Author Topic: Prologue Of The Shadow Age  (Read 2416 times)

December 17, 2003, 08:06:19 PM
Read 2416 times

Smoke Nova

• Skulk

• View Profile
*Bear in mind that I haven't done creative writing like this in almost 6 years, so it might suck

It was the last year of the First Dark Age.  The land of Kadessa had been ripped apart by war for thousands of war, an eternal war raging between the Seven clans and the Shadow Lord's armies.  It was not until the final battle on the Northern Frost Plains that the Shadow Lord was defeated, though it was not by strength of arms.  The Seven clans, using ancient majics, forged a weapon to destroy the Shadow Lord.  The final battle was a vicious one, with the Seven clans burning up the last of their strength in a last attempt to stop the world from plunging into eternal darkness.  On the field of battle, the last heroes of the Seven clans fought bitterly against the Shadow Guard, until only the Red Dragon knight Nova and the White Dragon knight Navarro were left to face the Shadow Lord himself.  Alone, neither Dragon knight would have been able to face down the Shadow Lord, but together they destroyed him, but it was a pyrrhic victory.  The Shadow Lord had long-foreseen this moment and taken steps to ensure that his destruction would not be complete.

December 17, 2003, 08:31:08 PM
Reply #1

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I like it, not too much to say other than if this was a book I would be happily reading the next page right now :)

December 17, 2003, 09:59:26 PM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Where's this leading? Some upcoming story? Would like to read it!

Anyways, if you're looking for a little constructive criticism:

It's spelled "magic", not "majic" (or is that intentional?)

"Shadow Lord" sounds a little "standard". Perhaps something a little fancier, like a sinister sounding name? Names like Sauron come to mind of course. Something in that direction?

December 17, 2003, 10:04:44 PM
Reply #3

Smoke Nova

• Skulk

• View Profile
It was going to Shadow King, but that sounds ripped from the game Shadow King: Okage.

The name you don't learn until later in the story...Cael, as I have a fascination with ae in names.

[edit] Majic is intentional, as I feel the word magic gets over-used.  majic sounds far more exotic.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 11:38:39 PM by Smoke Nova »