Author Topic: Argh Voicespam!  (Read 17063 times)

March 11, 2005, 10:27:15 AM
Reply #40

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I've posted myopnion about this before. But I'll say it again. When the game has yet to be decided (first 5 minutes or so), voice comm is a very PRECIOUS commodity. It's for Hoot.. i mean the Comm to spa.. uh.. USE wisely.

When the game is decided (i.e. rines have 1 node, they have 2 fades, most of the nodes, 2 hives and just crushiing us, I don't care how much you Ranger it up.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 11, 2005, 11:07:04 AM
Reply #41

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I don't care how much you Ranger it up.
[snapback]42997[/snapback]
You better trademark that.

I played a game several days ago in which I had to mute the comm since he didn't know how to say things quick. So he was basically using the mic all the time.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

March 11, 2005, 11:15:05 AM
Reply #42

AzubahF

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.unclebigtime.com
I understand that there is a certain level of camaraderie (<--Spelling?)  on this server, where most people play the game with eachother every night and get along well with eachother.  but it can get to be too much, to the point last night where someone said "we're team voicespam" and it seemed that everyone was breaking rule #10 on purpose.  I wanted to switch teams since it was 8 vs 7, but I didn't coz that is against the rules as well, as the teams weren't really uneven.  

as for having a sense of humor... say something funny.  most of the time voice spam is stuff like "I went in data core, and there were a bunch of rines, and i said OMG I'm going to die, and then I died."  instead of just saying "rines in data core."

March 11, 2005, 11:29:28 AM
Reply #43

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
I understand that there is a certain level of camaraderie (<--Spelling?)  on this server, where most people play the game with eachother every night and get along well with eachother.  but it can get to be too much, to the point last night where someone said "we're team voicespam" and it seemed that everyone was breaking rule #10 on purpose.  I wanted to switch teams since it was 8 vs 7, but I didn't coz that is against the rules as well, as the teams weren't really uneven.
[snapback]43007[/snapback]
Az... If I'm ever the admin on - let me know you're annoyed.  I've been neglecting punishing for voice spam because I figured other people shouldn't suffer just because they annoy me.  But if they annoy me AND others on the server  >:D

March 11, 2005, 01:43:17 PM
Reply #44

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I understand that there is a certain level of camaraderie (<--Spelling?)  on this server, where most people play the game with eachother every night and get along well with eachother.  but it can get to be too much, to the point last night where someone said "we're team voicespam" and it seemed that everyone was breaking rule #10 on purpose.  I wanted to switch teams since it was 8 vs 7, but I didn't coz that is against the rules as well, as the teams weren't really uneven.
[snapback]43007[/snapback]
Az... If I'm ever the admin on...
[snapback]43009[/snapback]
Yeah, I don't see you on the server much anymore. Where ya been?

March 11, 2005, 02:21:59 PM
Reply #45

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
[snapback]43024[/snapback]
I'm playing later at night and less often.... tbh I feel like an old dog who doesn't want to learn the 'new trick' of adapting to the new NS.  I was never great, but I'm now routinely the bottom person on the scoreboard and I hate being the worst.

Plus personal reasons have kept me kinda busy - hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things sometime soon.

March 11, 2005, 05:48:32 PM
Reply #46

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]43024[/snapback]
I'm playing later at night and less often.... tbh I feel like an old dog who doesn't want to learn the 'new trick' of adapting to the new NS.  I was never great, but I'm now routinely the bottom person on the scoreboard and I hate being the worst.
[snapback]43030[/snapback]
If you play enough, you're bound to get used to the new version.

March 12, 2005, 06:32:20 AM
Reply #47

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I was never great, and outright SUCKED at b5, but I seem to be doing quite well in b6. Not that I really care about the scoreboard. If I feel that I have been useful to my team, what do I care about the scoreboard?
On aliens, my greatest skill is looking out for marine activity and bossing the aliens around to where the action is. "Field Commander" if you will. I believe I can really make a difference that way, but the scoreboard doesn't track that.

March 12, 2005, 08:14:13 AM
Reply #48

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I was great, but recently everyone else has gotten better  :angry:
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 12, 2005, 11:25:15 AM
Reply #49

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Scoreboard measures individual skill, not in any way tied to your team. You may be 40:0, and still lose as a team - or you might be 0:20 and win as a team.
I usually end up being on the top or close to the top of the scoreboard as Alien, and near the bottom as Marine.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 12, 2005, 09:42:24 PM
Reply #50

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Scoreboard measures individual skill, not in any way tied to your team. You may be 40:0, and still lose as a team - or you might be 0:20 and win as a team.
[snapback]43126[/snapback]
Although usually if a guy has a 40:0 ratio, it'll help the team quite a bit, and they should be winning if the rest of the players are any decent at all.

March 13, 2005, 12:27:01 AM
Reply #51

RangerAlpha

• Skulk

• View Profile
Ranger, do you WANT a 'dis'-honerable mention?  Does annoying people sound like a fun idea to you?  gah!   *dies*
[snapback]42992[/snapback]
You see, ive discovered from previous experience, negative or positive publicity, in the end, has the same effect...

March 13, 2005, 10:51:54 AM
Reply #52

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Ranger, do you WANT a 'dis'-honerable mention?  Does annoying people sound like a fun idea to you?  gah!   *dies*
[snapback]42992[/snapback]
You see, ive discovered from previous experience, negative or positive publicity, in the end, has the same effect...
[snapback]43176[/snapback]
Negative publicity results in no RS; Positive publicity results in a RS, how are those two effects the same?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 13, 2005, 07:08:35 PM
Reply #53

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
They both affec your RS?

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

March 13, 2005, 08:47:27 PM
Reply #54

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
For a second there I thought you said public nudity.

March 14, 2005, 12:46:04 AM
Reply #55

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
For a second there I thought you said public nudity.
[snapback]43291[/snapback]
only you man....
I've played with ranger for a long time, and he does spam a lot. but most of the time, if you actually listen to it, hes useful. He knows the names of the map areas and when he whines about an onos eating him in _______________, you can use that to know "ok, theres an onos in this area, probably going to ___________". and when he does spam unnecessarily, just admin_slap him, that usually helps  >:D
I dont use my mic because its all jacked up for some reason and cuts out everyone elses sound when i talk on it. Have yet to figure that one out.
as for the whole b5/3.0 thing, i have ALWAYS sucked scorewise. But the reason is that im a better support player than an offensive player. I always gorge at the beginning of the map and drop rts or chambers on aliens, and always haul ass to res nodes to build em as rines. Plus im fairly good at being a hive ninja if you watch me and are quick with a pg drop. My skill lies in the backfield. You'll usually tab up the scores and see that i'm close to the top with relatively few kills on aliens. I do like the new version a hell of a lot better than b5 though...b5 was garbage.
/end rant
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

March 14, 2005, 10:50:51 AM
Reply #56

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]43291[/snapback]
He knows the names of the map areas and when he whines about an onos eating him in _______________, you can use that to know "ok, theres an onos in this area, probably going to ___________".
[snapback]43309[/snapback]
Well I should hope so since it says right in the corner.

March 14, 2005, 05:03:46 PM
Reply #57

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
there are definitely times that it doesnt. example: gestating. no map, no location, nada. if you dont know where you are already, youre hosed.
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

March 21, 2005, 12:03:53 PM
Reply #58

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
I always end up muting everyone except commander, because someone always spams or just gets extremely annoying, and then there's people yelling at them and what not. Yesterday some kid just yelled into the mic for like 15 seconds straight.

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

March 23, 2005, 08:53:04 PM
Reply #59

RangerAlpha

• Skulk

• View Profile
not while your being digested.  :)   I blame photographic memory hax.    Negative publicity is useful if you need name recognition... which i probably dont...  but, hey, im not a person who wont admit i spam a lot.  i wish i could help it.  However, the only way i could learn to use the mic was hit the button whenever i spoke for any reason.  I'm working on it, really, but its a habit, and gonna take a while :)

And thx cry, for admitting my voicespam is SOMETIMES useful.... :)