pin soldiers to stuff with the crossbow
  • speaking of crossbow, leetest weapon evar, I love how it shot the molten rebar
  • Breen mentions that indeed gordons work is availabe to the highest bidder, and it is so how does that tie [if at all] the combine to the g-man and what relation do they have?
  • RAVEHOLM FTW, the screamer zombies were truly terifying, that scene where you can see them for the first time is on the roof doing the iori style lean back and scream then you see 4 of them jumping like 25 feet in the air to random spots. All you think is :( I'm going to have to fight them.
  • effing new quick headcrabs
zer is kicking me off his comp so I will come back sooner or later and talk about hl2 some more

<3

Editor's Note: TAK should not do code when he's very tired. Fixed your
    .[/color]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 03:11:47 PM by Lightning Blue »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

February 13, 2005, 07:26:37 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, the new faster headcrabs were tres annoying. I feared the toxic headcrabs more (got teamed up on and killed by one of those and a fastcrab once), but the fastcrabs were far more annoying. I mean, the toxic crabs were slow, and therefore rather easy to avoid. The fastcrabs not so.

But still, I loathed the toxic crabs. Albeit only temporarily, they would reduce your health to a single hp. "Neurotoxin detected. Antidote administered." Ugh. I don't know exactly how much health you'd actually lose to that one in the end, but the dramatic drop in hp as well as the sickening flash were bad enough. And getting hit by a toxic crab, then by a fastcrab right afterwards when you were still low on hp = dead Gordon.

February 13, 2005, 10:20:00 AM
Reply #2

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
After the antidote does it's work you are left with 5 less hp, LF :)

Tak: The hydra scene was removed because:
[...]the closer it got to being done, the more its fatal flaw was becoming clear: it was amazingly cool to watch it fight other characters, but it was zero fun to play against in first-person. When it attacked others, as the player you could see this great big glowing giant worm snaking through the map, knocking stuff over and putting on a great show, but when it attacked you, you'd just see this non-descript blob doing something vauge, then you'd be dead.

:ph34r:  :help:

February 14, 2005, 01:19:51 PM
Reply #3

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
makes alot of sense

thanks for fixing my code LF  :blush:

The pherapod was awesome

somethign that I found ever more awesome was binding mousewheel up and down to +jump and then spamming it and holding forward. I really liked having that in the game, it reminded me of NS, and I think gordon walks way to damn slow, and can only sprint for short enough distance to make it pointless.  ^_^

I liked the triggered events, like the smokestack falling down. I missed the all knowing vortie in teh hovercraft level  :wacko:

I really want to listen to breen talk at the end again, I want to hypothesize about what breen was talking about in reference to highest bidder [g-man's services] and stuff. I also thing in hl3 that he made it thru the portal and into his host body, cause I don't recall seeing him die other than the orb falling down.

I think it's cool how the weapon destroyer powered up the grav gun, I'm looking forward to running hl2 with cheats next time.

The posion headcrabs were slow, but like LF says when teamed up with a fast headcrab, or even a regular one they can be very deadly. The snipers were cool but real snipers wouldn't have the laser, but that would be unballanced. I loved ravenholm, and I loved the War of worlds feel that the striders presented outside the courtyard by the citadel. I also think that dog was obscenely leet, esp when I saw combine soldiers *running away* at the very end, I thought "wtf must be backup somewhere" the I look around and see dog chucking a minivan at them  :huh:

MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

February 14, 2005, 02:00:48 PM
Reply #4

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Breen couldn't have made it through the portal, you destory the portal before it finishes powering up.

February 14, 2005, 02:52:43 PM
Reply #5

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
After the antidote does it's work you are left with 5 less hp, LF :)

Tak: The hydra scene was removed because:
[...]the closer it got to being done, the more its fatal flaw was becoming clear: it was amazingly cool to watch it fight other characters, but it was zero fun to play against in first-person. When it attacked others, as the player you could see this great big glowing giant worm snaking through the map, knocking stuff over and putting on a great show, but when it attacked you, you'd just see this non-descript blob doing something vauge, then you'd be dead.

:ph34r:  :help:
[snapback]40542[/snapback]

lol to think, they couldnt lower the AI? or damage it does to you becuase it was so l33t. Pwnt

But its been awhile since I beat hl2 and ill admit, the game was amazing, the fast headcrabs were a pain and the spider ones were freaky  but all in all it was good times.

Though I didnt quite understand the whole different species of headcrab. They for one weren;t a deformation / mutation IN the town itself becuase I killed 7 Fast headcrabs comming out of a rocket that plummeted the ground a few feet in front of me. (you can tell becuase of those skulk like, spindly legs besides the fact that they can run 60 mph :p

February 15, 2005, 07:23:32 AM
Reply #6

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think there's just different species of headcrabs. We didn't see more than one kind in HL because... well, because Valve hadn't thought them up yet. The different headcrabs are just different species. Sometimes the simple explanations work best.

February 17, 2005, 10:24:03 PM
Reply #7

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Those headcrabs were kind of used to help in the invasion of Earth by the combine, since the skulks... er headcrabs would attack anyone (that would be you, my friend). There were times then the crabs turned on the combine, but not as often.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld