Author Topic: General Tips for NS  (Read 6483 times)

February 17, 2005, 09:08:55 PM
Reply #20

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
So much killing in Black Mesa seemed to pay off :o
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

February 17, 2005, 09:16:49 PM
Reply #21

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
So much killing in Black Mesa seemed to pay off :o
[snapback]40935[/snapback]
Not really, HE CAME BACK WITH A VENGEANCE.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 19, 2005, 04:13:22 PM
Reply #22

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
There is one GOLDEN tip for playing as a marine. Apart from aim and situational awareness it totally seperates the good from the bad. It's your ability to use meatshields. Good players die less because they avoid situations which put them in danger. Let a random person go through the doorway first and draw the skulks out, you clean up!

Yes I'm mean and totally missed the point of this server!  :mellow:

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

February 19, 2005, 05:41:20 PM
Reply #23

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
<3 MrBen
Yeah, but good skulks will know that theres more then 1 marine coming.

February 21, 2005, 09:17:42 AM
Reply #24

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Meh, i'll kill them all god dammit!  >:D

#lessthanthree on qnet

February 22, 2005, 04:31:00 AM
Reply #25

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
There is one GOLDEN tip for playing as a marine. Apart from aim and situational awareness it totally seperates the good from the bad. It's your ability to use meatshields. Good players die less because they avoid situations which put them in danger. Let a random person go through the doorway first and draw the skulks out, you clean up!

Yes I'm mean and totally missed the point of this server!  :mellow:
[snapback]41110[/snapback]
Meh, if you can shoot good I'm a willing meatshield.  I kamakazi alot, cause I know I'm not the greatest shot in the world, but I am a fairly twitchy shot, so I have a decent chance of helping out the guys behind me with my spray and pray.  Nothing annoys me more when good ol' NSPlayer behind me when he empties half a clip into my back while there is a skulk chomping on my ankles and then proceeds to die right after me cause he wasted all his ammo trying, in some rediculous and vain attemt, to save my worthless life.

For Gods sake, listen to MrBen, DON'T BE NSPLAYER!
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 22, 2005, 12:23:33 PM
Reply #26

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
[snapback]41110[/snapback]

(only on pubs)
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

February 22, 2005, 04:21:30 PM
Reply #27

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
In pcws i'm always through first but mostly because i trust my clan mates to clean up :)

#lessthanthree on qnet

February 22, 2005, 05:34:13 PM
Reply #28

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
we both know that they don't.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

February 22, 2005, 05:41:29 PM
Reply #29

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
- When someone is making any sound (chuckle, etc) and you are not gorge, follow them, or look to see what they are doing. They are requesting your attention.

:huh: ..... :mellow: .....

I only use Chuckle to piss Marines off if I killed them, to annoy them and get their attention to a vent or something then try and get em from another angle off guard. and I just do it to do it. and beside, nobody uses the commands besides the heal one seriously. Usually I see people saying "follow me" over the mic or "*name here* follow me" in the team chat box.

February 22, 2005, 07:40:14 PM
Reply #30

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
For the love of bunnies, cover anyone building/welding/carrying a GL. These people rely on you to cover them, not to bhop around aimlessly while throwing your guns in the air.

Not I!  I am proudly self-sufficient with my GL, though if you're nearby, I can't vouch for your safety.  

However, sometimes it's nice to see a skulk rush fail miserably with a well-placed grenade into the lead skulk, so I'm not -too- bad to have around...though I bet most would prefer me not to have weapons that kill them too.

But as another general rule that I think everyone should list:

BE AWARE OF WHAT'S GOING ON.

Check your map every now and then if it seems a little too quiet, look around, patrol, things are never supposed to be quiet, and things are never supposed to be simple.  Find something to do if you have nothing.

In response to meatshields.  A few words for you all:

FOR THE GOOD OF THE MANY!!!

If others are better shooters, it's your turn through that infested doorway.  If nobody else goes, what good does standing around do?  It only takes one marine, and you do respawn.  Suck up your pride and take the steps.  That, or push MrBill through.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 07:43:57 PM by Asal »
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

February 22, 2005, 07:41:33 PM
Reply #31

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
- When someone is making any sound (chuckle, etc) and you are not gorge, follow them, or look to see what they are doing. They are requesting your attention.

:huh: ..... :mellow: .....

I only use Chuckle to piss Marines off if I killed them, to annoy them and get their attention to a vent or something then try and get em from another angle off guard. and I just do it to do it. and beside, nobody uses the commands besides the heal one seriously. Usually I see people saying "follow me" over the mic or "*name here* follow me" in the team chat box.
[snapback]41385[/snapback]
I use chuckle when I play leapfrog with my fellow gorgies.  <3 gorgies
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL