Author Topic: Skulk Pwnage.  (Read 7439 times)

December 20, 2003, 11:19:56 AM
Read 7439 times

TheChuckster

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://thechuckster.beigetower.org
The power of one word sets the tone to this masterpiece that took 30 seconds tops to do in Gimp. ^^

Can't take credit to Flayra's bite render tho.

thechuckster.beigetower.org -- Finally a game site that's free.

December 20, 2003, 12:35:50 PM
Reply #1

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

December 20, 2003, 08:15:17 PM
Reply #2

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
don't worry ill get you some  :help:

December 21, 2003, 08:24:29 AM
Reply #3

TheChuckster

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://thechuckster.beigetower.org
:ph34r: If you are implying that I need psychological help then leave now, but if it's Gimp/Photoshop-related help, I'm all for it.

thechuckster.beigetower.org -- Finally a game site that's free.

December 21, 2003, 10:06:45 AM
Reply #4

Gunner2k

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://gunner2k.250free.com
Chuckster, You just wrote "Pwned." In there...
You need  :help:

December 21, 2003, 01:37:06 PM
Reply #5

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Can't take credit to Flayra's bite render tho.
er.. Flayra did the bite render?
Yeah.. you do need  :help:
Flayra doesn't model.. Flayra doesn't map. Flayra codes. He does that very well. He coded the entire 1.0x NS by himself (which is pretty much the basis of the entire game)
Its kinda funny the people who believe that NS is a one man mod... Yeah, I'm sure Flayra can code, map and model and do all of this as well as it has been done.
Okay, so Flayra has made a map.. but trust me, if you ever see a server playing ns_solar, run. Run for your life and only stop to look up and scream dramaticly like in those old godzilla movies..

December 21, 2003, 06:23:31 PM
Reply #6

CommunistWithAGun

• Skulk

• View Profile
In other news, "Orgasm" <_<
Got himself banned.

December 21, 2003, 09:25:54 PM
Reply #7

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
ns_sloar? flayra made it? where can i get a copy?

this could be vey interesting at our next lan

*cough*
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 09:28:25 PM by Black Mage »

December 22, 2003, 03:22:42 AM
Reply #8

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
You can't..  ;)
From what I can tell it was a pre 1.0 test map. Only PTs have it, and hell, not even all of them have it since some of them were added for 2.0. Then you consider that some may have deleted their beta files.. that brings it down to like 15-20 copies left...

December 22, 2003, 04:46:44 PM
Reply #9

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
soo... you're saying that if i were to get my hands on it, i could sell it for some big bucks? :huh:

*cough*

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

December 22, 2003, 05:58:18 PM
Reply #10

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
No.. most of the people who have it will probably give it to you willingly.. they really don't mind, Its just a map. Although from what I have heard.. its not exactly a good map.. or a mediocrie map... Yeah. Flayra is a nub.  o_O
What? Its true... He can't even bunny hop. It is a truely odd moment when you hear the developer of your favorite game go "Hey! Look at me! I'm finally bunny hopping!"
Those were some sad, sad hops.

December 23, 2003, 08:37:48 AM
Reply #11

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
So what? I've noticed that bunnyhopping carries the 'veteran' virus somewhat: People who can do it start to believe that they're better than those who can't. My respect goes to those who can play well without having to resort to bunnyhopping.

December 23, 2003, 09:15:21 PM
Reply #12

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Well, I guess it also depends on how you define bunny hopping.. For some it is just jumping repeatedly to gain speed. Others do all these weird little tricks where they look in circles to gain extra hight in the jump or something.
I bunny hop in the jumping repeatedly fashion. No tricks, just bouncing along... I mean, lets face it, as  a skulk you have to bunny hop. It doesn't matter if its to gain speed or something, if you run right up to a marine you are dead. Moving is life as a skulk, thus bouncing is an important thing to do

December 24, 2003, 07:30:21 AM
Reply #13

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Bunnyhopping is currently defined as bouncing along while doing these tricky strafing/looking maneouvers, gaining insane speed (well, not quite so insane in 2.x). Just bouncing won't gain you any speed unless you bounce down a slope (nice for Gorge getaways), wallrunning is much faster and can be done as a marine as well. Jumping madly can hardly be frowned upon.

December 24, 2003, 02:28:41 PM
Reply #14

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
Well, I guess it also depends on how you define bunny hopping.. For some it is just jumping repeatedly to gain speed. Others do all these weird little tricks where they look in circles to gain extra hight in the jump or something.
I bunny hop in the jumping repeatedly fashion. No tricks, just bouncing along... I mean, lets face it, as  a skulk you have to bunny hop. It doesn't matter if its to gain speed or something, if you run right up to a marine you are dead. Moving is life as a skulk, thus bouncing is an important thing to do
zigzag on the ground, much more effective because they have to constansly change their aim (down, left, rught, lower, left, right ...) jumping puts you almost at eye level, so at least for your bites (especially against a big gun) go for the toes, much harder to hit and if the're looking at their feet, the're not looking at your buddies.

December 24, 2003, 02:35:42 PM
Reply #15

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Yeah, i agree with lolfighter, I jump repeatedly, for it makes me harder to hit.  I'd rather do wallrunning anyday, its easier, less to think about, and doesn't screw up your aim.

As for actual bunnyhopping, i've been playing HL+mods since 1997 or 1998 (cant remember exactly, it was in the early betas of CS) and I'm proud to say that i havn't resorted to bunnyhopping ever. :D   The only mod that i see that it is really helpful in is TFC.  I join a TFC server and everyone is bunnyhopping along (reminds me of the early CS days  <_< )  It is just about that time that i whip out my sniper rifle and gib them all >:D

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 02, 2004, 11:48:08 PM
Reply #16

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
So what your saying is: the skulk is hungry so hes going to eat that text saying pwned?

January 14, 2004, 01:50:45 PM
Reply #17

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
that is SO my spray...
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?